Anyone here sick?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Anyone here sick?

Postby everything on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:38 am

for those of you who were sick or had/have friends or family who were/are sick, how is everyone doing?

hope everyone is fully recovering.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 am

Yes, my friend who lives downtown has recovered. It took about two weeks for him to be able to get out of bed. I may have mentioned him earlier because his symptoms were a loss of smell and taste. When he told me, I thought he was just being paranoid. But, he posted on FB, and he had lost a lot of weight.

The problem with this virus is that no one knows yet whether a person can get reinfected. I.e., whether one gets enough of an immunity after having it to prevent getting it again if re-exposed. For ex., can people who test positive and are isolated come back to work in X days or weeks later. Could we have previously infected persons take over essential jobs?

Anyone in your part of the world ill?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 am

don't know anyone personally affected, but hearing of friends' friends or relatives already.

feeling slightly run down and sick today, with definite allergy symptoms (itchy eyes) to go with the ambiguous fatigue and congestion. Really don't like getting any colds or symptoms, but especially not right now! continuing to smell great coffee scent to combat hypochondria, lol.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Bill on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:57 am

One of the guys I work with died of it last week. Unfortunately he had many co-morbidities that hurt his chances for recovery.
RIP Steve P.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:10 am

There have been cases reported since January about re-infections. South Korea also just reported more. I have not seen any stats on the percentages of that happening, but I think it's another of the great unknowns and if it is emphasized it just adds unnecessarily to the fear factor.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:03 am

But, if there's no fear of reinfection, that won't diminish the chances of it happening. People need to know that it is at least a possibility, so they can pay attention. Otoh, if suddenly many people are reinfected, they will blame those who didn't warn them.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby .Q. on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:17 am

This virus can last a long time in certain people. One guy in Taiwan took 81 days before he is cleared to leave quarantine.

https://www.ctwant.com/article/45960
.Q.
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic