Anyone here sick?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Anyone here sick?

Postby Bao on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:04 pm

I am isolating myself as good as I can with morons outside everywhere who don't care.

I am just fine. The thing is that after I had the flu last year (which I normally never get) I soon got ill again with fever, dry cough and a little bit hard to breath. This was in November last year and I remember it clearly because I've never had anything similar before. We also have a few acquaintances saying the same thing. Some people believe that the virus has been around for a much longer time than when it was discovered and I've read (though I don't take this very seriously) that no one has found the first original mutation. So who knows, maybe it was in fact we Swedes who started the whole thing and brought it to China? ;D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Bao wrote:I am isolating myself as good as I can with morons outside everywhere who don't care.

that's it right there - so many people saying this is a overblown issue or it's a scam to get people under govt control. or simply "I'm young I don't care" and ignoring all the other people with elder families they interact with.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Bao on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:31 pm

meeks wrote:
Bao wrote:I am isolating myself as good as I can with morons outside everywhere who don't care.

that's it right there - so many people saying this is a overblown issue or it's a scam to get people under govt control. or simply "I'm young I don't care" and ignoring all the other people with elder families they interact with.

Well yeah, this is certainly not the best time to act selfish and I would feel very bad if I knew that I had been spreading this shit. But also, I've read so much about it that I am really scared of getting it. It's a far much nastier and unpredictable thing than most people realize. Hell no, better to try to stay far away from it.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:44 am

Hey Ian,
I wish your wife and yourself all the best for the coming weeks - if she (and thus unavoidably also you) do get it, then that it takes a mild course. Such a bummer when front-line carers are treated in such a cavalier way. >:(
And best wishes for health, or more specifically just a mild course of illness, for all other guys here and their families.

Actually I had something over the last 3 weeks which I am pretty certain was just a mild dose of flu and NOT "our little friend". I got it from my 14-year-old daughter (exact same symptoms), who had it another 2 or 3 weeks even further back, at a time when the virus was certainly not doing the rounds in her school or indeed almost anywhere in Berlin. No dry cough for me, only slight fever for 24 hours but really tired for quite a few days, plus a more 'productive' cough for a couple of weeks, slowly tailing off. But no breathing difficulties as such. I was still able to slip into my standard 2.5 to 3 breaths a minute when at rest, which was a good sign. Pretty much back to strength now. As said, I felt pretty sure it was 'only' flu - although there were/are no testing possibilities, so I can't be totally sure - but over the last couple of weeks I had felt more nervous about catching Covid-19 while still dealing with another (pulmonary) viral infection, as that would be a double whammy. I'm 57 (but naturally amazingly fit and athletic for my age :D 8-) ;) ), so I'm in a kind of secondary risk group. Now I'm 95% healthy again so pretty much back to normal, which of course still means taking all the normal precautions.

Living in a big city, also under normal circumstances using public transport every few days, I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before I do get it. All the reduced contact stuff is not about never getting infected, just flattening the wave over a longer period. Not losing any sleep about the prospect (literally) but it's still a strange feeling. Probably to very probably just a mild course of illness, but still some chance of ending up in hospital, and a more than totally negligible chance of dying from it. Same for all of us who are aged over 55, I guess. Not really worried about myself so much but most definitely want to stick around longer for my daughter and for my wife (who is younger than me). That's my main concern.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby middleway on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:04 am

Yeh I had it. Luckily I coach a Doctor who is on the front line with this and he confirmed as 99% sure. Our NHS arent testing most people, only those that require hospitalisation.

For me it was a week of extreme fatigue, 3 days of Fever, Pain behind the eyes, Loss of taste and smell, Sore throat, very slight cough & pretty bad body aches.

I rarely get affected by seasonal flu, colds etc and a number of other people I know and was minging with before the lockdown are all sick too, though none seriously or needing medical intervention.

Wishing everyone health out there ... Now that i am feeling better, at least the self isolation has kicked up my daily training to silly levels! ;D ;D
Last edited by middleway on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 am

Damn, thanks for sharing and glad you are better!

Hopefully that means you are quite safe now, middleway.

Giles, hope you stay well.
Last edited by everything on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 am

I`m quite good at the present,
even more - I didn`t hear about single corona case in circle of my family or friends .
In the closest to my present place hospital- was one case of death , he get the virus , however main reason of his death was different.
In this point worth to mention, that virus tests are not 100% trustworthy.
PCR test commonly used is more like 80%, but only if patient has the previous diagnostic.
If he hasn`t is more close to 50%.

And
from little beat not so esoteric side:
vibrations...
Corona vibrations has very lo level, similar level of the vibration has humans directed mainly by "reptilian`s" part of their brain, so they are main aim of the attack.

best
and keep bright mind guys,
it is best protection.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:35 am

Wiesiek, we can only hope that this virus doesn't affect the people in Poland the way other "flu-like" viruses have. You're right that viruses aren't really alive in the sense that they can't reproduce by themselves. They need something alive to help. That could be bats, pigs, chickens, or us human beings.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 am

I don`t know Steve,
we have all the word hype here too, and I suspect , that our shitty government is using it .
US get taste of it,already: due to war with terror.
Do they lose the "special"regulations when danger of new attack is lowering?
NO
more pressing, regulations and control...
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 am

Just wait and see, and you'll find out. Everyone hopes for the best possible outcome. Keep us up to date on what is actually happening in Warsaw.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:23 pm

ok
for today in Poland :
2554 ppl. infected
43 cases of death
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby meeks on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Day 14 of stay at home order... my roommate is starting to get on my nerves.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby RickMatz on Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:23 am

I've got the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie-woogie flu.
RickMatz
Huajing

Postby everything on Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:37 am

RickMatz wrote:I've got the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie-woogie flu.

uh oh, hope you're recovering quickly and fully.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 am

errrr lol
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic