Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:28 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:25 am

Oh, one year old... Didn’t exactly get what was a cover-up, seems like a pretty reasonable time-line. Interesting that most of how China and the US handled the outbreak is pretty fair and strict factual.

...And yet, the whole documentary is nothing but an excuse to talk down on China and saying how bad China does everything. It would be interesting with a similar approach with the US. Nothing about the common badly performed routines in US labs or lab shutdowns. And there are so many things that could be brought up. No, it’s obviously only China that must be portrayed as bad as possible. Propaganda as usual. -shrug-
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:29 am

Irrelevant. Cases are going up, and (unvaccinated) people are the ones getting ill. In NY, five people died last week "from covid." All were unvaccinated. Could be a coincidence.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:04 pm

250 Swedish children have become seriously ill several weeks after they recovered from corona. For Dennis, it was about life.

Published in a Norwegian newspaper. Nothing about this to read in Swedish Media which shows how cowardly and government controlled Swedish newspapers are.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/dennis-_16_-ho ... 1.15567837
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:11 pm

More news on deaths. Turns out 40% had diabetes.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2021/07 ... 626314320/
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Well, meanwhile, 60% of the (600K) deaths didn't have diabetes. But, today in Los Angeles county, the only people with Covid in the hospitals are unvaccinated, and most of the cases are among young people. Of courswe, vaccinated people have caught the virus, they just don't get as ill or die --which is the point of the vaccine.

Anyway, same fwiw advice as one year ago, defend yourself no matter what others say. So, I still wear a mask in supermarkets and stores, etc. So, I don't really worry about covid much at all, even though cases are going up. The unvaccinated are just incubators for new variants. It's unlikely that it'll ever go away.

[Edit]Wow. I did not post the video below about the coverup. Someone must be spoofing. I posted a video with the title "COVID-19 Case Surge in LA Driven by Young People | NBCLA"
Try doing a YouTube search for that title :) I'm not going to remove the coverup video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nud-ypCu3Hw
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:32 am

Another interesting datapoint.

Apparently long term statin use reduces mortality from Covid as well. The thought here is that the reduction in systemic inflammation may be the reason.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 16303.html
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:16 am

Tonight, Monster Jam is coming to a New Jersey arena. It'll be a full capacity event with no social distancing, no need for proof of vaccination, no mask requirement (though they're recommended). Now, I wouldn't go. But, I wouldn't be afraid to go. NJ is at about 78% fully vaccinated, and the rise in cases are among the unvaccinated.

There may be many successful alternatives to vaccination. The pandemic is still here. Sooner or later, everyone gets to be exposed to the virus.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:48 pm

New UK Study: People Who Have Been Vaccinated Make Up 47% of New COVID Cases

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... vid-cases/

interesting :-\

Vaccinations have not been approved by the FDA, issued under Emergency Use Authorization.

Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

Wonder why there are no approved alternatives..
Despite therapeutics in use by other countries and doctors. :-\

What could be the reason for this..

Now, I wouldn't go. But, I wouldn't be afraid to go. NJ is at about 78% fully vaccinated, and the rise in cases are among the unvaccinated.

Yep, the "unvaccinated" just happens to be what the rise is attributed to, could be, maybe... .... :-\

Wonder if the homeless are included in this, no masking, social distancing, or forced vaccinations.

Illegal aliens, crossing the borders, no health history or records don't seem to be a concern.

Are they included ?
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:51 pm

:) Are illegal aliens included? Do you mean the vaccinated ones or the unvaccinated?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:01 pm

Steve James wrote::) Are illegal aliens included?
Do you mean the vaccinated ones or the unvaccinated?

The rise of cases outlined attributed to people that are not vaccinated,
a rationale for promoting forcing vaccinations.
Illegal aliens, by being illegal, are protected by their status from coercive measures used to
force vaccinations on citizens.

By what means would they be subjected to having to be vaccinated or proof of, to enter the country.
Being in the country "illegally".

What happens to them if they refuse the vaccination, are they deported
or denied entry into the US
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:16 pm

Why are you asking me? In LA county, the human beings who are hospitalized with ovid have not been vaccinated. Maybe they've tried to use alternative means to combat or cure the virus.

Hey, you can keep thinking up reasons not to get vaccinated.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Steve James wrote:Why are you asking me? In LA county, the human beings who are hospitalized with ovid have not been vaccinated. Maybe they've tried to use alternative means to combat or cure the virus.

Hey, you can keep thinking up reasons not to get vaccinated.

Hey, you can keep making assumptions about things you know nothing about.

Been vaccinated, helps when traveling overseas
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:47 pm

windwalker wrote:
New UK Study: People Who Have Been Vaccinated Make Up 47% of New COVID Cases

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... vid-cases/

interesting :-\

The cited study is more troubling to me than it is “interesting.” They state that 90% of Brits are at least partially vaccinated, yet there are still significant infections. [Note that this means that only 10% of the population is considered as being unvaccinated, therefore greatly reducing the percentage of the population that the 90% vaccinated population is being compared to when compiling new COVID cases statistics - and meaning that the posted source is giving misleading information.] This means that 90% vaccination rates are still insufficient for “herd immunity!” The USA is unlikely to reach even that level of vaccinations, meaning that COVID will likely be significant in the USA for the foreseeable future. Even states in the USA with relatively high vaccination rates are currently seeing increases in the infection rates, although the most serious cases requiring hospitalization are still among the unvaccinated (>99%?).
LaoDan
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That