Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Bao on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:25 am

Steve James wrote:Are they vaccinating in Sweden? I got mine today. Painless so far. Though, my iPhone is trying to pair with my arm. Wtf. :) Jk.

So far it's going sloooooooooow. Vaccination only possible for hospital employed and people +75 until may or june. My dad (83 yrs old) should have his second shot this week. Most of the population should be vaccinated first in the autumn or winter. The authorities seem do as little as possible and they have no organisation skills whatsoever. This country is a joke really. :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:46 am

Steve James wrote: I got mine today. Painless so far. Though, my iPhone is trying to pair with my arm. Wtf. :) Jk.

My wife got her first vaccine shot a few days ago (healthcare sector, so early access). Seemed to go OK, just a sore arm, a little tired and no other side effects. So far, so good, but then last night I said to her “I love you”, she replied “And I love you” and then came the voice of an older-sounding American guy: “Me too!”

Hmm, should I be worried...? ???
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am

:) Nah. Gates knows how to use the included mute function.

I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, so there's only one shot. It's supposedly over 95% effective in eliminating hospitalization and death. Anyway, I can just stay at home. Right now, 12% of New Yorkers have received at least on shot. Today, everyone over 60 is eligible. Next week, all the 24/7 centers will be open to anyone.

The result is that restaurants will be allowed 75% capacity. High schools are going to reopen. But, masks will still be required on public transport and in stores. There's no shortage of demand for the vaccine, either, and it's just in time for the warm weather, too.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:47 am

https://www.thelocal.se/20210311/stockh ... face-mask/

Stockholm school sends pupil home for wearing face mask

UPDATED: A mother has told The Local her 13-year-old son was banned from attending classes at an international school in the Stockholm region until he agreed to remove the mask he was wearing. She is now complaining to the local municipality.
Linus decided to wear a face mask when he returned to classes at the British International School Stockholm (BISS) in Danderyd, outside Stockholm, on Monday. The school teaches around 550 children aged 3-17, according to its website.

“I decided to wear a mask to school. The first lesson [goes] fine with it on. But then in the beginning of lesson two, the teacher asks me to take my mask off, and I of course say that I didn’t want to because of the coronavirus,” he wrote in an email, forwarded to The Local.

Linus said he was then made to wait isolated in a room for three hours before his mother, Sarah Jefford, a wine educator who grew up in Switzerland, was able to pick him up.

“I was fuming,” she said. “I am deeply shocked by these measures and find it unacceptable. It should be a matter of choice. I don’t think one should be prevented from wearing a mask.”
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 am

Brief film report (4.5 minutes) about a young English guy with Long Covid. Important to remember (again) that Covid-19 is not only about whether you die or not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-56571663
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Active covid virus was found in over 100 cases of patients after vaccination (double doses ) - yesterday info from US.
I`m kinda lost,
Is it mean, that vaccine allows you to live "healthy" with the virus ?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 pm

They say the emergency use only authorized injection will reduce mild symptoms. Not severe symptoms leading to hospitalization. Not deaths.

You can still get infected and have symptoms again. You can become infectious and infect others. You can still die from covid. All of which has happened.

Still have to wear 17 masks. Still have to be afraid of other people exhaling within --checks notes-- 3 Fauci units* of distance.

Pfizer CEO says you're gonna need a third shot as well. Call it a booster. Whatever. That will allow all of these amazing "benefits" to continue for another year perhaps.

So now you're ready for the real answer. The only reason to get the shot is in order to be allowed to do things that you used to be able to do before covid. For now, that means travel, or be rescued from a volcano as those who weren't vaccinated in the Caribbean were not allowed onboard rescue ships. In the near future, other things will be restricted to those who haven't taken the shot, and soon there will be a vaccine passport even more stringent than what China has been doing since Jan. 2020.

That's why you take the injection, for social control reasons, not medical reasons.

* one Fauci unit is defined as how far he can throw a baseball at sea level while wearing 2 masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVB9IbSmxY
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Michael wrote:They say the emergency use only authorized injection will reduce mild symptoms. Not severe symptoms leading to hospitalization. Not deaths.

You can still get infected and have symptoms again. You can become infectious and infect others. You can still die from covid. All of which has happened.

Still have to wear 17 masks. Still have to be afraid of other people exhaling within --checks notes-- 3 Fauci units* of distance.

Pfizer CEO says you're gonna need a third shot as well. Call it a booster. Whatever. That will allow all of these amazing "benefits" to continue for another year perhaps.

So now you're ready for the real answer. The only reason to get the shot is in order to be allowed to do things that you used to be able to do before covid. For now, that means travel, or be rescued from a volcano as those who weren't vaccinated in the Caribbean were not allowed onboard rescue ships. In the near future, other things will be restricted to those who haven't taken the shot, and soon there will be a vaccine passport even more stringent than what China has been doing since Jan. 2020.

That's why you take the injection, for social control reasons, not medical reasons.

* one Fauci unit is defined as how far he can throw a baseball at sea level while wearing 2 masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVB9IbSmxY

This is such a bizarrely misinformed post. I have to wonder if you are just trolling. You have been completely wrong about everything COVID related since this shit started. And you aren't getting any better. Get your head out of your ass and stop spreading misinformation. God knows there are people on here who might listen to you and end up dying.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Wow, Michael, do you think there's really been 50k deaths in Texas?

Anyway, maybe the vaccine won't do you any good except allow everyone to worry less about going to a restaurant. I hear that in China vaccination gives one social privileges.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Steve, I was answering weisek's question.

Of course 50K people have not died from covid in Texas, nor in the entirety of the USA. The CDC says so, but somehow we all claim to be reading the same statistics and coming to different conclusions even with basic math. We've discussed it already, and I'm cool talking about it as long as we're all having a good time.
Michael

Postby roger hao on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:31 pm

You would have to be suffering from sensory deprivation to not see
or hear the buzz about ivermectin.
Ivermectin supporters are claiming greed as the reason for suppression.
Bill needs that next billion - right?
Who needs a 90 day vaccine if there is a good cheap therapy?
roger hao

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Good point. With several effective and safe therapies available, and not a single instance since this started of hospital beds being unavailable, who needs a jab that has its own risks? Not even sure if there are reliably identifiable high-risk groups. Maybe elderly. Maybe immuno-compromised, but the jab doesn't claim to help them much except to alleviate mild symptoms.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby meeks on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 pm

Just found out the other day that 2 of my high school friends died last year from covid. both were in the late 40s. each were dead within a week. that makes 3 high school friends now.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Sorry to hear that, Dave.

One of mine who's a doctor almost died, but finally recovered. We had barely kept in contact as FB friends, but I wouldn't want to see him go at this age.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That