Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Isn’t WP one of the most anti Trump papers in the US ? “reporting” the super silly conspiracy theory that Trump with Putin conspires against the Democrats?
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Elon Musk tested corona positive and negative twice respectively on the same day...He feel something bogus going on he says
https://www.dailywire.com/news/elon-mus ... k-positive
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:18 am

Trick wrote:Isn’t WP one of the most anti Trump papers in the US ? “reporting” the super silly conspiracy theory that Trump with Putin conspires against the Democrats?

Well, you should find out for yourself. Can you? Is it reported anywhere else?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:31 am

Trick wrote:Isn’t WP one of the most anti Trump papers in the US ? “reporting” the super silly conspiracy theory that Trump with Putin conspires against the Democrats?

Yeah, super silly. It's not like Trump asked Russia to help him win the election on national television or anything. Oh, wait.

文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 am

Aw, Ian, you think that's crazy. He just announced yesterday that there'll be vaccines ready for the entire country by the end of the year --except he specifically won't deliver it to New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpiu72r7tnY

Cuomo's response;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcA4VNxz1gQ
Last edited by Steve James on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:55 am

Yowzah! We watched last night but I missed that. I think I was just thankful he only briefly mentioned his refusal to transition. Anyway, end of the year? That would be nice, but I ain't holding my breath.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:23 pm

An interesting article on respiratory failure involving Covid-19.

Apparently cytokine storm is not a primary cause.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11- ... okine.html
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Peacedog wrote:An interesting article on respiratory failure involving Covid-19.

Apparently cytokine storm is not a primary cause.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11- ... okine.html

Yes, that's very interesting. As the article says at the end: if not cytokine storm, then what? I'll make a totally unsubstantiated and amateurish suggestion. It's already known that the virus can attack the nervous system itself, causing inflammation and dysfunction in the nerves themselves. This can manifest in the brain and all over the body. It can also increase coagulation to exceptional and dangerous levels, triggering intervascular thrombosis among other things. In other words, blocking larger or, especially, smaller/tiny blood vessels and their transport connections to the fascia which actually surround and nourish organs. If the virus manages to propagate strongly in the lungs (i.e. in the airways themselves, right down to the alveoli) then maybe from there it's screwing up the nerves innervating the lung tissues and/or the tissues themselves, clogging up capillary blood flow or attacking the tissues (coagulating stuff that should be more fluid) in other ways.
Question mark, exclamation mark, I have no idea, just shooting from the hip. Anyway, I think I'll keep observing the basic hygiene/protection measures for the time being...

https://www.technologynetworks.com/neuroscience/articles/what-does-covid-19-infection-do-to-the-nervous-system-341182
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867420310709
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:03 pm

roger hao wrote:OBEY - SUBMIT. I already spoke up about exosomes and the fact that the coronavirus was never actually isolated....

Just found this posting. And for the record, Roger, the coronavirus i.e. SARS-CoV-2 was clearly identified with its own specific genome, and subsequently analyzed and confirmed many times by independent laboratories/experts, back at the start of the year, before the pandemic even hit the West. In February I actually translated an interview with two Dutch experts working at a university who had themselves analyzed the virus genome. So I really don't know what you mean or are referring to when you say it "was never actually isolated".

You can refer to this if you like: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/grows-virus-cell-culture.html
Giles
Wuji

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby bailewen on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 am

Remember this adorable meme from back in March when COVID had only killed 11.4k?
So cute.

Death toll topped 1.3 Million this week. Back then Windbag was trying to show how harmless it was:
Maybe you mean in your life time...went through the "swine " flu,,opps I mean H1N1 back in the 70s,as an army medic..
in 2009 "Between the spring of 2009 and the spring of 2010, the virus infected as many as 1.4 billion people across the globe and killed between 151,700 and 575,400 people, "

...ooooh..."151,700 and 575,400 people"? You don't say. Of course COVID has killed about 240,000 just in the US alone and we are well on track to beat that 575k by springtime. Worldwide, COVIDs 1.3 million has already almost doubled the highest estimates for H1N1.

Back then (page 3 of this thread) I said:
Conformed cases, and the fatality rate, have been growing exponentially, and also in extremely close correlation with most mainstream predictions. Personally, my most conservative guess is that we will see 200,000 to 250,000 cases and at least twice as many fatalities as China even though our population is only about 1/3 of theirs and we had three times as much time to prepare.

200-250k.
Today we are at 245k. Well, I did say it was "my most conservative guess".

Remember back when people were making fun of Johns Hopkins for that "hysterical" model predicting 200k deaths by October?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... s-october/

Well, we blasted past that prediction.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:23 am

bailewen wrote:Of course COVID has killed about 240,000 just in the US alone and we are well on track to beat that 575k by springtime. Worldwide, COVIDs 1.3 million has already almost doubled the highest estimates for H1N1.

This figure is all the more "impressive" (unfortunately) when one considers that COVID has done this in less than 1 year WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY worldwide pandemic suppression measures have been implemented on a scale never before known. ...although these measures are not of course always observed... :-\
And this also with the support of modern intensive care facilities which, so far, have not been overwhelmed on a large scale. Although that could still happen. So considering these additional factors, it's clear that this virus is a heavy hitter, despite all the many asymptomatic and mild cases.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 am

Some potentially good news on the treatment front.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chers.html
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Explains everything.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Reminds me of NY 8 months ago. At the time, Texas had about 1,000 cases.

In an unassuming carpark in El Paso, a refrigerated truck sits idly by the medical examiners office.

It'd be an otherwise innocuous sight, if it weren't for one minor detail: there are dead bodies in the back.

Amid a surge in active cases of coronavirus and a mounting backlog of victims, health authorities in the border city have been forced to double their supply of mobile morgues.

Though harrowing, it is a quandary facing swathes of Texas, where the virus has continued to spread largely unabated.

Some eight months after recording its first confirmed case of COVID-19, the Lone Star State this week became the first jurisdiction to hit one million cases — a symptom of a broader resurgence of the virus across the United States.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:21 am

Giles wrote:
bailewen wrote:Of course COVID has killed about 240,000 just in the US alone and we are well on track to beat that 575k by springtime. Worldwide, COVIDs 1.3 million has already almost doubled the highest estimates for H1N1.

This figure is all the more "impressive" (unfortunately) when one considers that COVID has done this in less than 1 year WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY worldwide pandemic suppression measures have been implemented on a scale never before known. ...although these measures are not of course always observed... :-\
And this also with the support of modern intensive care facilities which, so far, have not been overwhelmed on a large scale. Although that could still happen. So considering these additional factors, it's clear that this virus is a heavy hitter, despite all the many asymptomatic and mild cases.

Thought of all that but felt my post was long enough already.

Mainly just wanted to take a trip down memory lane.

Back then I was busy being driven insane by the dumb drone of "well it's too early to tell" and "we just can't predict this. not enough data yet..."

Funny how actually incredibly totally super predictable this has all been. My special favorite is how those Johns Hopkins studies were being mocked for overly hysterical predictions which, you know, totally came true.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That