Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby windwalker on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Countries that have overtaken Sweden, meanwhile—such as Peru and Brazil—have continued to post steady numbers of high deaths. The U.S. has also overtaken Sweden since the summer, though both have still fallen in their respective rankings since then.

The Nordic country has received sustained criticism for its handling of the pandemic, with public health officials worldwide arguing that leaders there failed to take aggressive measures to keep the virus from spreading and killing Swedish citizens.

Sweden's government, meanwhile, has countered that
it largely followed what was before 2020 widely understood to be an appropriate response to a virus like COVID-19.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... tries-move
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 pm

HERes follow up on Sturgis

https://apple.news/AAneOHoABTyOMQQzRnwC01g

Oh well. Stupid gonna stupid

Doesn’t matter what we say.

Maybe this Covidiot can help others not be idiots
Last edited by everything on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 am

everything wrote:HERes follow up on Sturgis

Are these people stupid.

The District of Columbia is in Phase Two of reopening from a coronavirus lockdown that still includes strict crowd restrictions and mask mandates. But social media posts for Saturday’s Women’s March show thousands of people in close proximity.
. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ens-march/

They never seem to catch the virus, rules aren’t enforced.

Why is that?
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Because it's BS.

Here is the math as Everything posted -

600000 attended
1 death ( probably eaten by wolves but tested POS for Covid
That is .0002% death rate

330 infected
That is 0.05% - way smaller than national average during same
period.
roger hao

Postby everything on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

they said they weren't able to get reliable numbers, so doesn't seem like you could make these kinds of conclusions (i mean you can do back of envelope math, but the inputs likely aren't correct, so "garbage in, garbage out" is what the data people say).
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:48 am

. Because it's BS
Some months ago or was it just weeks? An Russian guy claimed putin poisoned him with some super deadly Russian biological warfare germ called Novotjock something.
The guy flew to Germany got treatment and is up and around......Let’s hope he don’t catch Covid being too free now in the free world......
Cause there you got to be strong as for example -
The Swedish superstar footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic who was diagnosed with Covid a week or was it two weeks ago ? Got quarantined, but got well quick so three days or was it two days ago he was out again playing the game in his usual form scoring two(this im pretty sure of)goals.....
Similar to to how Donald was in and out of it.....Strong guys...

Are there any pics of B.Gates in face mask ? Or is he hiding out in his super BUNKers.........
Trick

Postby roger hao on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:56 am

Everything - C'mon Man.

You posted on those numbers made the conclusion that some
person was stupid and then called him or them covidiots.

Please explain your double standard.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 am

The Swedish superstar footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic who was diagnosed with Covid a week or was it two weeks ago ?

Similar to to how Donald was in and out of it.....Strong guys...

Are there any pics of B.Gates in face mask ? Or is he hiding out in his super BUNKers.........

Well, it'd be internet easy to find an athlete whose died from covid, but it wouldn't prove a point. Everybody knows that covid doesn't kill everyone. Just as Xi told "the Donald" in February, though, it's deadly for some people --like this guy https://news.sky.com/story/influencer-d ... e-12107174

Comparing Zlatan with the Donald is ... funny. I mean really funny. Though, it's like the heroic images of Donald wearing a Superman costume, or in a Roman General's outfit driving a chariot, or riding a Harley: i.e., fake as his hair or skin color. Anyway, one thing they both may have in common is that they had a mild case of the disease after they tested positive for the virus. Otoh, the Donald's recovery might be linked to steroids. Fine, he got a mild case, got the absolute best care, and recovered.

Chris Christie, the Donald's debate prepper who also caught the virus says now that it was a mistake not to wear a mask, though he has also recovered. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54575279

Strong guys ... right. Mask wearers are weenies.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 am

Aw, re: Sturgis. The town has a population of less than 10K, and there's only one hospital. The half million visitors to the rally went back home and got sick there. I doubt there was any contact tracing to determine the effect. Otoh, I agree that one can't come to a conclusion that the Sturgis rally had any effect at all on covid rates anywhere.

Iow, I don't think it's reasonable to say "See, look how (good or bad) the rally was, and it proves my point" when it comes to covid.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:50 am

right. Mask wearers are weenies.
ah, thats why B. Gates never wear such
Trick

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:05 am

That's the thing. I don't wear a mask because some politician or rich guy does. I wear one because of the people I come in contact with in my community. I care about them and hope they care about me.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am

roger hao wrote:Everything - C'mon Man.

You posted on those numbers made the conclusion that some
person was stupid and then called him or them covidiots.

Please explain your double standard.

Wut? Read the story. The guy explains how he was a covidiot, why, and how he regrets it. That's his story. I'm saying I hope, since some of us who are trying to explain the logic, numbers, science, risks, etc. (including this guy's wife) aren't heard by these folks, that maybe a guy who was a covidiot can convince other covidiots. Maybe that makes it more clear? Not sure why you think I have a double standard. I'm not quoting numbers out of context in posting this comment or link. I'm not google searching for straws of numbers to form some kind of weird cherry picked narrative.

Look I'm not saying you guys are idiots, but it's not very clear at times on the internet if people can follow data or logic or what.
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am

everything wrote:HERes follow up on Sturgis

Here's my un-edited post. I don't see anywhere where I'm trying to tell you guys bad numbers or bad logic based on bad numbers. I'm probably the first member on here who will say disclaimers about the numbers. We already went over count issues a lot in this and the other threads. Again, not saying some of you guys are idiots, and maybe you just want to argue your points, so throw up some numbers (Which isn't a terrible tactic), but I'm sincerely hoping people aren't making bad conclusions, which it seems people are. But my main point is still that culturally we're "rebellious" and "don't tell me what I can or cannot do" and that's the real root problem. No way we can make everyone good at math. 4/3 people are bad at math.
everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:18 am

First off - it's his girl friend.

Second - since you agree there is no relation to facts in the article.
I am confused why you posted it.
He went to a rally? Already there has been counter point that others
attending a rally else where did not get infected.

He didn't wear a mask? Please point out where it is proven in the article
that his infection was a result of not wearing a mask.

Third - the only logic I can apply to your post is that EVERYONE who
catches Covid is a Covidiot - is that correct?
Your use of covidiot - from what I can read in your posts - is everyone
that does not agree with your opinion of Covid rules. Is that correct?
So covidiot is a term widely used to describe anyone who does not agree with
you.
roger hao

Postby everything on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am

lol, no, i don't think everyone but me is an idiot or covidiot. but i do think there are some issues of stupidity happening.

do you not agree with that?
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That