Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:59 am

Steve James wrote:
The 10k NYC policemen calling out of work for Covid are most certainly not all sick.

And, if they do get sick, they shouldn't come to a NY hospital and have some immigrant clean their bedpans. Yep, we're all in this together. Now we know.

Yep, people will either turn to or turn against each other in a crisis.

no non-immigrant recently arrived US citizens doing the same jobs,
is this what you’re saying?
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:30 am

My post was about concern for people, especially American people, and how to defend them on land, at sea, or in the air. Either we are in it together or we ain't. Now, I'm well aware that some are not in it for others, but that's always been true.

The captain of the Roosevelt wasn't in it for himself. He was willing to sacrifice his career for the sake of his men. You can say he was wrong. His men appreciated it. I bet they'd go to war for him anytime. The captain of the Roosevelt "failed" because of poor judgment but didn't lose a single crewman.

Anyway, what the prez does is irrelevant. He's more interested in poll numbers and tv ratings. He mentions them every day. Whatever he thinks is more popular, he will do. He'll use his gut.

Fwiw, the Comfort's capacity of 1,000 is reduced to <500 to provide isolation. Whether or not it is used is a matter of when NYC hits its peak number of patients.

But, hey, 98% of everyone who gets the virus survives. And, it only affects the obese, people with compromised immune and respiratory systems, diabetes, and other illnesses, Remember? Nah, now it's like ebola, and the big strong men don't want to take the risk of catching it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:39 am

No, my mom was a registered nurse for 25 years. My point wa that the hospitals were full of immigrant health care workers. No, not undocumented immigrants. You can't find a hospital here without them. It's hard to find a non-immigrant taxi driver.

Btw, wherever you are, if you're in the states, a lot of your food goes through migrant farm worker hands. The borders are closed, and there's going to be high unemployment. Those fruits and veggies will need picking. If they aren't, there'll be food shortages. Or, food prices will go up like toilet paper prices.

Nobody's going back to hotels unless there are immigrants to change the sheets. Nope, I'm not saying there aren't citizens doing it. Once the outbreak subsides, unemployment can be zero.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am

My post was about concern for people, especially American people, and how to defend them on land, at sea, or in the air. Either we are in it together or we ain't. Now, I'm well aware that some are not in it for others, but that's always been true.

Don’t know what you’re aware of Or not .
it was something I was part of and doing for 20 years
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 am

The virus is immune to your experience or opinion.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am

Steve James wrote:The virus is immune to your experience or opinion.

Likewise

you do like to tell Others this ,
you seem to have a hard time remembering it
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:17 am

Anyway, turns out that the sailor on the Comfort caught the virus before the ship got to NY. He's in isolation onboard, now. Good thing it was caught early. ;)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Currently 23% of Emergency Medical Services workers (people sent went you call 911 in a medical emergency) are tested positive for covid-19 in some areas, particularly NY.

NY is hitting their apex patient load
Last edited by meeks on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Michael

Postby everything on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

hmmmmmm
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 pm

John Prine, RIP from corona. May his memory be eternal. His music is certainly beloved by many.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Body in Wuhan being moved secretly at night, according to video title.

Somewhere in #Wuhan, people moving body secretly as "zero new cases" has become a political task, and communities dare not break the "zero new cases" record, so they arrange to have the body moved at midnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vs0Kmn9d2Q
Last edited by Michael on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Bao on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:27 pm

”Zero New cases” in Wuhan?

That’s ridiculous. Which makes the claim on the video ridiculous as they try to hide nothing. China reports new cases every day, officially, and mostly from Wuhan. They have never said it’s completely gone. There are local new cases in Wuhan, the rest of China it’s mostly cases from people coming from outside.
Last edited by Bao on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 pm

WSJ said Wuhan reported zero new cases today for the first time since Jan
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 am

Bao wrote:”Zero New cases” in Wuhan?

That’s ridiculous. Which makes the claim on the video ridiculous as they try to hide nothing. China reports new cases every day, officially, and mostly from Wuhan. They have never said it’s completely gone. There are local new cases in Wuhan, the rest of China it’s mostly cases from people coming from outside.

Some day a go I read on SVT’s webpage about that Swedish hockey coach living in Wuhan, who now after 75 days in isolation can freely go about anywhere in Wuhan, he’s very happy to finally being able to have a good cup of coffee at the reopened cafés, any day soon I’m will find myself at my local Starbucks too......A couple of days ag I spoke with a friend up in Dalian(a Singaporean) who said the situation up there is as usual good, however he heard of two Americans(USA) ariived to Dalian two weeks ago both carried the virus but where quarantined inline with the new quarantine measures for foreigners arriving to China in these times....My friend came back from Singapore to Dalian about three week ago, and where instructed for two weeks home quarantine since he’s 70 years old and not a virus carrier....Now he’s back in business as usually with his daily café visits chatting with friends
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That