Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 am

Okay, so like, "I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'?"
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:45 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Okay, so like, "I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'?"

just saying
there is a lot of stuff people need to ignore, overlook, or not know about
to wholeheartedly embrace how this conclusion of "extremely unlikely" has been obtained

the conclusion could be right
i mean - the conclusion is not worded very definitively
so it is actually hard to find massive fault with it...
its basically a "probably not"
but being sold as a definitive statement of fact (or that is the implication on how it is supposed to be treated..)
but that's a whole other issue with this whole mess of whatever it is that's happening...

edit:
also it seems some people would disagree with your assessment on how Occam's razor applies to this instance:
https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/newsroom/ ... 1/pm8.html

link to the study (105pages):
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... s-Pandemie
Last edited by Franklin on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:44 am

Since it’s still the crazy Covid thread, I’ll dare to share..this -

The hint of an forthcoming pandemic and also the cure for it has been there open for us all to see- The Fish market.

The fish market was the warning and the answer and not the evil ground zero of the virus. Of course the universe gives us signs in the most mysterious ways which are of course even more mysterious and unreadable/undetectable in our modern day of life, in the case of the fish market it was meant to lead us to the - Amabie
The story of Amabie :
https://moa.ubc.ca/2020/04/amabie-a-jap ... -pandemic/

So do as in Japan take a good look at an pic of the mermaid and be well........
However the Starbucks siren might not do, she’s probably more of an Lilith type.
Trick

Postby Bao on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:14 am

Trick wrote:However the Starbucks siren might not do, she’s probably more of an Lilith type.

A double tailed mermaid spreading wide open... Would never trust something like that. Earlier versions of the logo might be the weirdest logo ever maid. (Bad pun intended.)

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:21 am

Almost one year to the day.

"[Donald Trump] will always put American first, he will always protect Americans and citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here. We will not see terrorism come here, and isn't that refreshing, when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?" she said during a February 25, 2020 interview with Fox News.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:57 am

Who was “she” ? The maid ?
Last edited by Trick on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:07 am

Trick wrote:Who was “she” ? The maid ?

Oopsala, close, it was Kayleigh Mcenany, his press secretary.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Sweden has crazy Covid deniers as well...

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... m-76297694

“STOCKHOLM -- Swedish police on Saturday dispersed hundreds of people who had gathered in central Stockholm to protest coronavirus restrictions set by the Swedish government.

Swedish authorities said the demonstration — the first major protest against the country's coronavirus restrictions — was illegal as it was held without permission.

Stockholm police said on their website they decided to cut short the gathering just after it started when the number of participants exceeded the limits for public gatherings under Sweden’s pandemic laws.

Video footage on Swedish media showed a sizable number without masks gathering in Medborgarplatsen square not far from the capital's Old Town. Local media estimated 300 to 500 people attended.

Swedish tabloids Aftonbladet and Expressen reported that the demonstration was dispersed largely peacefully but six police officers were injured after scuffles broke out with some protesters who didn't want to leave.

Aftonbladet said the rally was organised by a group named Freedom Sweden, which it said believes that COVID-19 rules restrict human freedom.

“There are so many people in Sweden who have had enough of these restrictions, which are really unfounded, and want to put their foot down and show that we don't agree to it anymore,” Filip Sjostrom, an organizer from Freedom Sweden, told Expressen.

According to Expressen, the protesters included far-right activists, people against vaccines and some families with children.

In the beginning of the pandemic, Sweden, unlike most other European countries, opted to keep its society largely open with few restrictions but the government has taken a substantially harder stance in the past few months.

Sweden has seen over 13,000 deaths in the pandemic, while its Nordic neighbors Denmark, Norway and Finland, who chose to impose coronavirus restrictions much earlier, have a combined COVID-19 death toll of 3,777.“
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:10 am

On a pic at the state media front page the Stockholm police chief is in public space making a statement on the situation - without wearing an facemask
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 am

If the media say it was mixed gathering it probably was so, but the claimed ‘far right wingers’ seem to be too far away to be seen on the media pics, it actually looks as an somewhat leftish gathering, and the organizer looks as an left leaning hipster...
Last edited by Trick on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Bao on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 am

Trick wrote:If the media say it was mixed gathering it probably was so, but the claimed ‘far right wingers’ seem to be too far away to be seen on the media pics, it actually looks as an somewhat leftish gathering, and the organizer looks as an left leaning hipster...

Leftists, hippies and far right wingers, every kind of conspiracy theorist gathered in the same place.

The cases are already going up in the Stockholm area. We’ll probably see a hell lot of more cases in a couple of weeks.

... And they are already planning a second march in two weeks... >:(
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:17 am

it actually looks as an somewhat leftish gathering, and the organizer looks as an left leaning hipster...

Probably, but actually somewhat.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:20 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:If the media say it was mixed gathering it probably was so, but the claimed ‘far right wingers’ seem to be too far away to be seen on the media pics, it actually looks as an somewhat leftish gathering, and the organizer looks as an left leaning hipster...

We’ll probably see a hell lot of more cases in a couple of weeks.

... And they are already planning a second march in two weeks... >:(

So there might be no second march then...or perhaps they might have strong immune system and can keep marching
Trick

Postby Bao on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:15 am

I don't believe that they all, every single one of them, will all end up in Hospital just because they made a demonstration. I think that you understand that this is highly unlikely. But I saw a couple of older men, probably +60 yrs old in the crowd. Well, I guess it will be interesting to see how many people in Stockholm will need intensive care in the following weeks. -shrug-
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:10 am

Are they vaccinating in Sweden? I got mine today. Painless so far. Though, my iPhone is trying to pair with my arm. Wtf. :) Jk.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That