Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Peacedog on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:27 am

It's a disease that has a minimum 99.65% survival rate across the general population that may be as low as 99.83%.

I'm fairly certain things will work out for the majority of people here.
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2048
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:19 am

Peacedog wrote:It's a disease that has a minimum 99.65% survival rate across the general population that may be as low as 99.83%.

I'm fairly certain things will work out for the majority of people here.


Platitudes.

The worst wars, famines, and pandemics "worked out" for the majority of people. It doesn't mean that these events were not catastrophic, especially when preventable.

Even if it was only the death count, the deaths--worldwide and domestically--are outsized.

But, "things" are not limited to immediate deaths. There are the lingering health effects, of which we are still learning. There is the economy, with many small businesses and livelihoods destroyed. And, it's clearly far from over.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm

If 99% of people didn't get sick, the state would be relevant. We wouldn't have any problem.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:39 pm

Steve James wrote:If 99% of people didn't get sick, the state would be relevant. We wouldn't have any problem.


I certainly agree that the state has a role to play: a central and crucial role.

We have hit just about 1% of the US population in terms of testing positive, although that's not the same as "sick."

Unfortunately, we don't know how many have been hospitalized because the Trump administration has ordered hospitals to stop reporting to the CDC and these figures are no longer transparent.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... istration/

As for not having any problem, that would require a lot of things that aren't going to happen. Senate control, for one thing. McConnel will continue to do what he does and obstruct everything as Americans die and suffer. Biden will be hamstrung, but, that's politics and what you (not "you") get for running a weak candidate with a weaker platform. Again, I agree that if we had a semi-functional government the state could handle it. It should have already.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Oops, I meant to suggest that the stat (statistic) of 99.6% of people who contracted the virus didn't get sick, "then" that percentage would be relevant. What's relevant is the overall effect of many people being hospitalized or out of action. Sorry, about the typo.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Well, it seems that Italy is again having a big problem. "Italy's hospitals face breaking point as country surpasses 1 million COVID-19 cases."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-13/naples-hospitals-face-breaking-point-as-italy-passes-1-million/12880276?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf239935724&utm_campaign=fb_abc_news&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf239935724=1&fbclid=IwAR3gFxGkijDowranowKqPf7TvMRvGAkCJwRp0Fe3QkKQpIqPxBpInRpulus

Doctors say while Italy added thousands more intensive care beds capacity during the pandemic, there aren't enough anaesthesiologists and other ICU specialists to care for more than 5,000 patients at once.

Ambulances parked for hours outside hospitals in the Naples area and elsewhere in Italy because emergency rooms don't have space for the patients.

In Naples, angry family members accused health care workers of not providing adequate care after a video emerged of a man lying dead on the bathroom floor of an emergency room.


The pattern last time was Italy, Spain, France, the UK, and the US (specifically NY). So, wither we do the same thing as before, sooner, or we do something different. There's no reason to believe that the pattern will be much different if nothing changes.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:40 pm

Steve James wrote:Oops, I meant to suggest that the stat (statistic) of 99.6% of people who contracted the virus didn't get sick, "then" that percentage would be relevant. What's relevant is the overall effect of many people being hospitalized or out of action. Sorry, about the typo.


All good.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:11 am

Due to the virus threat world governments take measures to different degrees of population control such as restriction of movement and forced protection measures such as wearing face masks in certain environments/facilities...
However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?
Such a sterilization program may have been tried out before as doctors found out in Africa....

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-ster ... ne/5431664
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:46 am

Trick wrote:Due to the virus threat world governments take measures to different degrees of population control such as restriction of movement and forced protection measures such as wearing face masks in certain environments/facilities...
However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?
Such a sterilization program may have been tried out before as doctors found out in Africa....

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-ster ... ne/5431664


Oh, it's like Canadian InfoWars. Of course it is. ::)

And such wide-ranging conspiracies, too. From Bin Laden to Covid. This guy must really know his stuff.

Michel Chossudovsky (born 1946) is a Canadian economist, author and conspiracy theorist.[1][2] He is professor emeritus of economics at the University of Ottawa[3][4] and the president and director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), which runs the website globalresearch.ca and publishes conspiracy theories.[5][6][7][8] The CRG was founded in 2001.[9] Chossudovsky has promoted conspiracy theories about 9/11.[10][11][14][15]

In 2017, the Centre for Research on Globalization was accused by information warfare specialists at NATO’s Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence (STRATCOM) of playing a key role in the spread of pro-Russian propaganda.[6] A report by the U.S. State Department in August 2020 accused the website of being a proxy for the Russian disinformation campaign.[16]
Centre for Research on Globalization
"Globalresearch.ca" redirects here. It is not to be confused with Global News or GlobalSecurity.org.

In 2001, Chossudovsky founded the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), becoming its director and the editor of its online resource, Global Research. Located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, the CRG describes itself as an "independent research and media organization" providing "analysis on issues which are barely covered by the mainstream media".[9][22]

The Centre for Research on Globalization promotes conspiracy theories and falsehoods.[28] It has reported that the September 11 attacks were a false flag attack planned by the CIA,[2] that the United States and its allies fund al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, and that sarin gas was not used in the Khan Shaykhun chemical attack, which globalresearch.ca articles characterized as a false flag operation orchestrated by terrorists opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.[6][23] Other articles published on the site have asserted that the 7 July 2005 London bombings were perpetrated by the United States, Israel, and United Kingdom.[14] Chossudovsky has himself posted articles on the site which suggested that Osama bin Laden was a CIA asset, and accusing the United States, Israel and Britain of plotting to conquer the world.[14] The Centre has also promoted the Irish slavery myth, prompting a letter by more than 80 scholars debunking the myth.[27]

According to PolitiFact, the Centre "has advanced specious conspiracy theories on topics like 9/11, vaccines and global warming."[8] Foreign Policy magazine has commented that the Centre "sells books and videos that 'expose' how the September 11 terrorist attacks were 'most likely a special covert action' to 'further the goals of corporate globalization.'"[24] A 2010 study categorized the website as a source of anti-vaccine misinformation.[25] The Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab described it as "pro-Putin and anti-NATO".[29] The Jewish Tribune, citing a complaint from B'nai Brith Canada, describing the website as being "rife with anti-Jewish conspiracy theory and Holocaust denial."[30] Writing for The New Republic in 2013, Muhammad Idrees Ahmad, lecturer in digital journalism at the University of Stirling, describes the Centre's website as a "conspiracy site".[26]
The CRG has been accused of spreading Chinese propaganda.[31][32] An article on Global Research making the false assertion that the Coronavirus pandemic was not real was carried by 70 other outlets, according to the August 2020 State department report.[16] Chossudovsky himself has described it as being a "manufactured pandemic".[9] Earlier in 2020, his list of 10 questions was tweeted by the foreign minister of Iran. They included the claim that the United States government was responsible for the international coronavirus pandemic.[33] Global Research published an article entitled "COVID-19: Further Evidence that the Virus Originated in the US" was posted on social media by a senior official in the Chinese foreign ministry.[32][34][35] Chinese state media have reported such unfounded speculation which has been carried by Chossudovsky's website with, according to The Globe and Mail, misattributed sources.[35] Reportedly, the two articles on this theme have since been removed from the globalresearch.ca website.[36]
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Giles on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:43 am

Hi Trick,

Since you formulated a question here, I'll respond to it in the same mode...

Trick wrote:However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?


---> No.
Last edited by Giles on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:52 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Trick wrote:Due to the virus threat world governments take measures to different degrees of population control such as restriction of movement and forced protection measures such as wearing face masks in certain environments/facilities...
However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?
Such a sterilization program may have been tried out before as doctors found out in Africa....

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-ster ... ne/5431664


Oh, it's like Canadian InfoWars. Of course it is. ::)

And such wide-ranging conspiracies, too. From Bin Laden to Covid. This guy must really know his stuff.

But some very influential personas seem to advocate population control, including vaccine guru B.Gates. Of course it could just be speculations but could they have put their great minds together and have come up with a plan ? Are these facts or just fake info ? I don’t know but interesting info ifntrue(infowar I don’t know what it is)

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2019 ... he-planet/

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... n-control/
Last edited by Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:55 am

Giles wrote:Hi Trick,

Since you formulated a question here, I'll respond to it in the same mode...

Trick wrote:However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?


---> No.

I’m sure you not sure about that but want to believe you’re sure
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Giles on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:08 am

Trick wrote:
Giles wrote:Hi Trick,

Since you formulated a question here, I'll respond to it in the same mode...

Trick wrote:However with the forthcoming vaccine and it’s vaccination program is there hiding another population control agenda, is there an mass sterilization agenda hidden ?


---> No.

I’m sure you not sure about that but want to believe you’re sure


I know that you are you, and that's OK... ;)
So I'm not going to get too committed on this issue here. As regards 'know for sure', well, what do we really know for sure? Did people really land on the moon? Personally I'm not too sure that Madagascar exists. I've never been there and the representation in the cartoon films looks pretty unbelievable to me, kind of 'off', if you know what I mean... ;)

But some time back on this thread I did actually post a couple of links to solid fact-checker websites about precisely this issue - B. Gates, vaccinations, "population control" etc. ..... That was specially for you :)

Anyway, I wish you good training.
Last edited by Giles on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 am

Giles wrote:Anyway, I wish you good training.
. As regards 'know for sure', well, what do we really know for sure?
. But some time back on this thread I did actually post a couple of links to solid fact
. A plain No answer is not the right answer if ones mind at same time think “I don’t know”. But an strong No to such a question I brought up might feel comforting especially in times of Covid anxiety suffering...
As you say we can’t really be sure, even about the facts you produce....

It’s 9; 25PM here and I’m about to do my night practice of two rounds of Taiji form which round of my day...wish you a good training too
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 am

Infector in Chief :) It's going to be called Fumigate.
More than 130 Secret Service officers are said to be infected with coronavirus or quarantining in wake of Trump’s campaign travel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... D5wSQvHs5I

OK. The headline reads "are said." So, it might not be true.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests