Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Bao on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:25 am

Steve James wrote:Are they vaccinating in Sweden? I got mine today. Painless so far. Though, my iPhone is trying to pair with my arm. Wtf. :) Jk.

So far it's going sloooooooooow. Vaccination only possible for hospital employed and people +75 until may or june. My dad (83 yrs old) should have his second shot this week. Most of the population should be vaccinated first in the autumn or winter. The authorities seem do as little as possible and they have no organisation skills whatsoever. This country is a joke really. :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:46 am

Steve James wrote: I got mine today. Painless so far. Though, my iPhone is trying to pair with my arm. Wtf. :) Jk.

My wife got her first vaccine shot a few days ago (healthcare sector, so early access). Seemed to go OK, just a sore arm, a little tired and no other side effects. So far, so good, but then last night I said to her “I love you”, she replied “And I love you” and then came the voice of an older-sounding American guy: “Me too!”

Hmm, should I be worried...? ???
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am

:) Nah. Gates knows how to use the included mute function.

I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, so there's only one shot. It's supposedly over 95% effective in eliminating hospitalization and death. Anyway, I can just stay at home. Right now, 12% of New Yorkers have received at least on shot. Today, everyone over 60 is eligible. Next week, all the 24/7 centers will be open to anyone.

The result is that restaurants will be allowed 75% capacity. High schools are going to reopen. But, masks will still be required on public transport and in stores. There's no shortage of demand for the vaccine, either, and it's just in time for the warm weather, too.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:47 am

https://www.thelocal.se/20210311/stockh ... face-mask/

Stockholm school sends pupil home for wearing face mask

UPDATED: A mother has told The Local her 13-year-old son was banned from attending classes at an international school in the Stockholm region until he agreed to remove the mask he was wearing. She is now complaining to the local municipality.
Linus decided to wear a face mask when he returned to classes at the British International School Stockholm (BISS) in Danderyd, outside Stockholm, on Monday. The school teaches around 550 children aged 3-17, according to its website.

“I decided to wear a mask to school. The first lesson [goes] fine with it on. But then in the beginning of lesson two, the teacher asks me to take my mask off, and I of course say that I didn’t want to because of the coronavirus,” he wrote in an email, forwarded to The Local.

Linus said he was then made to wait isolated in a room for three hours before his mother, Sarah Jefford, a wine educator who grew up in Switzerland, was able to pick him up.

“I was fuming,” she said. “I am deeply shocked by these measures and find it unacceptable. It should be a matter of choice. I don’t think one should be prevented from wearing a mask.”
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 am

Brief film report (4.5 minutes) about a young English guy with Long Covid. Important to remember (again) that Covid-19 is not only about whether you die or not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-56571663
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Active covid virus was found in over 100 cases of patients after vaccination (double doses ) - yesterday info from US.
I`m kinda lost,
Is it mean, that vaccine allows you to live "healthy" with the virus ?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic