News Under the Covid radar

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: News Under the Covid radar

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:55 pm

grzegorz wrote:All things being equal "us" Americans are obsessed with celebrities but for me Bill Gates is nothing more than an extremely successful tekkie and businessman.

My cousin works for Hollywood and seems to have a strong love/hate relationship with these people. I deliver to the 1% in one of the top 10 richest cities in the country. Essentially a Belivery Hills of the bay area but to me it's no big deal. I don't care who you are or how much money you make I treat my customers the same way I treat everybody. American, non-American, English speaking or not, rich or poor, I don't give a damn about them or Bill Gates and I am all the happier for it. ;D

Does the rich tip you, or invite you in ? Does Gates let you inside his Gates when you deliver ? Maybe he’s not in Beverly Hills?....just some random thoughts that came up.......I did some delivery stuff too during my college years(not Beverly Hills 8-) ) quite often I was offered tip, or “come in, you want something to drink?”. I guess because I was quite service minded and gave that little “extra” 8-) ...
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:00 am

Michael wrote:
Here you all take this little thing I call vaccine.

Why wouldn't you trust Bill Gates? It's not like he's been saying for years he wants to use vaccines to reduce the population, which he says needs to be reduced anyway to make the big, bad carbon monster stay under your bed.

Probably he and his pals that erected the guidestones in georgia. Why are they still standing?
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 am

Michael wrote:Let me get this straight. Good health care results in fewer babies because of lower infant (0-5 years, let's say) mortality rate?

Can you explain how good health care is the only or even the main factor?

Does this presume people only want 2-3 children and once they're born and there is a great likelihood of their survival they simply decide to stop? Because of health care?

I think this depends on a big presumption I've given and ignores many other factors. I really do not think these two things even follow when considering human nature, but they probably make sense to bean counters.

Besides numerically hedging your bets, are there any other reasons people want more than 2 children?

Also, why are birth rates below 2 in countries with the best health care? This is below replacement and illogical even to bean counters. Answering this question sheds some light on the human reasons involved.

EDIT: As Steve pointed out, my writing is shit these days. Hope you can make sense of this.

It’s the fluoride in the drinking water, it all over in the developed world, men’s fertility is rinsed out by it ?...
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:08 am

Probably what gates want to shoot you with....a fluoride “vaccine” shot, with a dose of mercury too.
Trick
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Trick wrote:
grzegorz wrote:All things being equal "us" Americans are obsessed with celebrities but for me Bill Gates is nothing more than an extremely successful tekkie and businessman.

My cousin works for Hollywood and seems to have a strong love/hate relationship with these people. I deliver to the 1% in one of the top 10 richest cities in the country. Essentially a Belivery Hills of the bay area but to me it's no big deal. I don't care who you are or how much money you make I treat my customers the same way I treat everybody. American, non-American, English speaking or not, rich or poor, I don't give a damn about them or Bill Gates and I am all the happier for it. ;D

Does the rich tip you, or invite you in ? Does Gates let you inside his Gates when you deliver ? Maybe he’s not in Beverly Hills?....just some random thoughts that came up.......I did some delivery stuff too during my college years(not Beverly Hills 8-) ) quite often I was offered tip, or “come in, you want something to drink?”. I guess because I was quite service minded and gave that little “extra” 8-) ...

Yes they do. In fact I have been invited in one time to join a family for Thanksgiving but being that I wanted to see my own family I turned them down. I get wine, tips, they offer me their bathroom, turkey hunting, basketball tickets you name it.

In this country they are usually nice to us but not so much the smaller package companies or Amazon.

Bill Gates has his island in the Seattle area.

Point being I don't see them any differently my brother is rich too because he made all the right decisions at the right time but to me these people are different but they should pay a hell of a lot more in taxes.

Cool you did it too. A helluva workout!
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 pm

grzegorz wrote: A helluva workout!

Yes, I actually saw it that way. Back then I was an training fanatic and it suited me perfect.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:29 am

Michael wrote:Ian, the disconnect is whether or not you consider reproductive rights part of health care, or if you consider abortion part of health care. Gates does.

In societies where women have access to education, reproductive health care, and reproductive rights, there is a stabilization of population growth, an increase in wealth, and an increase in well being for persons in that society.

You're taking a very subjective ribbon and bow, so to speak, of "well being for persons in that society" and using it to tie up the package preceding it in your sentence as if all of those things are empirically desirable and good, when they are in some serious gray areas.

Here is something empirical: how does reducing your birth rate to below replacement increase well being for persons in society, or for the society overall?

Why is not proliferating your society numerically a higher priority than whatever you meant by "well being" and "reproductive rights"? For example, one of the few groups in the USA who have a high birth rate are Amish. They probably don't qualify on the three points you mention—access to education, reproductive health care, and reproductive rights—but how is their "well being"? I think it's much, much higher than among those who do qualify with your three points.

Hey, Michael, I know you're an intelligent guy. But I can't really understand where you're coming from here. Have you actually read the linked Snopes article? A very clear point made there is that generally speaking (I'll come back to that in a moment) people have lots of children because they expect most of them to die. And also of course because they might not have access to birth control, but these two factors should not be conflated into one. You can see this by looking at European and also North American (settler) history over the centuries. As living standards rose and infant mortality fell, people gradually have had few and fewer children. Mostly WANTED fewer children. Sure, some specific minority population groups go against this trend, usually for religion-related reasons. And a few families still choose to have lots of children just because they want to. But the clear trend is very clearly downward.

You can disagree with Bill Gates' stance on abortion, you can even hate him for this if you want, but that doesn't automatically invalidate any of his other ideas or initiatives.

And reducing the world population - by peaceful and positive means, not by killing people !! - is pretty much a no-brainer when it comes to the welfare of humanity and the planet as a whole. Less consumption of resources, less (or even zero) further destruction of the natural environment, less greenhouse emissions, less other pollution types (e.g. plastic), less competition among people and nations for essential resources (land, water, food etc.).
This doesn't mean going back to medieval population levels or whatever. There will still be plenty plenty of us around. Just not so many that we're sleeping three to a bed.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:32 am

Trick wrote:Probably what gates want to shoot you with....a fluoride “vaccine” shot, with a dose of mercury too.

I guess it's still humour, Trick, but for me this is coming close to trolling.
But maybe I'm just too uptight in these corona times - need to get back out into the park and do some harmonizing training under the trees. So off I go to do just that... :)
Giles
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:08 am

Giles wrote:

people have lots of children because they expect most of them to die.

Who expect that! The parents ? Is it really so?
Could it be that in certain part of the world in some societies family matters more strongly than in many of the industrialized parts of the world, the bigger the family the stronger ? Ones family is ones “social security” especially when one is old and weak ?
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:12 am

Giles wrote:[

Sure, some specific minority population groups go against this trend, usually for religion-related reasons. And a few families still choose to have lots of children just because they want to.

And reducing the world population - by peaceful and positive means, not by killing people !! - is pretty much a no-brainer when it comes to the welfare of humanity and the planet as a whole. Less consumption of resources, less (or even zero) further destruction of the natural environment, less greenhouse emissions, less other pollution types (e.g. plastic), less competition among people and nations for essential resources (land, water, food etc.).
This doesn't mean going back to medieval population levels or whatever. There will still be plenty plenty of us around. Just not so many that we're sleeping three to a bed.

But how peacefully will that be implemented toward those that want many kids because “religion-related reasons” or those who just want a bunch of kids just because
Trick
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:14 am

Religions and Ideologies thrive simply by birthing more followers.

Why do you think the Catholic Church bans birth control? - More Catholics.

My opinion - anyone promoting Eugenics should volunteer.
roger hao
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:21 am

Giles wrote:[

You can disagree with Bill Gates' stance on abortion, you can even hate him for this if you want, but that doesn't automatically invalidate any of his other ideas or initiatives.

B.Gates foundation seemingly is not well liked in India, Pakistan, and parts of Africa, where they have been using kids to “test” vaccines that not gone through all the levels of testing beforehand. Kids have if not been severely damaged then they have died. Someone mentioned here in the thread/forum that when he thought of b.gates he see an successful businessman. Actually, such peoples should probably not be in the vaccine/medicine field.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:24 am

roger hao wrote:

Yes, B.gates should test on himself his own inadequate vaccines beforehand
Last edited by Trick on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:25 am

Trick wrote:
roger hao wrote:

Yes, B.gates should test on himself his own inadequate vaccines beforehand

I think you said Gates was being sued in Africa, but the story was about India. Anyway,
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill- ... ndia-sued/

Anyway, eugenics is about improving the gene pool or saving the "good" genes. Fewer children doesn't accomplish that. Selection might, if there were a definition of "good." Cultures that favor having many children, or as many as possible, have some reason. There's some benefit. It might just mean having more wage earners and caretakers.

Imo, there's a reason for condoms that goes hand in hand with the eugenics and abortion debates. Then again, some religions think that condoms are sinful. Otoh, many people just like to have sex, and just don't give a f__k. That's why they have lots of kids. Of course, it gets hard to have fun if you have more than two kids. Two is perfect, a boy and a girl if possible.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:03 am

Trick wrote:
Giles wrote:

people have lots of children because they expect most of them to die.

Who expect that! The parents ? Is it really so?
Could it be that in certain part of the world in some societies family matters more strongly than in many of the industrialized parts of the world, the bigger the family the stronger ? Ones family is ones “social security” especially when one is old and weak ?

Traditionally, quite possibly. But look at just about any country with a culture where "family" is still seen as very important, and where living standards have risen since around 1950. Thailand, for instance, or South Korea. In both countries the birth rate is now just a quarter of what it was in 1950. And no one has been forcing them to have less children, and "family" is still important. I won't quote China because of the one-child policy which introduced another factor.
And the same argument about "bigger family better" can be said to apply just as much to European countries over the centuries. But here too the birth rates have fallen dramatically, obviously. Closely in line with improving living standards, and falling infant/child mortality.
Giles
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic