Hong Kong: end of one country, two systems?

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Hong Kong: end of one country, two systems?

Postby Trick on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:53 am

my friend from manchester who has lived and worked here in Huainan for eight years now is stuck in england. he went back to england just before the chinese new year, his wife(chines) with their daugther choose to stay here......Although he goes always back to england once a year but only for a couple of weeks. but this time he have had plenty of time to see, and what he see is not good, far more drug addicts, drug pushers, homeless, violent assaults. during these 6 months there have been 7 knife stabbings in his area of greater manchester.......He hope for going back to china as soon as possible, he is convinced the environment here is best for his daughter to grow up in........ As for myself, ill stay put here, reading about all the shootings going on in my hometown and other places in sweden cant tempt me to move back
Last edited by Trick on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 am

Trick wrote:my friend from manchester who has lived and worked here in Huainan for eight years now is stuck in england. he went back to england just before the chinese new year, his wife(chines) with their daugther choose to stay here......Although he goes always back to england once a year but only for a couple of weeks. but this time he have had plenty of time to see, and what he see is not good, far more drug addicts, drug pushers, homeless, violent assaults. during these 6 months there have been 7 knife stabbings in his area of greater manchester.......He hope for going back to china as soon as possible, he is convinced the environment here is best for his daughter to grow up in........ As for myself, ill stay put here, reading about all the shootings going on in my hometown and other places in sweden cant tempt me to move back

Do you support the means by which social order is maintained ?
Many in HK are resisting this.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 am

Trick wrote:He hope for going back to china as soon as possible, he is convinced the environment here is best for his daughter to grow up in..

I am convinced that it can be more fun and more safe. But I don't know if the school system is very good. A lot of pressure and you need to teach them and as grades are not good enough, you need a lot of skills to get in good schools. My wife says that it has become much worse. It was better when she was a child. Now it's insane, and she see too much pressure being put on children and also parents to be able to keep up with everything. And besides, if someone study hard here, it's very easy to get good grades. So she is fine with our kid going to school here.

windwalker wrote:Do you support the means by which social order is maintained ?

Can't answer for Trick, but I don't understand what you mean. If you don't break the laws or do anything stupid, you will be left alone and you will be able to live a good life, if you work hard of course. It's the same for any country.
Last edited by Bao on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Bao wrote:
Can't answer for Trick, but I don't understand what you mean. If you don't break the laws or do anything stupid, you will be left alone and you will be able to live a good life, if you work hard of course. It's the same for any country.

What are they protesting about in HK, if they follow the law they will be left alone ?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:53 am

windwalker wrote:
Trick wrote:my friend from manchester who has lived and worked here in Huainan for eight years now is stuck in england. he went back to england just before the chinese new year, his wife(chines) with their daugther choose to stay here......Although he goes always back to england once a year but only for a couple of weeks. but this time he have had plenty of time to see, and what he see is not good, far more drug addicts, drug pushers, homeless, violent assaults. during these 6 months there have been 7 knife stabbings in his area of greater manchester.......He hope for going back to china as soon as possible, he is convinced the environment here is best for his daughter to grow up in........ As for myself, ill stay put here, reading about all the shootings going on in my hometown and other places in sweden cant tempt me to move back

Do you support the means by which social order is maintained ?

Social order here in Huainan is very peaceful.....Why can’t it also be so in HK then?
Last edited by Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:01 am

windwalker wrote:
Bao wrote:

What are they protesting about in HK, if they follow the law they will be left alone ?

Well as I believe you do understand. The “protests” It’s all a storm fired up by the anti China USA, a strategy to get more nations to become anti China and by so weakening China and its economy....
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:14 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:He hope for going back to china as soon as possible, he is convinced the environment here is best for his daughter to grow up in..

I am convinced that it can be more fun and more safe. But I don't know if the school system is very good. A lot of pressure and you need to teach them and as grades are not good enough, you need a lot of skills to get in good schools. My wife says that it has become much worse. It was better when she was a child. Now it's insane, and she see too much pressure being put on children and also parents to be able to keep up with everything. And besides, if someone study hard here, it's very easy to get good grades. So she is fine with our kid going to school here.

[

Yes I see the study pressure students go through here, it looks tough...nothing like when I was slacker student in Sweden 8-)

My friends daughter is just in her first year in school, English and Chinese already comes easy for her, they don’t force her to study anything outside the regular school curriculum. And eventually they have the option to move to England for higher education.
Trick
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 am

Well as I believe you do understand. The “protests” It’s all a storm fired up by the anti China USA, a strategy to get more nations to become anti China and by so weakening China and its economy...

Am I understanding you to believe HK has no agency.
The one country two systems an agreement for 50 years, transitioning to one system.
HK was never an autonomous City.

For a long while they enjoyed a situation if they didn’t like something they could claim that they were Chinese and it was against their traditions. They no longer have this card to play. The new card is “ Democracy“ naturally they look towards the US as an entity that can support and help them, the US in turn claims to offer support to affect the situation.

Knowing there is nothing directly it, or any other country can do.
50 yrs or now, What’s happening now, will happen.

My point being those within HK. Naturally look for a champion for their cause.
The US has a misguided history of supporting causes In the name of freedom and democracy, when actually it’s more of a relic, a Cold War mentality.

Some are claiming that Taiwan is next on the chopping block, ignoring the differences
between HK and TW. One a City the other an autonomous country.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 am

windwalker wrote:
Well as I believe you do understand. The “protests” It’s all a storm fired up by the anti China USA, a strategy to get more nations to become anti China and by so weakening China and its economy...

Am I understanding you to believe HK has no agency.

the trouble is that foreign powers trying to destabilize it and the transitional arragements to fully go back to be chinese again...the foreign powers maybe want to hijack the fragrant bay again for another hundred years
Trick
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:50 am

Would not agree.
The problem there have been there for quite a while
Lots of young people in a small place, unable to understand questioning
an unattainable expected future.

Remember the trigger. Some one killed his gf in Taiwan went back to HK
could not be extradited for trial. A law was amended to allow this.

On the face seems reasonable , was viewed as a larger context
Of direct control being exerted by Beijing. Interesting enough viewed in
In this light neither Taiwan or H K wanted it.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am

windwalker wrote:

The new card is “ Democracy“ naturally they look towards the US as an entity that can support and help them, the US in turn claims to offer support to affect the situation.

yes ,but by now they should see what US "democracy" lead to in the US....theres a huge mass of folks getting fed up with its plutocracy, anarchy around the corner...
Trick
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:08 am

The problem of course being the United States is not a democracy.
It’s a federalists system with democratic underpinnings.

A distinction that many seem not to understand.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am

windwalker wrote:The problem of course being the United States is not a democracy.

Yes it’s weird what the demonstrators”/rioters in HK mean by waving the US flag.....I’ll guess they’re just naive youngsters, Having been handed the flags by US consulate .......Do they believe they will be another star on that flag ?
Last edited by Trick on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 am

Trick wrote:
windwalker wrote:The problem of course being the United States is not a democracy.

Yes it’s weird what the demonstrators”/rioters in HK mean by waving the US flag.....I’ll guess they’re just naive youngsters, Having been handed the flags by US consulate .......Do they believe they will be another star on that flag ?

What’s weird is some dude talking about freedom who can leave at any time
and they can’t.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:28 am

windwalker wrote:
Trick wrote:

What’s weird is some dude talking about freedom who can leave at any time
and they can’t.

now i dont follow ?? but it has been kind of a weird(in a positive way) day for me
Last edited by Trick on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic