Why is the USA the most terrible police state in the world

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Why is the USA the most terrible police state in the world

Postby everything on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:06 pm

this kind of fucking nutjob case seems to be prevalent here for some reason (or many reasons)
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:45 pm

The US isn't the worst police state in the world. The problem is that a police state is the opposite of what America is supposed to be. It's why armed people can protest for their freedom at the state house. And, in some areas, policing is unacceptable as an infringement of liberty.

Besides, the US was definitely more of a police state earlier on, especially when it comes to dealing with people protesting, demonstrating, or lining up for voter registration. However, it's not about policing; it's about policemen. Ime, I've never seen policemen take a knee with protesters. Correction; I saw something like that at a demonstration in Birmingham Alabama in the 60s. Firefighters refused orders to turn their hoses on children. That's another reason I don't think the US is the worst police state.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Tom wrote:
Steve James wrote:
Ime, I've never seen policemen take a knee with protesters. Correction; I saw something like that at a demonstration in Birmingham Alabama in the 60s.

They did on Sunday and Monday in two towns east of Seattle.

I meant before now. Oops I hit the wrong button.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:50 pm

windwalker wrote:
everything wrote:Tiananmen was incredibly shocking. I think most of us here in the USA felt like "that could never happen here" now we just get threats that this kind of thing will happen in multiple cities. ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

Ya know.

One of my students was there at that time.
He often mentions that people in the US have no idea of what’s really going on in China.
He wonders why the US government fails to do its job in protecting the citizens from
the groups trying to overtake it.

Ok, this is interesting. What group(s) is trying to take over the US government?
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:25 am

windwalker wrote:
everything wrote:Tiananmen was incredibly shocking. I think most of us here in the USA felt like "that could never happen here" now we just get threats that this kind of thing will happen in multiple cities. ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

Ya know.

He often mentions that people in the US have no idea of what’s really going on in China.
He wonders why the US government fails to do its job in protecting the citizens from

I was in Beijing as a regular tourist about a year before the tianmen incident. Beijingers seemed to be enjoying the late summer and going on with their businesses.
But about everywhere I went in the city I was often asked with great curiosity if I was an American, -“no, I’m a Swede” i answered, and I was immediately left alone 8-)
The fascination about the USA there was big. The first KFC in China had opened up in late 1987 in Beijing followed by a second one at the time I was there. And I was for the first time in my life given the “finger” accompanied by a “fu*k you” by a gang of youths coming out from a theatre all smilingly and and probably feeling all liberated....... American culture was on the rise.

I’ll guess it was not only KFC and American movies that inspired the young students of Beijing, but also I suspect the American university students that studied there played an significant “inspirational” role.
Trick

Postby Giles on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 am

roger hao wrote:Thanks to all the Estrangeros who admit they are getting biased news
outside of the USA but are totally ready to form opinions from it and then try
to convince others of the validity of their viewpoint.

OK, interesting. Have I been too quick off the mark to condemn Trump, and have I been fooled by fake news?
So Trump didn't say that 'mainstream journalists' (and in the context, apparently all 'mainstream journalists') are
"truly bad people with a sick agenda" ?

And this apparent Tweet is a forgery, or a fake, or something...?
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1267132763116838913?lang=de

If the POTUS didn't actually make and publish this statement, then I apologize for my over-hasty condemnation of him on this issue and I'll be more thorough in my fact checking before making any similar statements in the future.
Last edited by Giles on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:37 am

Thanks to all the Estrangeros who admit they are getting biased news
outside of the USA but are totally ready to form opinions from it and then try
to convince others of the validity of their viewpoint.

Biased? Personally I follow US press and media. My country seems to want nothing else than to be USA's little lap dog. All of the media here is pro-american. The media here just repeats the US propaganda BS. Because someone in the USA said so, it must be true. :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 am

damn i stereotype european countries as more independent thinking. :-\
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:34 am

More thorough in my fact checking

Giles - seriously - you crack me up.

Like your fact checking on Dr Kaufman?

I went back to your facts - wikipedia
First a smear about him being a phsychiatrist.
Then - to back that up -an article about how ridiculous
the 5G link to the virus is.
roger hao

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 am

everything wrote:damn i stereotype european countries as more independent thinking. :-\

with the martial plan european countries became forever in dept to the USA
Trick

Postby everything on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:36 am

quick check on wikipedia, I don't see a lot of info on repayment of Marshall Plan
everything
Wuji

Postby Giles on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:10 am

Thanks for the feedback, Roger. ;)
I'd prefer not to get into any tussling that moves clearly off-topic.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:11 am

Trick wrote:
windwalker wrote:

Ya know.

Ok, this is interesting. What group(s) is trying to take over the US government?

Evangelicals, fascists. Plunderers.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 am

Germany is in debt to the US? Shucks. I remember people saying that Germany won the war. Anybody ever actually been to Germany in as late as the 80s? Without the Marshall plan, Europe would have been fkd worse than it already was.

Of course, the alternative was the Stalin plan. Ok, if your country was neutral, it didn't get anything.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:41 am

hmm well when corporations are people, super PACs have unlimited funding, and facebook allows political ads from anyone, the government and politicians are more openly "for sale" to all kinds of "special interests" including gun lobbies, and not just interests of "The People".

probably a major underlying reason for why so many things here are so f&%^^*ed up.

read a good article we expect police to handle everything from social work to EMT duties to looking at an allegedly fake $20 bill, and that's really asking too much. then the politicians cannot lead so they just send the police out to "handle" the protests. some respond with violence, some respond with hugs. there isnt any clear leadership.
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic