Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Father Figures

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Father Figures

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Happy Father's Day!

I can't speak to anyone else's experiences, but my martial arts teachers (one in particular) played a father-figure role of sorts as I was growing up. As my parents had an ugly split when I was seven, I didn't really have much contact with my dad from then until I was 26 or so, although we get along famously now. So, perhaps it was natural that my jujitsu teacher of 20 or so years naturally took on the part of role model and mentor. Certainly, I am better for it. In varying ways, my following teachers (taijiquan and then judo) also filled this role in different ways as I navigated college, competition, and teaching.

So, thanks not only to all the good fathers out there, but also the great martial art teachers who help guide their students to be better people.

Happy Dad Day :)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Re: Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Father Figures

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Happy Father's Day!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:20 pm

Yep. Happy Daddy Day!
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby denchen on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 am

Big up to all the other dad's out there, but dont forget ; ' I'm the daddy now ! ' ( classic Ray Winstone )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDPO9UG_CY4
denchen
Mingjing

Return to Off the Topic