Cycling and

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Cycling and

Postby vadaga on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am

Day of reckoning tomorrow on GC. I am rooting for Pogacar. The descent off of Aravis before the final HC climb will be interesting, I have ridden that road and it's possible to absolutely nail it down to the roundabout in St. Jean-de-Sixt where they turn to go to the HC- it's broad, there are only 3 hairpins and there's good visibility the whole way down. If any distancing happens up the Cat 1 to the top at Aravis minutes could be taken... But probably Jumbo Visma will have Sepp Kuss controlling people on that climb is my bet.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Yep, it seems to be a two man tour right now. Imo, the mountain top time trial will decide. I like Primoz and Pogacar; they make great rivals. Bernal's exit was a big surprise, but the Ineos team really sucked. (Their fall reminds me of Ferrari. Something's up).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:25 am

Wow! Go Pogacar.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:10 am

He sure smashed that time trial, particularly the climb. Amazing stuf
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:46 am

Yeah. The mountain finish made the difference. Primoz went according to the plan, and that was almost working until he got to the Planche. Nobody could have predicted that Pogacar would ride up in record time. That's why Primoz looked so flustered.

My theory is that Pogacar deliberately ditched his bike computer when he made the switch. He's 21, and just rode as hard as he could for as long as he could. He had nothing to lose.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:04 pm

I am a bit worried that Pogacar was on the OJ. He didnt look particularly pleased to have won either Saturday or yesterday.
6.5 watts per kilo is within the realm of humanity though so perhaps my worries are misfounded... he has done similar numbers before as I recall.
Anyways, interesting tour this year in some ways and I suppose that I am glad neither Ineos or Jumbo took it in the end. Sunweb and Deceuninck were more interesting teams for me.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:32 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:32 am

Yeah, I am hoping that eventually we can get the full onboard vid from Michael Mørkov from the last lap. He is some lead-out man, this is what I got so far They started cranking it up from when they exited the tunnel it seems
Last edited by vadaga on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic