Jordon Peterson

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Jordon Peterson

Postby Overlord on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 am

Overlord

Postby everything on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:42 am

if the truth get in the way, just label it "fake news" or "fake news, just like 4 years ago".
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Yeah... not impressed. He's being puppeteered by his daughter.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/ ... n-peterson
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm

greytowhite wrote:Yeah... not impressed. He's being puppeteered by his daughter.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/ ... n-peterson

There is nothing to impress, the man’s wife just found out having kidney cancer.
The weakness of men does not mean his value and logic is flawed.
Overlord

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:21 am

Trick wrote:so many jordon peterson videos, will see if i can find any on the chinese tubes so to see what its all about

Overlord

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:57 am

If you meet the Buddha on the road ....
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:08 am

Steve James wrote:If you meet the Buddha on the road ....

Why do you even what to see Buddha? ;D
Overlord

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 am

Why do you think "I" want to?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 am

Steve James wrote:Why do you think "I" want to?

I don’t. Thus the topic of meeting Buddha on the road is both pointless and bizarre.
But hey Steve, I am happy to talk about Buddhist ideas and experiences any time you want. But that will be another topic altogether.
Cheers
Overlord

Postby greytowhite on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 am

The guy's logic and work are rubbish as well. Let me state this clearly - Jordan Peterson plain sucks. I feel someone like Daniele Bolelli is a better example of masculinity and reason. 12 Rules? How simplistic. I'd rather Create My Own Religion from 50 Things I'm not supposed to know and be Not Afraid out there On the Warrior's Path.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:18 am

That's the irony. The point of the Buddha phrase was simply that one doesn't need anybody to find the way, or that one must find the way for oneself. It's not about Buddhism, really, except maybe that people can be attached to seeking. Otoh, claiming that someone has found the way is like meeting Buddha, or one's imaginary Buddha.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:37 am

Steve James wrote:That's the irony. The point of the Buddha phrase was simply that one doesn't need anybody to find the way, or that one must find the way for oneself. It's not about Buddhism, really, except maybe that people can be attached to seeking. Otoh, claiming that someone has found the way is like meeting Buddha, or one's imaginary Buddha.

Agree, then there really nothing to discuss about Buddhism right?
Because even the ideas to have Buddhist discussion is simply attachment.
What I am really saying is if you want to talk about it, we should open another topic altogether~ what I did not say is there is no point but having a friendly chat.
Cheers
Overlord

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:49 am

greytowhite wrote:The guy's logic and work are rubbish as well. Let me state this clearly - Jordan Peterson plain sucks. I feel someone like Daniele Bolelli is a better example of masculinity and reason. 12 Rules? How simplistic. I'd rather Create My Own Religion from 50 Things I'm not supposed to know and be Not Afraid out there On the Warrior's Path.

Don’t know him, maybe interesting. If you can post his Xingyi/Xinyi clips to see I be thrilled to see his interpretations of things. As for masculinity of things, let me find out more.

I like Jordon Peterson and Ben Shapiro in many certain aspects of things.
Overlord

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:22 am

I don't want to discuss Buddhism. I think I wrote that earlier. I don't even want to discuss Peterson, primarily because nothing specific about what he thinks has been brought up. There are a lot of videos and he discusses lots of stuff, and you say he has lots of books.

One thing that's clear is that you really want us to hear him and you find his ideas helpful. That's cool. How about picking an idea he has that you disagree with --agreeing might be too easy. We can talk about that.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:17 am

Yes Steve he is a good talked who can defeat weaker debaters
He views are just manipulative crap
On Q&A above he got taught a lesson by our transexual friend Cathy
If you can get the whole show it shows how weak he is
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

PreviousNext