Will There Be War?

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Will There Be War?

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 am

Trick wrote:I’m the one(together with millions and millions of chinese) that Taiwan is an province of China, it can’t change no matter how much the USA want it as their foreign territory or maybe they even aim to add another state to its USA ?

are you waiting for a verb to show up?
those (verbs) are essential elements of sentence structure - if your goal is to communicate and have the other person understand...

or is this a mad libs scenario-
where will fill in the blank you left with the verb of our choice.. ??

hope? dream? imagine?

i think you probably meant - think or maybe believe...
both of those don't need to be based on any sort of reality....
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 am

interesting interview of a western woman who went through the chinese school system from age 4 to age 18..

relevance = tricks comment of what million and millions of people (think??)
Last edited by Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 am

Franklin wrote:
Trick wrote:I’m the one(together with millions and millions of chinese) that Taiwan is an province of China, it can’t change no matter how much the USA want it as their foreign territory or maybe they even aim to add another state to its USA ?

are you waiting for a verb to show up?
those (verbs) are essential elements of sentence structure - if your goal is to communicate and have the other person understand...

or is this a mad libs scenario-
where will fill in the blank you left with the verb of our choice.. ??

hope? dream? imagine?

i think you probably meant - think or maybe believe...
both of those don't need to be based on any sort of reality....
pardon my poor swenglish....belch...you just have to accept it..
Last edited by Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 am

Franklin wrote:interesting interview of a western woman who went through the chinese school system from age 4 to age 18..

Today I had an conversation with an newly university graduate, she(Chinese) without me bringing up the topic said of course Taiwan is a part of China .....throu the years here I heard that over and over....nothing controversial, it’s just as it is, you just have to accept that too
Trick
Wuji

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:23 am

Trick wrote:pardon my poor swenglish....belch...you just have to accept it..

lol

ironic - that you want to play the victim
must be in china for too long
as that is the general tactic - for international ccp diplomacy
either wolf warrior, come on strong
or when all else fails, - play the victim....

you have demonstrated a thorough enough grasp of the english language from your posts here
that i really don't think you have too much of a problem expressing yourself in english

if i did think you were struggling while using a second (third or foruth or etc) language
i would not have called you out on it... and joked about it...

and the vagueness of of last statement - which is written as a command
.you just have to accept it..

can either refer to - as you claim a struggling grasp of the english language
which i don't accept - as you have already demonstrated competency...

or you are commanding me to accept your viewpoint
which i do not do...
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:27 am

Trick wrote:
Franklin wrote:interesting interview of a western woman who went through the chinese school system from age 4 to age 18..

Today I had an conversation with an newly university graduate, she(Chinese) without me bringing up the topic said of course Taiwan is a part of China .....throu the years here I heard that over and over....nothing controversial, it’s just as it is, you just have to accept that too

its a bit ironic... that you would write that in response to the video i posted...

if you watched the video - you would know why...
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:54 am

No the vid didn’t open so I just went by what you wrote. Be a kind guy and brief me on the vid can you ?...However the content of it I believe won’t change anything about the big reality that Taiwan is an Chinese island province....no matter how hard the US try to make that otherway.........
Trick
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:09 am

Franklin wrote:

lol

But it’s the truth, my swenglish is poor, it’s as true as Taiwan is an Chinese province, So you changed the topic to focus on my writing expertise, no matter that or anything related to China and its provinces I’ll tell the truth....It was you that failed by relying on classic bullyism....you just have to accept that reality
Last edited by Trick on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trick
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:48 am

The op question is will there be a war. The issue is between whom. Can China militarily defeat the US or vice versa? No, not without an unimaginable loss of life and economic and ecological disruption. Can the PRC militarily destroy Taiwan. Yes, but at what cost?

Can the PRC take over or control Taiwan without military intervention? That's more complicated, but I have no doubt the PRC is trying and will continue to try. Call Taiwan a province of China or the real China, there's an historical connection that has to be worked out politically.

I don't believe that the PRC has the right to impose itself anywhere without the consent of the people. (That's from our DoI, though). I also believe that the US (CIA) has been doing everything it can to prevent any expansion of the PRC. It's not as if we like the Taiwanese more; we just don't like and want to destabilize the PRC. That is not my "belief"; that's what they say.

However, I "know" there have always been Taiwanese who want nothing to do with the "communists." The US doesn't need to create them. I don't believe all or most of the dissent against the PRC in the region is the product of US propaganda or agitation. I would say that is PRC propaganda, but no different from the US claims of wanting to keep the peace, spread democracy, etc.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:57 am

Article 1
The Republic of China, founded on the Three Principles of the People, shall be a democratic republic of the people, to be governed by the people and for the people.
Article 2
The sovereignty of the Republic of China shall reside in the whole body of citizens.

https://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/Law ... e=A0000001

Some people seem to be confused between China the country , the people ,and the government, by which the people living in the country are governed.

This document was written from the perspective, that the legal government of China is in Taiwan .
Others confuse a city, Hong Kong, never having sovereignty or ability to.

With a country that does, and has. Taiwan.

Some Taiwanese understanding the confusion this may cause are starting to push for a movement to identify itself, themselves as Taiwan , Taiwanese distinct from China and Chinese.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 am

Trick wrote:
Franklin wrote:

lol

But it’s the truth, my swenglish is poor, it’s as true as Taiwan is an Chinese province, So you changed the topic to focus on my writing expertise, no matter that or anything related to China and its provinces I’ll tell the truth....It was you that failed by relying on classic bullyism....you just have to accept that reality

like i said...
play the victim again...

but while trying to play that game- you conveniently left out part of what i said...
cause it doesn't fit with the BS you are trying to put forth

you have demonstrated a thorough enough grasp of the english language from your posts here
that i really don't think you have too much of a problem expressing yourself in english

if i did think you were struggling while using a second (third or foruth or etc) language

do you think it was a coincidence that the two news articles i posted
the first topic was - CCP propaganda targeting small niches of people
and the second- an example of how laughable and pathetic the attempts are...
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:01 am

trick wrote:
Franklin wrote:

lol

like i said...
play the victim again...
its kind of funny....
(in one way because you seek to bully 23.78 million people...)

but while trying to play that game- you conveniently left out part of what i said...
cause it doesn't fit with the BS you are trying to put forth

do you think it was a coincidence that the two news articles i posted
the first topic was - CCP propaganda targeting small niches of people
and the second- an example of how laughable and pathetic the attempts are...

hahaha
i need to accept reality...
in a way that's true...
cause i am sure you will just keep going and going and going with this stuff....
i am just curious what the next one will be...

maybe report me to the moderator for my bullying...

maybe you can get them to delete all my posts like good old fashioned CCP censorship..
then you can claim the uncontested victory and truth of the matter...

::)

and what was my bullying exactly
the statement of fact.. that you left the verb out of your statement
and without the verb - it is a very unclear communication...

or where you hurt by the fact
that i pointed out that any verb you put in (hope, dream, imagine, think, believe)
had no basis in any truth beyond that is what a number of people - hope, dream, imagine, think, believe

a lot of people believe and think the earth is flat...

???
Last edited by Franklin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am

Trick wrote:But it’s the truth, my swenglish is poor, it’s as true as Taiwan is an Chinese province, So you changed the topic to focus on my writing expertise, no matter that or anything related to China and its provinces I’ll tell the truth....It was you that failed by relying on classic bullyism....you just have to accept that reality

A province is almost always an administrative division within a country or state. The term derives from the ancient Roman provincia, which was the major territorial and administrative unit of the Roman Empire's territorial possessions outside Italy.

A territory In international politics, a territory is usually either the total area from which a state may extract power resources[2] or any non-sovereign geographic area which has come under the authority of another government; which has not been granted the powers of self-government normally devolved to secondary territorial divisions; or both.

It is a "sovereign" country

How is Taiwan considered to be a "province" of China ?

Sovereignty

Domestic sovereignty – actual control over a state exercised by an authority organized within this state,[8]
Interdependence sovereignty – actual control of movement across state's borders, assuming the borders exist,[8]
International legal sovereignty – formal recognition by other sovereign states,[8]
Westphalian sovereignty – lack of other authority over state other than the domestic authority (examples of such other authorities could be a non-domestic church, a non-domestic political organization, or any other external agent).[8]

International legal sovereignty

Formally recognized by some countries, others not formally, supported indirectly, and directly by the US and other states.

There is a de coupling between China, and the US going on now...should it continue to its logical conclusion there will be less incentive for the
US to adhere to the fiction of Taiwan being a province of China. More international agencies will recognize TW as distinct from China understanding that "in fact"

This is "true".

The CCP will have to assess their risk tolerance should they move to maintain their fiction of it being a province by force, after or if the de-coupling continues with the US and other countries this will tend to push the issue.
Historically there was a perceived advantage by other states in allowing it, and allowing it to continue.

When this advantage is no longer perceived it will tend to push the fact, that TW is a sovereign nation.
How it gets resolved remains to be seen....Some predict a time line within the next 10yrs or so.

The Taiwanese themselves will work it out according to their own risk assessment and best interest.
So far the strategy has worked, keeping the middle way....
The US de-coupling if continued will be a major factor in what the CCP does,
and how the ROC reacts.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 am

Franklin wrote:lol

They can play the wolf warrior and victim at the same time. China's ambassador gatecrash Taiwanese national celebration party at FIJI, beat up Taiwan's diplomat, then claimed they are the victim.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/world/asia/china-taiwan-fiji-fight.html
Last edited by .Q. on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Q.
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic