LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Overlord on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 am

-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 am

That's pretty hilarious if you know anything about history.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:That's pretty hilarious if you know anything about history.


"They talked about Greece and Rome."
"They read Locke; they read Montesquieu."
They knew Judeo-Christian values and the best parts of English Common Law.

Seems like they were pretty schooled, even if some did own human beings. Oh well, it's easier to agree with what someone told you someone said as opposed to reading it for yourself. Then say, "watch this clip" of a Youtuber. Then again, celebrate ancient Greece but learn nothing from Socrates or Aristotle.

Meh, that clip is the best reason one could find for studying moral philosophy (i.e., Locke and Montesquieu) or reading the Bible and/or Spinoza or Kierkegaard, or even C.S. Lewis).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Overlord on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 pm

The fact that no matter how how many people disagree with you and you guys are free to say what ever you wish to say is self evident of significance of Declaration of Independent.

The Declaration of Independence is a great legal document because it protects individual liberty, life, property and individual opportunity to pursue happiness. Communists hates it because it believes the power of masses overriding individuality.

It’s really the first and last line of defense against tyranny.
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby GrahamB on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 am

Which is why you have nothing to fear from your president declaring the media "fake news" and destroying trust in independant news sources.
If you don't become the ocean you'll be seasick every day.
Heretics podcast | The Tai Chi Notebook
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 12411
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Overlord on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:29 am

GrahamB wrote:Which is why you have nothing to fear from your president declaring the media "fake news" and destroying trust in independant news sources.


Well, he is as entitled to distrust any news as anyone else. But he doesn’t censor the news no matter how negative the news portray him to be. Imagine you make any slightest comment about leader in North Korea or China.
Still Declaration of Independence is the most important legal document in the history of mankind. And because it doesn’t fit both tyrants and commi’s agenda and narrative, they hate it. They want to destroy and undermine it. ;D
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Overlord wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Which is why you have nothing to fear from your president declaring the media "fake news" and destroying trust in independant news sources.


Well, he is as entitled to distrust any news as anyone else. But he doesn’t censor the news no matter how negative the news portray him to be. Imagine you make any slightest comment about leader in North Korea or China.
Still Declaration of Independence is the most important legal document in the history of mankind. And because it doesn’t fit both tyrants and commi’s agenda and narrative, they hate it. They want to destroy and undermine it. ;D


Again, it's not a legal document. It's propaganda.

Why would Communists (or Socialists) hate it? They are more about equality than Capitalists.

And, I don't think anyone is saying it's not an important document, it clearly is and has a long and important legacy. But, it's weird to see non-American non-white people praising it in its historical setting since it wouldn't have applied to you.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:09 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Overlord wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Which is why you have nothing to fear from your president declaring the media "fake news" and destroying trust in independant news sources.


Well, he is as entitled to distrust any news as anyone else. But he doesn’t censor the news no matter how negative the news portray him to be. Imagine you make any slightest comment about leader in North Korea or China.
Still Declaration of Independence is the most important legal document in the history of mankind. And because it doesn’t fit both tyrants and commi’s agenda and narrative, they hate it. They want to destroy and undermine it. ;D


Again, it's not a legal document. It's propaganda.

Why would Communists (or Socialists) hate it? They are more about equality than Capitalists.

And, I don't think anyone is saying it's not an important document, it clearly is and has a long and important legacy. But, it's weird to see non-American non-white people praising it in its historical setting since it wouldn't have applied to you.


Communism equality is forcibly imposing masses values on individual. It removes individualism.
DOI is all about protecting “basic” individual rights against masses. This includes “opportunity” for pursuit of happiness.
You are mixing up capitalism with corporatism.
Extreme corporatism actually is a form of communism.

You logic is so funny, just because I am not a Catholic does that mean I can’t comment pedophilia in Catholic Church?
Just because an American is too stupid to understand legality of DOI it doesn’t mean a foreigner is not wise enough to appreciate the significance and legality of DOI.
In similar tone, just because a ethnic Chinese is too stupid to understand kungfu, does this mean a non Chinese can’t appreciate the significance and value of kungfu?

When I saw the small booklet Mark held and the big pile of trash from Uncle Joe, I remember the old saying in Japanese, less is more.
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:01 pm

Communism equality is forcibly imposing masses values on individual.


This is what every government purports to do. It is the explicit aim of democracy.

DOI is all about protecting “basic” individual rights against masses.


The bulk of it is actually a list of grieviances against the Crown. Have you read it?

Just because an American is too stupid to understand legality of DOI it doesn’t mean a foreigner is not wise enough to appreciate the significance and legality of DOI.


Sloppy. I never said it wasn't significant. Quite the opposite, in fact. As for stupid Americans, you would have to include groups such as the Supreme Court of the United States who don't recognize it as a legal document. It inspired the Constitution and many other legal documents, as well as movements domestically and abroad.

You are mixing up capitalism with corporatism.


No, I'm not.

Extreme corporatism actually is a form of communism.


What?

You logic is so funny, just because I am not a Catholic does that mean I can’t comment pedophilia in Catholic Church?
Just because an American is too stupid to understand legality of DOI it doesn’t mean a foreigner is not wise enough to appreciate the significance and legality of DOI.
In similar tone, just because a ethnic Chinese is too stupid to understand kungfu, does this mean a non Chinese can’t appreciate the significance and value of kungfu?


I see what you are getting at here, but you unfortunately didn't get my point that would be obvious to anyone who wasn't historically ignorant. Because when you say this:

DOI is all about protecting “basic” individual rights against masses. This includes “opportunity” for pursuit of happiness.


It's pretty embarassing. Do you think Native Americans or slaves or poor people were included as individuals? You do realize that the "masses," regardless of how derogatory you want to make them sound, are made up of individuals?

You should read the whole document. Then read things written about the document by scholars and historians. Then you might start getting somewhere.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Overlord on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:18 am

Ian,
Actually it’s you really have no idea what you are talking about.
US is so far the first and the only country AFAIK that willing to go to internal war to abolish slavery.
And no, interest of mass is different from minimum individual rights.
Cheers
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:04 am

Overlord wrote:Ian,
Actually it’s you really have no idea what you are talking about.
US is so far the first and the only country AFAIK that willing to go to internal war to abolish slavery.
And no, interest of mass is different from minimum individual rights.
Cheers


LOL, guess you haven't heard of Haiti?

Get a clue.

DOI is all about protecting “basic” individual rights against masses. This includes “opportunity” for pursuit of happiness.


This comment, central to your argument, makes it clear that you literally don't understand what the document was written for. It's literally in the title. It's a declaration of independence from the Crown. A declaration of independence from the most elite people in the world at the time, by elite people. It had nothing to do with the "masses."
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 am

I do not trust people like Levin but I will defend his right to be stupid based on his behaviour and inability.

The Declaration of Independence, despite its nice sounding legality didi nothing to prevent the institution of slavery, the Trail of Tears, the imprisonment/internment of Japanese Americans (WWII), Reconstruction, Segregation and other forms of injustice against those who were considered "not human' in the US American landscape of things implying that the victims were different meaning they did not desereve the same rights as those who created those 'isms' and betrayed their true goals on how US America should be! Up unitl the 1960as in USA. separate but equal was the norm and people were punished by and for it.

People invoking the DOI like Levin do a disservicw to all people of good intent, faith and action! I don't trust ' um ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: USA

Re: LevinTV on Declaration of Independence

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Meh,
[quote]le·gal /ˈlēɡəl/
1. of, based on, or concerned with the law.

2.
permitted by law.le·gal[\quote]

I give. Which law did the DoI create, express, or Jefferson base it on? What law was it based on? And which court would it be tried in or has been tested in? Can you give a case?
If you can't, then explain what "you" mean by "legal."

Oh, and "mass" or "masses" is definitely Commie-speak. The DoI specifically states that individuals (all men) are entitled to any rights contained or expressed in the document.
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am


Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests