Good luck

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Good luck

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm

windwalker wrote:
As regards the bus/convoy incident: I'll keep it short and say that I gained my initial information from a report in Spiegel magazine that was later corrected to say that the incident (vehicle contact) was less dramatic than originally described. So whatever the ins and outs, and the Twitter responses by POTUS to this incident... in that sense, sure, I'm happy to say 'my bad'. And 'must do better next time' ;)

And that’s it.

All the shit people here talk about dis- misinformation.
Others trying to conflate it with something else.
Funny

As to the luck, always welcomed.

Depending on how the election goes, might be needed.

The only misinformation I hear is coming from you folks. Giles made a slight mistake, it was a different car that was hit, but the bus was put in clear jeopardy by the morons break checking it. Despicable behavior. But you are more concerned about Starbucks and keeping people from exercising their basic rights.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:30 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Good luck Ian, I hope you and your country survive this assault to democray that is the orange-militia-baiting-jesus.

Thanks, Graham.

Don’t get too close, remember the Declaration of Independence.... 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:41 pm

windwalker wrote:[
Also note that you tend to denigrate those who you don’t agree with.
Maybe an advantage when the moderators share your views. Enjoy it here.

Glad you brought up that about the moderator, it was an thought that came to my mind some minutes ago when I was to post an reply on the NWO thread....
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:04 am

. statements by Trump have been truly jaw-dropping for many in Europe.
From day one European media has taken an 100% anti Trump stance it seem, but what else to do ? He(Trump) hasn’t initiate or supported any real weapon conflict, he declared that early on he wouldn’t. He’s pulling out troops from europe.
So yes there’s reasons for the European media to write negative about him ....

Now I hope Biden “wins”, mainly because it will be interesting to see the sharp sudden turn to what the media will start reporting....Or it will not be sharp and sudden, they’ll probably try to milk the trump persona “news’ to the last drop....
Trick

Postby Giles on Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:54 am

Hi Roger,
I don't think I could agree with you on most of the points you make, but thank you nonetheless for making them in a cogent and civil way.

I think this following remark of yours is most relevant to the main point I wanted to make.
(And how I wish now I'd never mentioned the convoy. But I did, didn't I... ::) )

roger hao wrote: It gets back to what I said about what you might be exposed to.
My opinion is that the legal and constitutional condition is at heightened awareness
and being honed to sharpness rather than destroyed.

Well, what I was "exposed to" was the President's own words, saying on multiple occasions that he might not respect the election result because it would be 'crooked' or 'fake' or suchlike, or refusing to confirm when asked that he would respect the election result. (Unless he wins, of course). And then to my knowledge, once (!) saying he would respect the result. With him being him, with promises or statements often being reversed or 'forgotten', that's still a clear statistical overhang towards the incumbent president casting doubt on whether he will vacate the White House if he loses the election. Based very much on his own words, so clearly no 'propaganda' from other sources involved here. Which is kinda... unprecedented. As regards, you know, confidence in democracy, rule of law, stuff like that, etc. That's what I'm trying to say.
If you think this is a positive thing, something which is 'honing the legal and constitutional condition to sharpness', then I find that a startling and to me questionable take on the issue. As said, even as a non-American it scares the bejesus out of me. So even if he does lose, and then departs more or less gracefully (would be nice), it seems to me that clear damage has already been done to the democratic institution.

If one person kicks a few bricks out of the house foundations, the house may still stand. But the bricks are gone and it makes it easier (weakens the fabric, and creates a precedent) for like-minded people to come along later and do some more kicking. But this of course is my opinion again. What is NOT my opinion is the above-mentioned statements by POTUS. 'Read my lips', and so on.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:00 am

Regarding the election and drama, barring one group having a blow out win the election result is very likely to wind up in court.

I strongly suspect we won’t know until sometime in December, or January, who the actual winner is.

The main culprit here will be vote by mail. The US Postal Service is not the most efficient organization and routinely misplaced things. In the event the vote is close in a given state, the losing party will file suit to “account for all possible votes” delaying a final count.

And I mention this as a real possibility as I personally have had my vote for president not count twice as I was deployed and it got back to the respective state too late.

Where the line in the sand will be drawn regarding when the various votes arrive will wind up in the Supreme Court.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:01 am

If one person kicks a few bricks out of the house foundations, the house may still stand.

@Giles
Ya know, the only President that Trump considers himself inferior to said that "A house divided against itself cannot stand." He also said that the US could only be destroyed from the inside, never conquered from without. Contrary to that, Trump is the only president I've ever heard talk about "civil war" if he were impeached. Lincoln instituted Thanksgiving as a national celebration to unify the country. Of course, Lincoln would have permitted the expansion of slavery if it would have preserved the Union.

Trump, otoh, is not promising to stretch out his hand to his opponents and "Democrats." Instead, he is characterizing "them" as enemies of the state. Hey, the European sources he quotes is amazing. At any rate, it seems to me that he should be discouraging violence and reassuring the people that he is and will be everyone's president. Oh well, he can mouth the words at his inauguration, but it's too late.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:28 am

Well, several states have had "only" mail in voting for a while. Ballots are supposed to be mailed by the 3rd, but some states don't count them until seven days later. A state could delay that, but ballots postmarked after the 3rd won't be counted. True. It's possible that the post office might misplace mail, but that's not because it's inefficient. Clearly, removing mail boxes, sorting machines, and preventing overtime before the election wasn't going to make the situation better.

However, the reality is that many people voted early. They didn't avoid lines to limit their chances of catching covid. So far, 99 million people have voted already. That's not ballots; that's votes. If half that number vote today, it will set a record. And, these too will be in person votes.

Afa mailed-in ballots, I received one, but I wasn't going to mail sh-t back. I took it to the early voting site. I'm sure that many people who received mail in ballots did the same for the same reason --to take no chances. Friends have posted photos of people (on the rez) riding horses to their polling sites because the state (ND) refused to recognize po addresses.

So, imo, no need to worry, at least 2/3rds of the votes are in already.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 am

"Hard to think of a political decision in recent history where there was so obviously a right and wrong choice.

Racism, sexism, nepotism, corruption, fraud, pro-violence, pro-sexual violence, anti-science, anti-democracy & responsibility for 100,000s of deaths.

Or the other guy."
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Giles

Biden won't win even if he wins. The bait-and-switch has been in for months.

If Trump loses, anyone who thinks Joe makes it to inauguration is dumber, less educated, and more misinformed than I am.

Harris and -----?

Remember last year when all those 'health professionals' signed that letter to congress because they were worried about Trump's mental health? And the 2017 letter signed by 60,000 others, self-titled the same, calling to invoke Article 4 of the Twenty-fifth? Where are they now that Joe needs their help?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:47 am

Interesting. In the moment of writing, Biden has a slight lead with 238 against 213 votes. So it seems like that in many states people appreciate what Trump has done for the jobs and the economy. ???

Edit: Guardian says 238. Most of other sources say 224. Wonder who's right? :-\
Last edited by Bao on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby LaoDan on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:41 am

Bao wrote:So it seems like that in many states people appreciate what Trump has done for the jobs and the economy. ???

Bao, that may be true, but I suspect something else. People got fed up with “political correctness” which required people to be more considerate of groups that they disliked (for whatever reason), and given the option of someone who so obviously does not adhere to sensitivity towards others (Trump does not care about empathy) allows them to feel better about themselves rather than feeling bad when challenged for something insensitive that they inadvertently or purposely say. For many it may just be about feeling better about THEMSELVES, than it is about jobs and the economy.

I think this is the same reason that Trump surprised the pollsters both in 2016 and now. People still do not want to admit that they are culturally insensitive in their support for Trump (and many are therefore reticent about revealing their support for him to pollsters), and there are many other ways to rationalize why they support him, including jobs and the economy. I think that it simply comes down to feeling better about THEMSELVES in the political climate that has been changing (sensitivity to minorities, the handicapped, alternative sexual expressions...) over the past decades (exemplified in the TV show “All in the Family” shown during the 1970’s). With Trump, one can feel fine mocking nonconforming (or non-majority) viewpoints, whereas the trend over the past decades has been to criticize those who show this lack of empathy. [This is reflected in the laws that “conservative” politicians attempt to enact, as well as their emphasis on controlling the courts, where rulings can overturn insensitively enacted or discriminatory laws.] The Donald = Archie.

For example, racial tensions have been heightened because of the relaxation of political correctness, with overt displays of the confederate ideology (flags, chants, militias, social media...), probably as a backlash to the pressures of political correctness that would tend to suppress these actions. Trump does not suppress these actions and this emboldens those who want to display these tendencies. But I think that the backlash against these types of behavior is what has resulted in the abolishing the open displays of the confederate battle flag (e.g., removed from the South Carolina legislative building) as well as removal of numerous statues honoring the confederacy, etc. [In North Carolina, laws were enacted a few years back that prohibited the removal of confederate statues, the renaming of University of NC campus buildings because of the racist pasts of the namesakes, etc. But now those restrictions have been removed, and there is even talk about renaming military bases on a national level.] Trump’s level of insensitivity, and the actions of emboldened followers, is the greatest factor in the removal of many of these long tolerated socially insensitive features of our society.

I think that it is CULTURE, rather than jobs and the economy, which is driving much of what we have seen in recent years/decades.
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:22 am

Laodan -
Please clarify -

Trump’s level of insensitivity, and the actions of emboldened followers, is the greatest factor in the removal of many of these long tolerated socially insensitive features of our society.

You are saying without Trump as a catalyst these socially insensitive
features would continue status quo. Still guided by harsh criminal laws and aggressive enforcement biased against those minorities?

So - in reality - orange man good?
roger hao

Postby windwalker on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 am

Bao wrote:Interesting. In the moment of writing, Biden has a slight lead with 238 against 213 votes. So it seems like that in many states people appreciate what Trump has done for the jobs and the economy. ???

Edit: Guardian says 238. Most of other sources say 224. Wonder who's right? :-\

Kinda the problem no? ;)

What ever ones feelings are towards Trump, whats happening now was predicted by Trump.
Some states stopped counting, others had a sudden lead after pausing the count....suddenly finding more votes. ;)

A couple will not announce their tallies until later on this week...

Expect it to be decided by the SCOTUS.

The post started with a question about whether the current president would accept the outcome based on comments he made.
Would anyone here do it with out questioning it, based on whats going on?

Some of the controls for voting by mail and end date for counting the votes, were challenged in SCOTUS when states started making changes to their voting rules.
The SCOTUS deferred, allowing what some states wanted with the ensuing
results being played out now.

CHEATERS: President Trump Warns Against 4am Ballot Drops and an Hour Later Wisconsin and Michigan Drop 300,000 Ballots For Democrats and ZERO for Trump

Both the Dem /and GOP parties are f___ed up. run by career politicians
The GOP, spineless talking about rules and decorum , The Dem, ruthless in pursuit of their goals.

Looking like the SCOTUS will be deciding this one...

Despite the differences that some of us express here.
I do feel everyone wants whats best for the US...

None of this is good....
windwalker
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:43 am

Yes WW - in my meetings this morning both left and right are hungover
and mis-trusting the other.

Like a Miami drug deal gone bad.
roger hao

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic