Good luck

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Good luck

Postby Giles on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:53 am

I’d like to send my sincere wishes and hopes to the USA that the presidential election takes place with observance of all constitutional/legal rules and procedures, designed to ensure a democratic (small D !!) transfer of power. And that no major civil unrest breaks out following the election result.

Many, many people here in Germany and in Europe are currently quite concerned about what may happen in the USA, in terms of upholding the basis apparatus of democracy etc. Expressed in concrete terms: 1. whether or not the incumbent president will relinquish office if he loses the election; 2. whether he will encourage supporters to “resist” the transfer of power by illegal means (either explicitly or implicitly or by not clearly telling them to ‘stand aside’). – These concerns being amplified by the very recent incident in Texas, with Trump supporters harassing and ramming a Biden/Harris bus and above all the president’s response to this on Twitter. – And also the possibility of widespread violence by anti-Trump people (and resulting counter-violence) if the incumbent president wins the election. Although over here at least, this latter scenario (i.e. with widespread violence) is mostly seen as less worrying. Rightly or wrongly.

America is still so big and powerful, and still has such an influence on the world as a whole, that almost no-one over here regards the election as only, or even mostly, a domestic US affair. At one level it is, of course, but at another level the implications are much much wider. Even though we can’t vote on it, it will influence all our lives and futures in significant ways.

So good luck, America. May the rule of law prevail at every level.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Good luck

Postby Strange on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 am

i was hoping for sanity; but i guess we need good luck too
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
User avatar
Strange
Great Old One
 
Posts: 5295
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:33 am

Re: Good luck

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:27 am

Wow Giles -

I am concerned that the propaganda beamed to your country has caused
such a great misconception of the US.
The bus was rammed LOL.
Orange man bad.
Since you are obviously an intelligent person I can only assume that there
is a war of opinion going on that has directed an image to your country that
fits an agenda. We are fine here.
roger hao
Wuji
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:42 am

Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Good luck

Postby Bao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am

Good luck to the whole World. The whole World has gone crazy. Hope we can get out of this mess while all of the the countries remain friends and behave civilised. :-\
Last edited by Bao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 7686
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: Good luck

Postby windwalker on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:52 am

Giles wrote:I’d like to send my sincere wishes and hopes to the USA that the presidential election takes place with observance of all constitutional/legal rules and procedures, designed to ensure a democratic (small D !!) transfer of power. And that no major civil unrest breaks out following the election result.

Many, many people here in Germany and in Europe are currently quite concerned about what may happen in the USA, in terms of upholding the basis apparatus of democracy etc. Expressed in concrete terms: 1. whether or not the incumbent president will relinquish office if he loses the election; 2. whether he will encourage supporters to “resist” the transfer of power by illegal means (either explicitly or implicitly or by not clearly telling them to ‘stand aside’). –

All the while ignoring the rioting going on and lawlessness allowed to happen by those seeking an outcome, now, now some feel the need to wish for good luck.
ok, I guess :P


These concerns being amplified by the very recent incident in Texas, with Trump supporters harassing and ramming a Biden/Harris bus and above all the president’s response to this on Twitter. – And also the possibility of widespread violence by anti-Trump people (and resulting counter-violence) if the incumbent president wins the election. Although over here at least, this latter scenario (i.e. with widespread violence) is mostly seen as less worrying. Rightly or wrongly.

The Bus,,,,,mmmm

Which one,,,maybe this one
Marauding Black Lives Matter in Virginia tossed liquor bottles and flashed guns at the Trump caravan as it passed by Sunday in Richmond, Virginia. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... -attacked/


or maybe it was this one, kinda hard to tell

Texas Officials: Trump Supporters Broke No Laws When they Surrounded and Escorted Biden-Harris Bus From Their Community[/quote. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... community/




America is still so big and powerful, and still has such an influence on the world as a whole, that almost no-one over here regards the election as only, or even mostly, a domestic US affair. At one level it is, of course, but at another level the implications are much much wider. Even though we can’t vote on it, it will influence all our lives and futures in significant ways.

So good luck, America. May the rule of law prevail at every level.



Rule of law,,,guess you've not been following recent events concerning rule of law.....maybe you might mean " outcome "
Some by not enforcing "rule of law" are trying to force an "outcome"

Some might call it sedition

Should the Precedent be re elected, using "rule of law" one would expect that some changes will occur rather soon based on
the "rule of law".

thanks for the 'Luck" everyone needs it. :)
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8479
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Good luck

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:46 am

Hi Giles -
Please name your source for the bus ramming.
I am interested to know what you are being told.
You do realize that everything you posted was non-reality?
roger hao
Wuji
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:00 am

Thank you, Giles.

And, it was an escort car, rather than the actual bus, that was rammed by the Trumpers. Hopefully, they are put in jail. Anyone who doubts it can very easily google it and watch the multiple videos posted to social media.

It's very sad how deranged and pathetic these Trump supporters are--on this page and in America. They speak of law and order, but don't care about this sort of insane antidemocatic behavior (attacking the Biden caravan, attempting to kidnap the Gov of MI, fighting to annul votes, etc...).

Of course, this is not to mention Trump's manaical handling of Covid, desire to accelerate the Climate Crisis, and completely errode the already weak democracy in the US. Trump supporters are not only completely detached from reality, but are horrible people that the world would be better off without.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby windwalker on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:33 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Thank you, Giles.

And, it was an escort car, rather than the actual bus, that was rammed by the Trumpers. Hopefully, they are put in jail. Anyone who doubts it can very easily google it and watch the multiple videos posted to social media.

It's very sad how deranged and pathetic these Trump supporters are--on this page and in America. They speak of law and order, but don't care about this sort of insane antidemocatic behavior (attacking the Biden caravan, attempting to kidnap the Gov of MI, fighting to annul votes, etc...).

Of course, this is not to mention Trump's manaical handling of Covid, desire to accelerate the Climate Crisis, and completely errode the already weak democracy in the US. Trump supporters are not only completely detached from reality, but are horrible people that the world would be better off without.




“Better off with out “

Free speech and all :P

So Giles,

perfect example of what’s going on in the US people people accusing others of what they themselves do.
Would be funny, if not for those acting on this.

People talking about their education level not understanding the US is not democracy.
Never was, not designed to be

Plenty of lessons learned in history for what happens to democracies in practice :P
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8479
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Good luck

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 am

windwalker wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Thank you, Giles.

And, it was an escort car, rather than the actual bus, that was rammed by the Trumpers. Hopefully, they are put in jail. Anyone who doubts it can very easily google it and watch the multiple videos posted to social media.

It's very sad how deranged and pathetic these Trump supporters are--on this page and in America. They speak of law and order, but don't care about this sort of insane antidemocatic behavior (attacking the Biden caravan, attempting to kidnap the Gov of MI, fighting to annul votes, etc...).

Of course, this is not to mention Trump's manaical handling of Covid, desire to accelerate the Climate Crisis, and completely errode the already weak democracy in the US. Trump supporters are not only completely detached from reality, but are horrible people that the world would be better off without.




“Better off with out “





Free speech and all :P

So Giles,

perfect example of what’s going on in the US people people accusing others of what they themselves do.
Would be funny, if not for those acting on this.

People talking about their education level not understanding the US is not democracy.
Never was, not designed to be

Plenty of lessons learned in history for what happens to democracies in practice :P


I understand it is very hard for you to say what you mean directly, but give it a try some time.

You mention the Freedom of Speech as some sort of rebuttal to me saying what I think. Your problem is you are confused. I was condemning violent actions taken to thwart democracy, which have nothing to do with the freedom of speech.
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby GrahamB on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:30 am

Good luck Ian, I hope you and your country survive this assault to democray that is the orange-militia-baiting-jesus.
If you don't become the ocean you'll be seasick every day.
Heretics podcast | The Tai Chi Notebook
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 12411
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:43 am

Ian -
Now the question has become - for me -
Will YOU accept the results of the election. You have
me worried that you won't.
Is this it Ian? -



That little SUV tried to run block on the pickup and was denied.
roger hao
Wuji
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby roger hao on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am

Graham -
You still upset about the revolutionary war or something?
Don't blame us for Brexit.
roger hao
Wuji
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Good luck

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Desperation breeds terrorism. And it's easy to see who's desperate an panicking. The prez is even encouraging people to vote! No matter who wins, more Americans will not be voting for him than not. It was true last time, and it'll be even truer this time.

Anyway, first time I've heard people worried about the election. I blame it on the fact that the prez thinks of Americans as the real enemy.

Afa the bus incident, reminds me of attacks on the Freedom Riders in the 60s.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Good luck

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:28 pm

roger hao wrote:Ian -
Now the question has become - for me -
Will YOU accept the results of the election. You have
me worried that you won't.
Is this it Ian? -



That little SUV tried to run block on the pickup and was denied.


That's what you see in that video? The SUV is clearly driven out of its lane. That's assault. You are probably one of those fools who watch the video of Trump proposing injecting disinfectant and saying he didn't. I hope someday the scales fall from your eyes, but I am not holding my breath.

I honestly don't understand your other question. Will I accept the election results? Sure, what would make you think I wouldn't. Trump, on the other hand, is the only person to publicly refuse to say he will. More projection. Honestly, I spend more energy agitating against Democrats, but Trump and his goons are so out of control that I have kept quiet about my problems with the Democrats on social media for the past few months. It's possible that Trump could win, although unlikely. It's even less likely that he will win the popular vote. As Steve points out, he didn't manage that last time. I'm not planning any sort of armed insurrection if Trump wins. That's more of a Trumper thing. So, again, I don't understand what you are getting at, other than projecting your conservative extremism on me.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Next

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests