China Undercover - Xinjiang

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: China Undercover - Xinjiang

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 am

Well, I'm not choosing to believe either extreme, and I wouldn't make up my mind based on what I read on the internet. That doesn't mean that I don't believe you. However, I also think it unlikely that everyone else is just making up stories. So, I won't get into a heated argument with anyone about it.

Afa the rise of Nazism and extermination/labor camps, the first ones were built in 1933 --before the Nuremberg Laws were instituted. But, my point was that people in the US denied what was happening. We never entered the war to end the death camps, even once we knew they were there. Ok, it's not like there weren't restrictive laws in the US or that we were against anti-Semitism. People are concerned about what might be happening in China. It doesn't imply they're anti-Chinese.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: China Undercover - Xinjiang

Postby Bao on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:26 am

Steve James wrote:However, I also think it unlikely that everyone else is just making up stories. So, I won't get into a heated argument with anyone about it.

You know, the argument that ”every story cannot be fake” is exactly the logic of people who believe in magic or ghosts. “There are so many books about it so that it’s impossible that all of it is fake.” But you know, there’s a possibility that everything is.

But I agree, no need to argue about it. You are the only one who at least try to have a civilized discussion. Let’s keep it so.

People are concerned about what might be happening in China. It doesn't imply they're anti-Chinese.

No it doesn’t, but you need to have a very negative view on China and on the Chinese in general if you believe that a genocide is going on. I believe that a lot of the anti-Chinese propaganda is fueled by pure racism.

Thanks, I appreciate your interest and your thoughts.
David
Last edited by Bao on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic