Hangboards

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Hangboards

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Are there any rock climbers here? I recently purchased a portable and a fixed hangboard. I currently do pull ups on a door frame header. Do people just hang from the fixed hangboard (for how long?) or do they do pull ups as well? As a side note, I was in Joshua Tree yesterday but no climbing.

portable
https://www.etsy.com/listing/851524053/sendstick-portable-hangboard-for?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=hangboard&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&col=1

fixed
https://www.etsy.com/listing/821404565/custom-climbs-redpoint-hangboard?ref=search_recently_viewed-2&frs=1
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Re: Hangboards

Postby roger hao on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Props to you man

I think you are supposed to sleep while hanging from it. LOL

Here in Austin there is limestone cliffs and climbing barefoot
is good because they are smoothed out.
roger hao

Re: Hangboards

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:11 pm

roger hao wrote:Props to you man

I think you are supposed to sleep while hanging from it. LOL

Here in Austin there is limestone cliffs and climbing barefoot
is good because they are smoothed out.

My last hangboard didn't work out.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic