Meditation makes you an arrogant twat

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Meditation makes you an arrogant twat

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:57 pm

It would be interesting to know what people think of this one I just found. https://youtu.be/FLkDoug8P2g
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 pm

One funny thing is a studio owner that leases timeshare to yoga and martial art teachers told me the yoga teachers are the worst, most demanding assholes while the martial art teachers are mellow and easy to work with.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:23 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

What is Damo Mitchell’s connection to Huang
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:22 am

Haven’t seen or done most of those tricks since my early days in Tang Shou Tao. Never did the cranium buster
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:44 am

I managed to get our of having to do that by bending like a reed in the wind. It was very taoist.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Kelley Graham on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Kelley Graham
Website - https://ucbprogram.com
Follow - https://ucb.social/@imklg
Kelley Graham
Administrator

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:19 pm

I'm a bit slow did dunning Kruger over or under estimate their ability to do a survey
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 am

The "cult" mentality tends to be present in the "mystical" because proof certainly is not part of that vehicle based on its reality dimensions.
That is why "religious", religion, "holy dogma", etc can be spread amongst those whose mental capabilities are challenged. No realtion to spirituality or other intrinsic truth finding of those who live the sanctity of a conscious path.

I know the validity of, and the preaching of the parting of the seas, ocean, etc by Jesus but my rational base tells me and I have seen it, where similar things happen relating to observable and documnetable actions of tides, lunar schedules, etc that influence said events. As an example, even though my main base was Okinawa (35 years agoat the time, I just had to visit South Korea where there is an island (Cheju Island-excuse my spelling!) where people can walk to when the tides are low. When the tides come back in,, one would have no idea that s/he can walk to this island. Anyone not familiar with this will find it preposterous at face value.

My point is that certain personalities are more prone to believe preposterous things just because a wized, a Trump, or some mystical master from nowhere said it.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 am

When i was in Chiang mai with a group of Taijiquan folks, i asked if anyone had learned from Adam Mizner. the response was he was a arrogant twat. so there you have it. Meditation makes you an arrogant twat.
Rhen

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

I meet a lot of yoga doing anti-vaccer types and they seem to think that they are so healthy that they are entitled not to follow Covid protocols. But I recognize it from spiritual taiji types so it's not new just a sad reminder of what I once boight into decades ago with Americanize taiji.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Anything that makes one think they are superior to others may turn them into an arrogant twat.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:38 am

Yes,
but >arrogant twat < is the transition point in developing any skills (meditation, science, MA, whatever...).
Unfortunately lot of humans sit there, and make "arrogant bubble" .
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic