Trump supporters commit sedition

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump supporters commit sedition

Postby origami_itto on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 pm

I can't stop watching the impeachment. I might be biased but the democrats are making an ironclad case IMHO.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 am

That's the problem with Trump - we can't stop watching him.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:01 am

oragami_itto wrote:I can't stop watching the impeachment. I might be biased but the democrats are making an ironclad case IMHO.

If these were judicial proceedings, i.e. with a judge and jurors, then a solid case might lead to a conviction. If jurors reach a 'guilty' verdict in a trial, in principle they themselves have nothing to lose. But it's a political event. So there's zero chance of enough Republican senators voting to convict. They see their continued careers better served by not antagonizing the Trump base.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:52 am

Giles wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I can't stop watching the impeachment. I might be biased but the democrats are making an ironclad case IMHO.

If these were judicial proceedings, i.e. with a judge and jurors, then a solid case might lead to a conviction. If jurors reach a 'guilty' verdict in a trial, in principle they themselves have nothing to lose. But it's a political event. So there's zero chance of enough Republican senators voting to convict. They see their continued careers better served by not antagonizing the Trump base.

Well, I guess we'll just have to look at it from the bright side. If he is not convicted, there's still a chance that we can have another season of The Apprentice. ;D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:02 am

GrahamB wrote:That's the problem with Trump - we can't stop watching him.

The majority, his opposition has fought for four years to get rid of him and now when he’s gone everyone wants more of him
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 am

Bao wrote:
Giles wrote:

Well, I guess we'll just have to look at it from the bright side. If he is not convicted, there's still a chance that we can have another season of The Apprentice. ;D

With Trump jail would probably not be obstacle for that
Trick

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:14 am

Well, not the Apprentice. Maybe the Biggest Loser :).

Afa jail, even his defense attorney argued that a criminal court would be the proper venue for trying him. Proper or not; it is what it is. If/when he's acquitted, he may have his chance in federal, state, or district court. The impeachment isn't a real trial anyway. And, someone other than the taxpayers should pay for the damages. Use Trump's new rules for people who damage federal property and give them ten years. He also liked to demand his opponents be locked up as part of his rallys.

That's the thing. It's been a show, literally. He said he wanted it to be that way, one where he'd come off as the hero every day. The problem became that all his opponents have to be villains. There's no in-between. That's why the rioters were chanting "Hang the traitor Mike Pence." Iow, the next in line to the president; the guy carrying the other nuclear football. Seems like Trump wasn't taking Pence's calls while he was hiding with his family in the building. It's understandable why Pence did his Constitutional duty, and didn't talk to Trump for a week. I don't think Trump would get Pence's vote next time

Seems to me that the delay in calling in the military was a dereliction of duty, at least. , and nobody was more loyal than he was. Even the Q-Anon shaman (with the horns) says that Trump chumped him.
The Republicans who want to be reelected are afraid of Trump supporters --because of the events at the Capitol. The rioters had no problem injuring or killing the police officers who were coming for the legislators in the building, some with their families. They were receiving death threats before that.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:12 am

The Trumpers are unusually quiet. Did they all get swept up at the Capitol?!
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 am

The Trump supporters are just as quiet as the people here who used to tell me about the benefits of Brexit. How strange.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:09 am

Covid is just the flu! :-X
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:24 pm

I don't think many people want to be associated with the insurrectionists. If I were one, I wouldn't be posting my support for them.

Can't speak for anyone on the board, but many people who followed QAnon feel duped, and have said so publicly. Of course, some are saying it as part of their criminal defense. So, there are/were true believers who actually thought they would change the election results. They were told so by someone they sincerely believed. Though, "the devil made me do it" and "I was only following orders" are not legitimate defenses, even if true. They also feel betrayed because they thought they were doing something correct and would be pardoned.

Afa the virus, Google has loads of examples of people who tell their loved ones they regret having listened to Trump, while they lay on their death beds. And there are more than a few Regrexiters. Anyway, a better question is who's happy with the situations and why.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm

If I were one, I wouldn't be posting my support for them.

That's the crux of my joke.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:41 pm

GrahamB wrote:The Trump supporters are just as quiet as the people here who used to tell me about the benefits of Brexit. How strange.
now it’s no time to single oneself out into victim hood, Britain will surely be fine or even better as soon as the virus threat is gone.....Stiff upper lip
Trick

Postby Giles on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:46 am

I very much doubt the UK will be "even better", unless you'd like to define what you mean by that. I hope it will still do okay.
But better in the Brexit thread, not here - too much derailment.
Last edited by Giles on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:10 am

I know little of the subject except of what my gut feeling tell 8-)
So to somewhat satisfied you intellectuals I Binged the subject, and this little text came directly up, funnily(kind of) it’s a German speaking on the issue..
. Britain will be better off than the EU after Brexit and 'highly attractive' for investors, says Germany business chief Mathias Döpfner said the UK would be 'highly attractive' to investors The Axel Springer chief executive expects a short-term downturn However, in three to five years it will overtake other European countries
. Yes perhaps better in the Brexit thread, however there where kind of made an likeness between Trumpists and Brexists......Perhaps the Guy in the quote above is an Trumpist ?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic