Trump supporters commit sedition

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump supporters commit sedition

Postby meeks on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:22 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Funny, I remember someone asking me on this board not too long ago if I would accept the results of the election. Of course, I knew that was just more projection.

U.S. Capitol In Chaos As Pro-Trump Extremists Breach Building

January 6, 20212:40 PM ET

Demonstrators breeched security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification on Wednesday.
Roberto Schmidt/AFP via Getty Images

The U.S. Capitol was engulfed in chaos on Wednesday, as supporters of President Trump, responding to his call to head there, breached the complex, resulting in violence in the seat of America's federal government.

The surreal and dangerous scene interrupted proceedings in the House and Senate, as members of Congress were tallying President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-e ... t-protests

So, Trump holds a seditious rally and then sends his goons to attack the Capital building? Seems like a clear case of sedition to me. Also, why no griping from the right about rioting? Hypocrisy abounds.

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

Impeach and imprison?

Turning a blind eye as they look for ways to rationalize this....
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 am

The three protestors that died through "medical emergencies" - did they all accidentally kill/shoot/impale themselves while storming the capitol? What's the story there?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:34 am

Ah, trampled, heart attack and stroke.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 am

Now a police officer has died from injuries sustained.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press ... d-sicknick
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:44 am

GrahamB wrote:Now a police officer has died from injuries sustained.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press ... d-sicknick

Anyone charged for entering the Capitol should also be charged with his homicide. He didn't have a heart attack. He died from injuries sustained. Apparently, he was struck with a fire extinguisher.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:54 am

hmm,
something really bad behind the horizon - crash of the Democratic Imperium ?
If yes - it will be end of the world which we know...
yup, we are livin` in very interesting times, definitely.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:07 am

wiesiek wrote:hmm,
something really bad behind the horizon - crash of the Democratic Imperium ?
If yes - it will be end of the world which we know...
yup, we are livin` in very interesting times, definitely.

Don't be silly. This is the first time in four years that Democrats and Republicans say they agree on something. This was a cloud with a bigger silver lining. Nope, not at all afraid of the red caps, Q--anoners, confederates, etc.

Now, what's happening in Poland is another story. Here, we got the business done. It wasn't pretty. But, I am happy that it was the Trumplings who did it on Trump and Giuliani's orders. Those pictures will last forever. They're failures just like their Confederate heroes. Shucks, I see lots of my friends deciding to fly their flags.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:10 am

What's that, Steve? You see a lot of your friends flying Trump flags? ???
Seems surprising, but I don't know the circles you move in.
Last edited by Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:34 am

Giles wrote:What's that, Steve? You see a lot of your friends flying Trump flags? ???
Seems surprising, but I don't know the circles you move in.

Ah, that's the thing, GIles. It's NOT the Trump flag. My son is a colonel and his wife is a major, and there's always a flag flying at their home in DC. The friends I'm referring to are those who didn't want to be associated with Trumpism, but really "love" the country and the principles the flag is/was supposed to represent. It's not a Trump uniform. The insurrection was a bit like 9/11 to them, and their response is similar. They're taking their flag back. None of them are flying Confederate battle flags, like the Trumplings do. That's their flag ;)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

Republican governors call for Trump's resignation or removal.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:13 am

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:45 am

According to a (not so large) Yougov poll published yesterday, 45% of Republican voters support the storming of the Capitol building. While 43% don't. Well, at least there's that...

https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-republican-voters-support-storming-capitol-1559662
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:45 am

double post
Last edited by Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am

--> Steve. Sorry, I'm probably a bit slow on the uptake. Do you mean the Confederate flag as carried by the photographed intruder, or another flag? I had originally understood you as saying your friends fly "DONALD TRUMP" flags, but I guess that's not the case.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:37 am

I had originally understood you as saying your friends fly "DONALD TRUMP" flags,

Naw, I mean that some (non-military) friends didn't fly the flag because they didn't want to be labelled as Trump supporters. They wouldn't wear red caps either. :)

Yeah, it's not surprising that so many Republicans support what happened. Shucks, they'll call themselves the victims of a tyrannical government. I.o.w., the guys who carry the defaced flags with the blue stripes, who chant "Blue lives matter," are calling the woman who was shot the martyr.

Did you see that one of the insurrectionists was an elected official? How about the capitol police who removed barriers? I betcha some of them are Republicans. However, I'm waiting for the video of Trump cheering them on from the Oval Office.

Wiesiek says interesting times :). This is already tv-movie and book level stuff for the next half century. This is like Watergate with 9/11 as background music. Well, most people will remember where they were --but that's just because they don't have very many options. They should recall it as a few days when the pandemic (or 4000 deaths) was not the headline. Probably, people will say that it happened in 2020.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic