Experts are back

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Experts are back

Postby Trick on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Jeffrey Goines:
Code: Select all
  Uh-huh. In the eighteenth century, no such thing, nada, nothing. No one ever imagined such a thing. No sane person, anyway. Ah! Ah! Along comes this doctor, uh, uh, uh, Semmelweis, Semmelweis. Semmelweis comes along. He's trying to convince people, well, other doctors mainly, that's there's these teeny tiny invisible bad things called germs that get into your body and make you sick. Ah? He's trying to get doctors to wash their hands. What is this guy? Crazy? Teeny, tiny, invisible? What do you call it? Uh-uh, germs? Huh? What? Now, cut to the 20th century. Last week, as a matter of fact, before I got dragged into this hellhole. I go in to order a burger in this fast food joint, and the guy drops it on the floor. Jim, he picks it up, he wipes it off, he hands it to me like it's all OK. "What about the germs?" I say. He says, "I don't believe in germs. Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Now he's crazy, right? See? Ah! Ah! There's no right, there's no wrong, there's only popular opinion. You... you... you believe in germs, right?   
Last edited by Trick on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Re: Experts are back

Postby Trick on Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Bao wrote:
China had every reason to want to underplay the seriousness of the virus.

I can't see that they did. How and when? I don't think you can give a good answer. It was the WHO who underplayed it. Countries in the West don't want to listen to China or take information directly from them. They listen to the WHO, not on China. It wouldn't have mattered if China toned it down or tried to attack or warn countries harder.

But they actually did attack countries for not taking it seriously. They wanted the EU and WHO to condemn Sweden for not wanting to stop it and instead letting it run free in the country. The person in charge for handling the outbreak in China said that you can't gamble with people's like this, and that the virus is much to unpredictable to handle this way. Did Sweden listen? No, here they just laughed. And who was right??? China of course. And then everyone blame China. Ridiculous.

the virus has come along smewhat again in parts of china so its health code showing about everywhere one goes now. im currently in shanghai for a week and face mask wearing temperature taking and health code showing is all in play as its the most usual thing to conduct, however i saw one laowai out jogging without face mask, and passed past an bar wherein a couple of facemaskless laowais playing around
Last edited by Trick on Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Previous

Return to Off the Topic