Chauvin

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Chauvin

Postby marvin8 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Steve James wrote:You didn''t provide a link to anything about Owens. It led to another post. I thought you were talking about something that happened.

I provided a link that gave an "idea" of cancel culture—Owens being "fired" by the cancel culture using our example of "what might happen."

Steve James wrote:Actually, all you are doing is repeating yourself. "Cancel culture" won't/can't lead to a new trial.

I repeatedly replied to your comment. Cancel culture can lead to an overturned verdict on appeal:
marvin8 wrote:Excerpt from "Here's how Derek Chauvin could try to get verdict overturned on appeal:" ... Cancel culture could have prevented Chauvin from getting a fair trial. ...

Steve James wrote:And, you can't say justice was served but he didn't receive a fair trial.

One can say justice was served via the jury. However by law, he didn't receive a fair trial. Therefore, the verdict can be overturned on appeal.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:03 am

I provided a link that gave an "idea" of cancel culture—Owens being "fired" by the cancel culture using our example of "what might happen."

So, iow, it didn't happen. Your link was useless.

One can say justice was served via the jury. However by law, he didn't receive a fair trial.

Right. Sorry. I'm out. Like I said, he's guilty. He'll be guilty, and not because of cancel culture.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:38 pm

Speaking of cancel culture. I wonder what the right did to this man's career...

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:41 pm

It was his decision to step out of line, to step out of the formation... why should I care about him?
Quigga

Postby gzregorz on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Who says Americans don't do irony?
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:12 am

So your post was ironic? Are you American? I don't get it.

Cancel culture is just public shaming.

I'll stop wasting time debating online and focus on tangible results :) Thanks for the reality check.
Quigga

Postby gzregorz on Sat May 01, 2021 3:44 pm

This happened on April 19th.

https://youtu.be/AL2EkGo5C0M
Last edited by gzregorz on Sat May 01, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic