Chauvin

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Chauvin

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Here we go... jury is back....
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Chauvin

Postby gzregorz on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Justice!
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Not justice; just a conviction. The one thing that might make a difference is that it's unlikely for an officer to spend 9 minutes kneeling on a handcuffed suspect's neck. At least the jury decided that it wasn't the right thing to do, but imo it was kind of obvious.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm

I hear you Steve but I thought Chauvin was going to fo free. Seen it happen too many times.
Last edited by gzregorz on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Yeah, the tragedy was the expectatation that people would deny what they saw with their own eyes. However, that's why it's not an example showing that American "justice" works --any more than Obama's election demonstrated a post-racial America.

I'm not cynical, though. I just don't think anyone who was concerned about unwarranted police brutality is less concerned now. And, George Floyd is still dead. Maybe it wasn't completely in vain.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Kelley Graham on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Some good news. Maybe, just maybe, ubiquitous video will help rehabilitate our justice system.
Kelley Graham
Website - https://ucbprogram.com
Follow - https://ucb.social/@imklg
Kelley Graham
Administrator

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Not justice; just a conviction.

However, that's why it's not an example showing that American "justice" works

And, George Floyd is still dead.

I'm not cynical, though.

What could the court have done that would have been justice? The implication from these statements is nothing short of resurrection.

Is this justice, what those in Minneapolis think? Recorded yesterday, shortly before the verdict was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOy_b-H7FI

Ami: "By burning the whole city down, we'll teach them a lesson?"
Resident 1: "I think honestly, I'm all for burning it down."
Ami: "Another civil war in this country, in order for us to have justice?"
Resident 1: "If that's what it takes, then we have to do it."

Ami: "Should we eliminate the judicial system completely?"
Resident 2: "I'm going to go ahead and give you a flat rate answer: yes!"
Ami: How many white supremacists are in the country?
Resident 2: The majority are.

Ami: "Should we use street justice on white supremacists?"
Resident 3: "I don't want to say we need to start killing all white folks, but it's like, maybe they need to feel the pain and the hurt."
Last edited by Michael on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:29 pm

What could the court have done that would have been justice? The implication from these statements is nothing short of resurrection.

Like I said, it was a conviction, a verdict, and a small victory. But, you're asking my opinion of what the court (i.e., the justice system) could have done. Well, the court could have done more, such as increased the charges. Imo, Floyd's death was intentional. Afa resurrection, you're right, but the court couldn't do anything about that. However, justice for Floyd would have been Chauvin giving him first aid. Jmo.

Damn. I could look up some juicy comments from lots of people. But, I wouldn't use them to question you? Do you think Jews are evil? That's a complex question that assumes you might agree. So, I wouldn't ask you. However, I'll address the final comment of "Resident 3."

"I don't want to say we need to start killing all white folks, but it's like, maybe they need to feel the pain and the hurt."

Naw, maybe the answer speaks for itself.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:45 pm

Lookout there is an uprising brewing, best get the militia mobilized!

Same playbook, different generation
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Naw, maybe the answer speaks for itself.

I don't know if you're intentionally being cryptic, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you seem to be disagreeing with yourself and conceding the point.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:25 pm

but you seem to be disagreeing with yourself and conceding the point.

Hmm, explain my point.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Okay, here come the white supremacists.

So, you could just point out that you think that Chauvin was guilty (take your pick of charges), and state that it was justice served.

Or, you could pretend that you were talking about the case and post a video of some pretty extreme sentiments and pretend that they represent something relevant to the discussion in order to distract from the murder of a citizen by the police for what? (was there even a fake bill? would that matter?). Right-wing bootlicking at its finest.

Just spit out your racist, right-wing agenda, don't try to obfuscate. We can find far more cases of people posting BS about how F deserved to die, shouldn't have resisted, was poisoned by the car, etc...Give it a rest. You want to make it all about some imagined agenda. Congratulations, you repeat Ben Shapiro and Tucker talking points. You are an edgy
4chan reactionary. How is that even something to aspire to if you aren't an incel late 40's loser who can't make it happen?

You fake freedum dudes don't care about freedom and never really did. Gross.

Take your racist trolling and GTFO.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Corona really seem take a toll on the western mind causing it be more edgy than usual..Justice was made and no town burn down
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:17 am

“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - MLK
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:24 am

GrahamB wrote:“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - MLK

I agree. There's also karma.

Anyone read The Merchant of Venice lately?
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic