CDC Eases Mask Guidelines for Vaccinated People Outdoors

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

CDC Eases Mask Guidelines for Vaccinated People Outdoors

Postby meeks on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cdc-eases-mask-guidelines-for-vaccinated-people-outdoors/ar-BB1g6KKz?li=BBnb7Kz

I get a strong sense that a bunch of vaccine denying anti-maskers are going to be walking around claiming to suddenly be vaccinated
Last edited by meeks on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Re: CDC Eases Mask Guidelines for Vaccinated People Outdoors

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Or what if they actually start wearing masks to stick it to the man? ;D
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Or what if they actually start wearing masks to stick it to the man? ;D

Their current marching orders are to confront people wearing masks.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Good grief! ::)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 pm

It's a mistake but sadly we all will pay for it. I am still wearing my mask, although not as ofetn but I keep it close by.
COVID is a new in the sense of transmission and alot of X factors involved and you have too many people refusing to wear the mask, observe distance, etc so people (the masses) get a false view that since they are vaccinated, they are safe.
Oh well, we live and we learn, I think

Only Darwin will tells us the truth..survival of the fittest.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon May 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Aw, c'mon. People who didn't want to wear masks before just didn't. So, afa they are concerned, and their potential contribution to spreading the virus, this doesn't change anything.

Otoh, the CDC should have qualifed their recommendation. For ex., people with pre-existing conditions or who were considered susceptible to the virus before should continue doing what they've been doing.

But, then there's the obvious fact that just because people can remove their masks doesn't mean they will, especially in crowds, public transportation, etc. People who've taken the virus seriously from the start won't change. And, if they've been vaccinated, it'll still be the unvaccinated who are hit hardest.

Yeah, they'll be the hosts for the new variants. However, if the infection numbers increase, I'd rather have been vaccinated, and I'll still wear a mask BEcause I know there'll be pretenders. I'm just prepared to defend my right to wear a mask. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Tue May 18, 2021 5:46 pm

Interesting how where I am, the few times we've brought in restrictions, everyone just wears a mask. We've had a total of 1000 covid cases since it hit, and 9 deaths. 30,000 nationally, for 900 deaths.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue May 18, 2021 5:56 pm

yeniseri wrote:COVID is a new in the sense of transmission and alot of X factors involved and you have too many people refusing to wear the mask, observe distance, etc so people (the masses) get a false view that since they are vaccinated, they are safe.

Some back ground

How It Spreads
Both the flu and COVID-19 spread in similar ways. Droplets or smaller virus particles from a sick person can transmit the virus to other people nearby. The smallest particles may linger in the air, and another person can inhale them and become infected.

Or, people can touch a surface with viruses on it, and then transfer the germs to themselves by touching their face.

People infected with the coronavirus or the flu may not realize they are sick for several days, and during that time can unknowingly spread the disease to others before they even feel sick.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... vs-the-flu

So whats new, in the sense of transmission ?
Last edited by windwalker on Tue May 18, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue May 18, 2021 8:03 pm

windwalker wrote:
yeniseri wrote:COVID is a new in the sense of transmission and alot of X factors involved and you have too many people refusing to wear the mask, observe distance, etc so people (the masses) get a false view that since they are vaccinated, they are safe.

So whats new, in the sense of transmission ?

1. Age is affected by COVID per one's state of health (NOTE: I am adding that young people thought they could not catch it but a frequent spike about 1 month ago has slowly reiterated that non compliance is a big cause of 'severe' condition)
2. Comorbidities (known) with COVID makes COVID that much more dangerous.
3. It affects different ethnic groups in different manners. Add "minorities" with comorbidities (obesity, metabolic syndrome the precursoe to todays' chronic conditions leading to NIDDM type 2, hypertension, etc) with no access or limited access to health care services, then we have what we have.
4. A simple flu like condition can exacerbate conditions of the circulatory, cardiovascular or other systems due to underlying undiagnosed diseases and no ne will be the wiser as to why the disease did what it did!

The regular flu, even pre SARS was never like this in how people died when they could have taken 'simple' steps' to mitigate, at best the outcome of their condition. BUt if you see this as government interference, we get we get what we get per the death of 580,000 people who could have followed the protocol.

That is why I say that there are too many x factors in COVID and they are still working with it.
Last edited by yeniseri on Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 pm

yeniseri wrote:
The regular flu, even pre SARS was never like this in how people died when they could have taken 'simple' steps' to mitigate, at best the outcome of their condition. BUt if you see this as government interference, we get we get what we get per the death of 580,000 people who could have followed the protocol.

That is why I say that there are too many x factors in COVID and they are still working with it.

Thanks for the reply,

Just wondered what was different, didn't see much in what was presented as to the virus itself.

Number of deaths, if one looks at "death" counts it's quite high among other causes.

In 2019, 599,601 people died from cancer.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... r-n2588586
Last edited by windwalker on Tue May 18, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri May 21, 2021 1:30 am

It's absolutely insane that wearing a mask has become part of the culture war. Now if you wear a mask you're a democrat, and if you don't your a republican.

That's as dumb as a box of spanners.
Last edited by GrahamB on Fri May 21, 2021 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 pm

GrahamB wrote:It's absolutely insane that wearing a mask has become part of the culture war. Now if you wear a mask you're a democrat, and if you don't your a republican.

That's as dumb as a box of spanners.

This is not phrased quite right.

If you are a Republican you won't wear a mask because Republicans have politicized it. That's it.

Also, it is still unclear to me why people keep trying to downplay Covid by comparing it to other causes of death. Keep in mind these were the same people who have variously claimed it was just like the flu, or masks don't work, or the vaccine is dangerous, etc...

Even if such comparisons meant anything or made a logical argument (for what?), the death toll in the US alone is closer to a million according to the recent U Washington study. And, even if you dismiss that, the low ball recorded number of confirmed Covid deaths was the number one cause of death for several months beating out heart disease and cancer.

Now, as to the CDC, IMO they royally botched this and there will certainly be a spike in cases. Fortunately, it probably won't be horrible as the (still low) vaccination rate is already blunting spread.

The CDC has completely blown their credibility by lying about masks, then hiding data about Covid being airborne, and now with this ham-handed announcement that has fools like the TX governor threatening fines to stores who require masks.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 am

I think Arcade Fire summed this all up years ago:

"I'm living in an age
That calls darkness light
Though my language is dead
Still the shapes fill my head"
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB