Interesting

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Interesting

Postby Quigga on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:40 pm

You may only proceed with your name :)
Quigga

Postby Bhassler on Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 am

Doc Stier wrote:And I'm very impressed by how quickly the Admins of this site have rushed to resolve the problem. ::)

If they have their settings set to login automatically, they may not be aware of it.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:45 am

Same here - glad I haven't been placed on some kind of blacklist ;) . It's no big deal but somehow it does feel better to me if I can drop by and read anonymously and only log on if I want to say something or see if there are any PMs. I'm not sure why that actually is so, in terms of rationality, but that's how it feels.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:02 pm

I can't seem to read anything on my phone, even with logging in.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:16 pm

Iphone works fine. Are you on Android?
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:31 pm

Same here!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:41 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:08 am

the same here,
interesting -only on new hardware.
Old one, in my job works fine.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:52 pm

I'm on iPhone.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Weird. The iPhone i'm on works just fine.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:26 pm

As per Kelley Graham on fb, NSFW content and COPPA require age restrictive login.

Mystery solved.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:30 am

Today it's working on iPhone... it seems flaky. Sometimes I click on a heading and it will just ask me to log in again randomly.

I think it depends what mood Cthulhu is in...
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:41 am

Bhassler wrote:As per Kelley Graham on fb, NSFW content and COPPA require age restrictive login.

Mystery solved.

And

KelleyGraham wrote:yeah, no more lurking. the registration link works. with spam bots gumming up the process. it might take several days to approve new accounts.

Think it’s a bit weird that there’s no official announcement over this change. Also, now it says “this board has no forums.” which is confusing and makes people believe that the boards are all gone. There are always ways to show the boards on the main page but keep them locked. The simplest way is to just list them and link them manually to the sub boards while keeping it locked.

And I know that there are many forums that have open main boards and sub boards that are closed for members. So there must be better ways to solve this. I am not complaining now, I am happy that this place still exists and I have great respect for Kelley that keeps it alive. I understand that he is very busy and this is maybe the simplest solution. One of the problems is that people with think it’s gone. Another is that the discussions won’t show up in search engines and Google searches. So if we don’t solve this problem and divide the board into open and locked areas, people won’t find the RSF, there will be no new members and it will soon be gone.

I have no idea if Kelley or any admin will see this or reflect over these things. As there’s no official thread or announcement, there’s no official place to discuss or ask questions, so I can only assume that there’s no interest to change or improve anything regarding these matters.
Last edited by Bao on Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:00 am

Bao, I fully support your comments.
I think RSF is a good resource for the martial arts world in general, meaning also for people who read and enjoy stuff on the forums here and propagate information/viewpoints on through the world without having to become members and log in each time. I know, for example, that people in Germany read RSF from time and time and benefit from this in various ways, without wanting to actually join and participate.

I still don't really understand why an open-view RSF is (no longer) possible. ???
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:35 am

Bao wrote:I have no idea if Kelley or any admin will see this or reflect over these things. As there’s no official thread or announcement, there’s no official place to discuss or ask questions, so I can only assume that there’s no interest to change or improve anything regarding these matters.

Maybe a thread that has a title more relevant than "interesting" might help. Or a PM to Kelley. Or a tagged post on fb. Or...
Bhassler
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic