Loki [SPOILERS]

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Loki [SPOILERS]

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:44 am

Anybody watching? It's really good in a British Dr Who meets US Marvel sort of way.

...and Richard E Grant just turned up.

Last edited by GrahamB on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Loki

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:04 pm

Yeah. I watch. The characters are fun, and the inter-connections make it interesting. Episode 4 really made a difference -but losing (?) characters always does. The show is Bri-ish in that respect. There are surprises. I hope there are more than six more episodes; but, the multiverse is comng. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:30 pm

I think they gained more characters than they lost - did you see the mid end credits scene?
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh yeah, and I've watched the episode twice. I'm looking for Frog Thor, yo. :) What I meant was that it was a total surprise what happened to the guy who dreamed of jetskiing. The end credit scene added lots of uncertainties. But, then again, it's Loki we're talking about.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:40 pm

Yeah, I'm sure jet ski man will be back, I hope so anyway. We've assumed pruning means death, but now I'm not sure that is the case...

I watch them twice as well - they stand up to a second viewing nicely, and there are always hints and misdirects they put in that you only pick up on in a second viewing.

The multiverse is coming!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Loki [SPOILERS]

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:19 am

Yeah, it's a mobius strip with branches. It's smart from a narrative perspective. They can see which character or plot line is popular, and then follow it. I wonda where it will lead. It'll be strange to find out.
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Loki [SPOILERS]

Postby GrahamB on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:00 am

I see you are burdened with glorious purpose!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic