Bodhidharma's Blood & Pulse Treatise

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Bodhidharma's Blood & Pulse Treatise

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:41 am

blood and pulse is explained as DNA in modern terms.
and Jiang hu is a short form of jiang xi and hu nan, the location of 2 famous Zen masters in China.
dont know about you but just the preface knock me out
i'm sorry in chinese only
cheers
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: Bodhidharma's Blood & Pulse Treatise

Postby Overlord on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Congratulations Strange!
I was praying you step across.

老豆,法師所言,明心見性,為是境界,還是心態?
如我忖思,明心見性,應是心態,非有奇幻,特殊境界。
如是如是。楞嚴經言,見見之時,見非是見,即是如此。
老豆,如汝所言,明心見性,乃是心態,如何修行,常保真如?
雖是心態,常有陋習,如在夢中,忘己真如,不知自性,明心見體,雖是心態,修成善習,轉識成智。
如是,如是。既得了義。共渡彼岸。
Overlord

Postby Strange on Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks Andy
I'm just admiring the clear and passionate speaking of the Fashi
I understand what he is saying
but i am old enough to understand that its of no use to understand the words.
nevertheless, one must surely start somewhere

also, the Fashi said that this should not be "religionised" really resonate with me
as i think that taoist and buddhist teachings should not be religionised, ceremonialised, or codified...
alll these are to impress people, missing on the real objective of the teachings
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

No. one should not ritualise the cultivation.
One is to remind oneself one’s true nature.
反聞聞自性。
Overlord

Postby Strange on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:41 am

Sixth Patriarch brought me here :D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm

I'm curious about why a Chinese language video with Chinese character subtitles, and subsequent posts in Chinese characters, were posted here knowing that the vast majority of viewers are probably unable to understand any of it? :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 pm

That's the $64K question. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:44 pm

well, gents, its posted in Off The Topic
so you would not be missing much, there's no kungfu in it

there's a ton of things i don't have a clue about in posts by other forum members
but don't feel the need to ask why it is posted here (just look at me and jimmy...we get along just fine)
as to why it is done here.... go figure

if you are feeling really bothered by it, and have a nagging notion that Strange would not post something totally useless
why not take the positive step of learning chinese
Last edited by Strange on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:58 pm

Doc Stier wrote:I'm curious about why a Chinese language video with Chinese character subtitles, and subsequent posts in Chinese characters, were posted here knowing that the vast majority of viewers are probably unable to understand any of it? :-\

The post is about Chinese Zen school- a share to people who understand Chinese.
By that you don’t have to be a Chinese. My senior is a Jew and he translated Shurangama Sutra into English in his Uni day.
It’s like learning Italian dish if you don’t speak Italian, it’s harder to get authentic flavor like Gordon Ram-say. And he is proud of his pasta. ;D
Overlord

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:18 pm

I see. You guys consider yourselves to be the elite, erudite scholar warriors among us. Got it. I am so advised. LOL ;D
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm

if you say so, Doc, if you say so
I have stopped living on the opinions/labels/categories of others long ago
cheers
Last edited by Strange on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Doc Stier wrote:I see. You guys consider yourselves to be the elite, erudite scholar warriors among us. Got it. I am so advised. LOL ;D

You misunderstood. It’s like tasting sugar, how can you taste it without using your tongue?
Bodhidharma was not Chinese but he wrote the treatise in Chinese, how can you taste his intentions easily with English. It’s just common sense. Unless someone linguistically talented and understood treatise well help you, it’s just very hard even for a lot of Chinese speakers.

:)
Overlord

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:57 pm

I'm reading Finnegan Wake in Esperanto. What's a 100 letter word for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!?
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:21 pm

Overlord wrote:You misunderstood. It’s like tasting sugar, how can you taste it without using your tongue?
Bodhidharma was not Chinese but he wrote the treatise in Chinese, how can you taste his intentions easily with English. It’s just common sense. Unless someone linguistically talented and understood treatise well help you, it’s just very hard even for a lot of Chinese speakers. :)

With all due respect, I think I understand quite well. Since it is highly probable that many, if not most, visitors to this public forum don't speak or read Chinese, to not include an English translation struck me as more than a bit snobbish and pretentious. :o

Additionally, some of the subsequent replies regarding the OP are quite condescending in tone and content, as if talking down to the vast sea of unwashed masses who are beneath you in every way for lacking Chinese language and literacy skills. In any case, ego aggrandizement is clearly its own sole reward. ::)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 pm

Doc Stier wrote:
Overlord wrote:You misunderstood. It’s like tasting sugar, how can you taste it without using your tongue?
Bodhidharma was not Chinese but he wrote the treatise in Chinese, how can you taste his intentions easily with English. It’s just common sense. Unless someone linguistically talented and understood treatise well help you, it’s just very hard even for a lot of Chinese speakers. :)

With all due respect, I think I understand quite well. Since it is highly probable that many, if not most, visitors to this public forum don't speak or read Chinese, to not include an English translation struck me as more than a bit snobbish and pretentious. :o

Additionally, some of the subsequent replies regarding the OP are quite condescending in tone and content, as if talking down to the vast sea of unwashed masses who are beneath you in every way for lacking Chinese language and literacy skills. In any case, ego aggrandizement is clearly its own sole reward. ::)

Basically this Treatise is talking about the true nature of our mind, it’s like your nature to see, it’s neither wan or wax because of what you see. Similarly the nature of our awareness is neither wan or wax by others ego. It’s there beginningless and endless. However, our habits delusion us into the great illusions. Bit like Matrix the movie.

For real benefit, it be good to understand Chinese and hear the Fashi out. Cheers.
Last edited by Overlord on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Next

Return to Off the Topic