Afghanistan

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Afghanistan

Postby Strange on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: Afghanistan

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:40 am

The US was never in a war against Afghanistan, or even the Taliban. We were on one side of a civil war that is ongoing.

The PRC would have a better chance than most, butt the cost would offset the gain. Better to get mining concessions in exchange for humanitarian aid.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 pm

This singular focus on the warpath, without regard to the past lessons of history; boggles my mind
I mean all could have learnt.... but no. The tremendous loss of life in both military and civilian sides
is really regrettable.
In the end, Afghanistan is still Afghanistan.

Sure, one can argue that progress has been made, but the question is for just how long and will it continue
Personally, i have my doubts
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:51 pm

Afghanistan is a beautiful country. Though I was deployed for 1 year (Bagram, Parwan Province/Charikar), I got to know the people and work with many people (Pushtin, Tajik, Uzbek, Druze, Kurd (affiliated wuth Yuksel, a Turkish construction concern) and I realized the "pawn state" that Afghanistan has become. It was US interests that gave BnLaden weapons to destroy the Russians and then the Afghans turned it on US interests. It did not help that US tried to secure oil interets but that fell to the wayside and we will pay for that. The lies never stop with war! My hero General Smedley Butler put it in a nutshell but with today's political climate, he might not have said anything because we failed to understand it so we repeat the same mistakes. It never ends!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 pm

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic