Have covid vaccines made things worse + nose breathing

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Have covid vaccines made things worse + nose breathing

Postby emptycloud on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:You will never be able to force me to take vitamin D! That's clearly a tyrannical power play and a direct assault on my FREEDOM!

--insert ad hominem--

Too late Ian, you are already vitamin D dependant. Admit it you just can't get enough.
emptycloud

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Been taking extra vitamin D since the pandemic began.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Pfizer cooking the books..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THv33zWykJc

Rich
emptycloud

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:49 am

GrahamB wrote:I think you just made this whole forum dumber by posting that.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/1-in-4-ho ... eli-study/

Rich
emptycloud

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:48 am

Don't we already have a thread for anti-vaxxers, chi blasters, and otherwise "independent" thinkers?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Don't we already have a thread for anti-vaxxers, chi blasters, and otherwise "independent" thinkers?

Ian, do try to stay on topic. We are discussing the role and importance of Vit D as an essential component of our innate immunity against covid. No one is talking about anti vax, chi blasts or presenting out there "Independent' thought.

If you have nothing but tish-tosh to offer - piss off..

Rich
emptycloud

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm

emptycloud wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Don't we already have a thread for anti-vaxxers, chi blasters, and otherwise "independent" thinkers?

Ian, do try to stay on topic. We are discussing the role and importance of Vit D as an essential component of our innate immunity against covid. No one is talking about anti vax, chi blasts or presenting out there "Independent' thought.

If you have nothing but tish-tosh to offer - piss off..

Rich

I'm can't tell if you are serious or taking the piss. You just posted a video attacking the validity of vaccines. So, yes, anti-vax. And, what did that have to do with vitamin D?

Now, as for the next post, did it occur to you to ask what percentage of the general population is vitamin D deficient? In other words, while I don't doubt that it is not optimal to be low on vitamin D, there is no evidence supporting a causal relationship between low vitamin D and covid death. Correlation is not causation, and all that jazz.

Also, the general narrative being forwarded here is: take vitamin D and not vaccines, because you can't trust the vaccine data, but look at this (slipshod and inconclusive) data about vitamins! Yup, just like climate denialists don't like to admit they are climate skeptics, anti-vaxxers often deny they are antivaxxsers. Nothing new.

My personal advice would be to see if you are D deficient, and, if you are, take a supplement (D3 is good). But, first and foremost, get your vaccine and don't fight to convince others not to. That makes you a piece of shit.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:51 pm

What he said.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby emptycloud on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:50 am

"I'm can't tell if you are serious or taking the piss. You just posted a video attacking the validity of vaccines. So, yes, anti-vax. And, what did that have to do with vitamin D?

Now, as for the next post, did it occur to you to ask what percentage of the general population is vitamin D deficient? In other words, while I don't doubt that it is not optimal to be low on vitamin D, there is no evidence supporting a causal relationship between low vitamin D and covid death. Correlation is not causation, and all that jazz.

Also, the general narrative being forwarded here is: take vitamin D and not vaccines, because you can't trust the vaccine data, but look at this (slipshod and inconclusive) data about vitamins! Yup, just like climate denialists don't like to admit they are climate skeptics, anti-vaxxers often deny they are antivaxxsers. Nothing new.

My personal advice would be to see if you are D deficient, and, if you are, take a supplement (D3 is good). But, first and foremost, get your vaccine and don't fight to convince others not to. That makes you a piece of shit."

Greetings Ian

Correct, the video had nothing to do with vitamin D. However it certainly wasn't anti vax. The Dr who posted the video on his channel has done more than most to assure the public as to the urgency with which vaccination should be taken up by adults.

He is also a great proponent of Vitamin D supplementation and would probably argue that there is mounting clinical evidence that sub optimal levels of vitamin D does correlate with premature and serious covid illness.

The evidence for vitamin D as a covid preventive is far from slip shod. Here is another video from the Dr discussing the science of vitamin d, covid and some stats about the number of folks deficient in vitamin d...the numbers are big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv4iINxf4IM

I am double vaxxed with Pfizer drug. I posted the video about the whistle blower as I am interested in any short comings during the development of the drug which may impact on my health. The company has immunity against and civil action brought against them for side effects but not if their testing and research has been fudged. Lets not forget Pfizer hold the record for the largest health care fraud in history, they are repeat offenders. This is a separate issue agreed.

I don't think my narrative is take vitamin d and not the vaccine. My narrative is, if you live in the UK assume that you are probably vitamin D deficient, Vit D is proving, clinically, to play an important role in covid survival and recovery. My second point would be to breath through your nose. I would also throw in regular salt water gargle.. simple things that hedge ones ability to thrive during the pandemic.

Look at Israel, the most vaccinated country on Earth, they are on to their 4th booster, and are now looking seriously at the role of vitamin d and covid illness.

https://febs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/do ... febs.15495

Whether someone takes the vaccine or not is non of my business. I am pro vaccine personally. But I am also very pro Vit D3, nose breathing and salt water gargle as highly effective preventatives against covid, along with sensible life choices...

and out....Rich..
Last edited by emptycloud on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:16 am

The problem here, of course, is that there is a very widespread narrative that you only need to be healthy as opposed to taking a vaccine. And, one of the major recurring focal points of this narrative is vitamin D. So, you can play around it all you want, but to ignore the context is to ignore the reality.

Yup, just like climate denialists don't like to admit they are climate skeptics, anti-vaxxers often deny they are anti-vaxxers. Nothing new.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic