What is woke anyway

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:20 pm

emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:31 pm

emptycloud wrote:is pedophilia woke..?

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/non-b ... egitimized


Rich


No, it's the opposite.

But, aside from the fact that you are just strawmanning, you didn't even bother looking at other sources or the actual interview in which Walker concludes that pedophilia is child abuse and that it is never okay. The controversial comments, which I don't agree with, are more about thought crimes.

Okay, so we have established that you either don't know what woke means, or, more likely, you want to make things up because you don't have a real argument. Maybe start with something simple, like Wikipedia. Then read some history instead of watching reactionary Youtubers and bogus news sites.

By the way, if you look at the other stories by the author of your article, they are almost all anti-vax. Hmm...
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Naw, but if someone's against child sex trafficking, child pornography, or child rape, they're woke. Oh, and if they're against child marriage, that's woke too. And, let's not forget polygamy and incest. Only woke people are against that.

Of course, in case, woke just means awareness that these things are crimes.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 20349
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
emptycloud wrote:is pedophilia woke..?

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/non-b ... egitimized


Rich


No, it's the opposite.

But, aside from the fact that you are just strawmanning, you didn't even bother looking at other sources or the actual interview in which Walker concludes that pedophilia is child abuse and that it is never okay. The controversial comments, which I don't agree with, are more about thought crimes.

Okay, so we have established that you either don't know what woke means, or, more likely, you want to make things up because you don't have a real argument. Maybe start with something simple, like Wikipedia. Then read some history instead of watching reactionary Youtubers and bogus news sites.

By the way, if you look at the other stories by the author of your article, they are almost all anti-vax. Hmm...


Its a curious thing here in the UK as we have to be vigilant, the left wing have a track record of trying to legitimise pedophilia... the right wing just stay hush..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophil ... n_Exchange

You still flogging that anti vax line.. I'm double jabbed, will probably do a booster.... we'll be lucky if anyone gets out of this life alive.

Rich
emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:27 pm

You still flogging that anti vax line.. I'm double jabbed, will probably do a booster.... we'll be lucky if anyone gets out of this life alive.


Well, it keeps coming up.

Can't comment much on pro-pedo movements. I don't know anything about them. Sounds like the opposite of progressivism, though. I know pedophilia is a pervasive problem in the most conservative societies and organizations in the world, though.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
You still flogging that anti vax line.. I'm double jabbed, will probably do a booster.... we'll be lucky if anyone gets out of this life alive.


Well, it keeps coming up.

Can't comment much on pro-pedo movements. I don't know anything about them. Sounds like the opposite of progressivism, though. I know pedophilia is a pervasive problem in the most conservative societies and organizations in the world, though.


https://medium.com/lucid-nightmare/will ... c966b1ca3c

I haven't read this yet.. because my internet cessation alarm has dinged..
emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby GrahamB on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:04 pm

"Its a curious thing here in the UK as we have to be vigilant, the left wing have a track record of trying to legitimise pedophilia... the right wing just stay hush.."

As somebody who lives in the UK can I just say that this is total bullshit and Jordan Peterson-inspired fever dream trying to pretend that the actions of a tiny minority somehow represent left wing opinions.

The most notorious pedo we've had in the UK was TV presenter Jimmy Savile who was fiends with Margret Thatcher. She wasn't very left wing.

Why do you keep bringing up pedophilia? Is it to distract from the arguments you're losing elsewhere?
Last edited by GrahamB on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 12866
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby oragami_itto on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:44 pm

emptycloud wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
You still flogging that anti vax line.. I'm double jabbed, will probably do a booster.... we'll be lucky if anyone gets out of this life alive.


Well, it keeps coming up.

Can't comment much on pro-pedo movements. I don't know anything about them. Sounds like the opposite of progressivism, though. I know pedophilia is a pervasive problem in the most conservative societies and organizations in the world, though.


https://medium.com/lucid-nightmare/will ... c966b1ca3c

I haven't read this yet.. because my internet cessation alarm has dinged..


That's a fallacy two-for-one deal, straw man AND slippery slope. Well done.
"Never met a word that I wouldn't like a weapon just brandish."
- El-Producto
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Okay, so by sharing such a specifically tailored (and ridiculous) essay from Medium, we now can confirm that Rich is just searching out material to support his reactionary presuppositions. I mean, it was already obvious, but is now confirmed.

Why don't conservatives and algorithm educated folks realize that you can find anything you want on the internet? Oh, wait...never mind.

At least Quigga made it clear he doesn't deserve a direct response up front. Rich was dishonest in pretending to seek out answers. He already has them all--albeit the wrong ones. Good luck, and hope you don't actually teach people in any formal capacity. You'd only be doing harm just like your heroes.

Peace out.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:52 am

GrahamB wrote:"Its a curious thing here in the UK as we have to be vigilant, the left wing have a track record of trying to legitimise pedophilia... the right wing just stay hush.."

As somebody who lives in the UK can I just say that this is total bullshit and Jordan Peterson-inspired fever dream trying to pretend that the actions of a tiny minority somehow represent left wing opinions.

The most notorious pedo we've had in the UK was TV presenter Jimmy Savile who was fiends with Margret Thatcher. She wasn't very left wing.

Why do you keep bringing up pedophilia? Is it to distract from the arguments you're losing elsewhere?


Hi Graham,

As of 2015 the number of convicted Labour Party Councillors and activists convicted for crimes against children stood at 66.

https://labour25.com/labour25/

For the record I have only ever voted Labour and have in the past actively encouraged other to do the same.

Savile as you know was beyond pedophilia (necrophilia) and took full advantage of the sexual liberal climate of the 70's that his employers the BBC seemed to tolerate and perhaps even encourage. He was "friends" with many people, and effectively groomed all who came into his sphere. Politics for Savile was a means to an end and not an ideological determination.

As for losing arguments. I wasn't aware that I am even having an argument.

I brought up pedophilia to stress test the boundaries of woke. As some one who was trained in avant garde theory/practice, its natural to travel immediately in search of the outer limits of any subject until breakpoint, and then work back towards a possible centre.

Here in sunny Scotland we have a concerted effort by the SNP/Green alliance to push trans-sexual ideology on to Primary 1 children. But hey it only a minority in the party, so whats the big deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drag ... -37lzv6f5z

https://wingsoverscotland.com/brenda-isnt-a-sheep/

yours feverishly minded

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:15 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Okay, so by sharing such a specifically tailored (and ridiculous) essay from Medium, we now can confirm that Rich is just searching out material to support his reactionary presuppositions. I mean, it was already obvious, but is now confirmed.

Why don't conservatives and algorithm educated folks realize that you can find anything you want on the internet? Oh, wait...never mind.

At least Quigga made it clear he doesn't deserve a direct response up front. Rich was dishonest in pretending to seek out answers. He already has them all--albeit the wrong ones. Good luck, and hope you don't actually teach people in any formal capacity. You'd only be doing harm just like your heroes.

Peace out.


Hi Ian,

I'm little long in tooth to have heroes. I thought the Medium article articulated some interesting points. Why not have pedophiles openly supported as an oppressed group ?.

The thing I actually like about the internet is precisely that you can find "stuff" to support or undermine any stand point. It seems that folks on this thread think I am trying to win something, like an argument. I enjoy pushing boundaries, exploring limits, seeking out breaking points.

As for teaching people things. Fortunately as Neo Situationist/Post Modern Proletariat I abandoned any conventional means of employment years ago - "never work".

I am currently self employed within climate change activism and as a property developer, that's all I can say about that, and that is already too much..

If I was pushed to provide a standpoint on where I stand as regards truth this comes video close. Hi Ian,

I'm little long in tooth to have heroes. I thought the Medium article articulated some interesting points. Why not have pedophiles openly supported as an oppressed group ?.

The thing I actually like about the internet is precisely that you can find "stuff" to support or undermine any stand point. It seems that folks on this thread think I am trying to win something, like an argument. I enjoy pushing boundaries, exploring limits, seeking out breaking points.

As for teaching people things. Fortunately as Neo Situationist/Post Modern Proletariat I abandoned any conventional means of employment years ago - "never work".

I am currently self employed within climate change activism and as a property developer, that all I can say about that, and that is already to much..

If I was pushed to provide a standpoint on where I stand as regards truth this video comes close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Vx2NcGWgo&t=11s

enjoy your day or not, your choice, obviously.

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:58 am

Well, the Catholic Church is famous for pedophilia.

It's true that you're not offering an argument about the topic you brought up. You said you'd speak to teens and report back. It's dishonest and not arguing in good faith. You do think you know what woke means, but you're making up the definition. So, woke means supporting pedophilia. Sure, and Jews and Hillary eat Christian babies. Somewhere on the internet someone is saying that or has.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 20349
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:32 am

Steve James wrote:Well, the Catholic Church is famous for pedophilia.

It's true that you're not offering an argument about the topic you brought up. You said you'd speak to teens and report back. It's dishonest and not arguing in good faith. You do think you know what woke means, but you're making up the definition. So, woke means supporting pedophilia. Sure, and Jews and Hillary eat Christian babies. Somewhere on the internet someone is saying that or has.



The rules of woke
I believe people can identify however they please as long as doing so causes no harm to others.
I believe that attacking someone based on this identification or immutable trait is ethically and morally wrong.
Any group of people who share this trait and experience disadvantage as a result are a marginalised group and are therefore oppressed.
It is morally unacceptable to oppress people and we must always stand up for marginalised groups.
Anyone who attempts to stop marginalised group or discuss any changes they demand are oppressive and should be cancelled.

I will go with theses guidelines as to the rules of woke until upgraded.

The teen talk didn't pan out to hopefully for the wokefull. They were primarily interested in breaking into an abandoned building to consume drugs and vandalise the property. They are complex bunch. None had even heard the term woke. Drugs, sex and violence, oh and football. That seems mostly what they are looking to experience.

If pedophiles aren't openly supported by society then the problems remains underground and repressed and as Freud pointed out repression isn't always a good thing. Perhaps woke give this marginalised identity a chance to redeem itself in a therapeutic and wholesome way.

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
emptycloud

 

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:24 am

Hmm, I'm interested in the idea of rules here. Seems like some of them are beliefs while others are behaviors. But, do you think that someone needs to fulfill all those rules in order to be woke? For example:

I believe people can identify however they please as long as doing so causes no harm to others.
I believe that attacking someone based on this identification or immutable trait is ethically and morally wrong.


Let's condense and reverse.
"Do you believe that attacking someone based on how they identify themselves is morally right?"

Same thing with your next premises.
"Is it morally acceptable to oppress people?"
"Must we always stand up for marginalised groups?"

Anyone who attempts to stop marginalised group or discuss any changes they demand are oppressive and should be cancelled.


Hmm, I'd replace marginalised with oppressed. The oppression is what causes the marginalization in the first place. I understand that the way you use it pedophiles are "marginalised." So, if someone woke defends a bully beating up a gay classmate, it means he would do the same for a pedophile. I think that's wrong.

Anyway, there's this theory going around that the right-wing's fetish for finding pedophiles on the left is the lady protesting too much. Anyway, I appreciate the definition --though it's still not mine. And, I have to admit I'm almost 100% woke. I believe it's morally right and an obligation to fight for the oppressed. How to determine who's oppressed and what oppression is? Hard to say, but I don't consider pedophiles to be oppressed. I think they should be jailed.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 20349
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: What is woke anyway

Postby GrahamB on Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:52 am

Hi Graham,

As of 2015 the number of convicted Labour Party Councillors and activists convicted for crimes against children stood at 66.

https://labour25.com/labour25/


Rich if you keep linking to these far right conspiracy websites I can't take you seriously.

Link to a reputable new source. It's not much to ask.

Cheers,
Graham
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 12866
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests