Woman can see 100 million colors

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Woman can see 100 million colors

Postby Trip on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:58 am

One of our most popular episodes of all time was our Colors episode, where we introduced you to a sea creature that could see a rainbow far beyond what humans can experience.

Peacock mantis shrimps are as extraordinary as they are strange and boast what may well be the most complicated visual system in the world. They each have 16 photoreceptors compared to our measly three. But recently researchers in Australia put the mantis shrimps’ eyes to the test only to discover that sure, they can SEE lots of colors, but that doesn't mean they can tell them apart.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/episodes/211119-colors
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/rippin-the-rainbow-an-even-newer-one
Trip
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Trip wrote:Radiolab has had some very interesting podcast

Good stuff! There's also the sub hues, in particular in English, Orange.

https://lithub.com/color-or-fruit-on-th ... of-orange/

Which is what I think of when I listen to this song
https://youtu.be/MOdFQloocLg

It's funny how most of us can't think of something till someone else thinks it first. Or see things till they have words to describe it. Humanity is a trip.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:42 pm

"Lateralus
Tool

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn beyond the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend"

See? NO BLUE! I think that proves it.

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:23 pm

everything wrote:oh wow, any idea how she realized she could do that? I imagine as a kid, she just assumed everyone else could see the same colors.

Oh, did you ask me? About my mother? Idk. She went to an arts school and found that she was exceptionally good with colors. It was there they advertised that they needed someone who was good with colors. So she took a test. They had looked for a match for several years before finding someone. So she was a bit special in that regard. She never spoke about it. She was a very humble person who didn’t like to speak about herself.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:10 am

yeniseri wrote:I have a weird sense of humour but I was watching a movie about the "blind" samurai ( a recent version) and as he was leaving the house where he was ambushed and he vanquished his 'enemies", (the movie was ending) he passed by a fence and stubbed his toe(s) over an obstacle and he excalimed "OOps, I didn't see that" and the movie ended. I just broke into riotious laughter

Sounds like the Beat Takeshi version of 'Zatoichi' from 2003? I saw that in the theater, I thought it was pretty well done.

I've always thought that birds probably are have vision good enough that they are able to see wind currents in the air similar to the way that humans can see waves in the water.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:41 pm

Bao wrote:
everything wrote:oh wow, any idea how she realized she could do that? I imagine as a kid, she just assumed everyone else could see the same colors.

Oh, did you ask me? About my mother? Idk. She went to an arts school and found that she was exceptionally good with colors. It was there they advertised that they needed someone who was good with colors. So she took a test. They had looked for a match for several years before finding someone. So she was a bit special in that regard. She never spoke about it. She was a very humble person who didn’t like to speak about herself.

yes was asking you, sorry we don't really have a good @Bao kind of thing. I'm curious because I don't have a "super power". Even if she was humble about it, it must've been interesting. not to be way too hippie about it, but to bring it back to qigong, I think some people more naturally "feel more vibrations more easily". probably they have some talent in some way it's hard to even know about. The way we wouldn't really know someone sees more colors or sees green as orange. Human brains are something.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic