Qing Gong

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Qing Gong

Postby Quigga on Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:56 am

One question Wayne. Do you think there's a point in training where one does reverse breathing all the time? Every time I tried it, it fucked me up. Curious what you have to say.
Quigga

Postby Giles on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:56 am

posted in wrong thread
Last edited by Giles on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:00 am

I learnt 4 types of breathing in the forms
Reverse breathing was mainly in my noi gung work
I see a lot of people try reverse and just start chest breathing
I normally don’t do it but sometimes it just takes over by itself
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:20 am

Quigga wrote:storing is the wrong term IMO. I like accumulating better, or rather increasing the volume of a body of fluid, while simultaneously increasing the flow of that liquid in terms of volume and speed. You don't fill and then lock the containers. It's more of... installing better pumps (or gradually training them) and increasing the total amount of fluid in the connected reservoirs.

As for trying to squeeze energy out via contracting specific muscles... Just connect other people to your flow and then move. Don't worry about squeezing.

That’s what she said.

Just kidding. Despite the double meaning or maybe more so because of it, that’s really well said.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:54 am

Thanks

Yeah, it was too much tension in the chest that messed me up
Quigga

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:08 am

Revers/remove the tension by closing anus.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:24 am

By the way you're totally right. The tension required to pull everything up is bigger than I thought. Also you need to have lots of room in your chest shoulders ribs spine sternum clavicles... Diapghram also needs to be trained.

Heart was Fire, right. Fire was up? Or outwards? Depends on how you want to see it. But in this case, more up definitely helps.

IMO yin is metal/water - magnetic, yang is wood/fire -electric. So put your mind in the 'one' state, get the two y y , distribute among the 3 D's, split into 4 cartographic elements (or cardinal directions) but without earth, then put earth in as outcome of balancing the previous 4 perfectly, resulting in 5 wuxing elements with human in the middle as grand balancer of forces.

Then fly away with 6, reach the seven stars eventually - drastically increasing flow of crown chakra with all karmic consequences and responsibilities (I'm a huge dumbass and made big mistakes but hey) 7777, cross the void and breach infinity with 8 closing the samsaric circle. In 8 you're lost though, what planet was this? Saturn I guess. 8 ducks you up, youre totally dead man. Not fun. Then with 9 you accept that you've died already and find complete freedom and liberation in that. Nothing can touch you no more, you saw and felt all there is. Meditation connects you to the flow of humanity, so eventually you get to experience all of it. Then learn from it ofc.

8 was Bagua. Quite complicated to make horoscope etc

9 was palaces. One who passed all 8 gates may reside in the finest of palaces

9 is dealing with ultimate burden and responsibilities for all that is. But still on individual level. Learning not yet done, but a whole other view

What does it mean to rule, what does it mean to serve
What is a good ruler
An accurate one, HAHAHA
So lots of insight and penetrating emotional awareness required
People want a benevolent ruler
Yet you know the story of the too nitpicky orderly monk who cleaned his garden to so called perfection everyday
Then a bum came around and Messed it up, called it perfect
Pick your side, but It binds you!!!

10 is the culmination of 9

I'm a bum getting clean
Quigga

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:19 pm

:) wow,
I prefer more simpler version:
Just breath, while keepin` mirror as the mind.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Clog in large intestine may give tension in the lungs .
There is energetic connection, you know.
so
enema could be the answer.
twice a day: 5 AM, and 7PM.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:32 pm

It would be interesting to see what people think the purpose of reverse breathing is
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 pm

flip the coin -oldman-
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:50 pm

wayne hansen wrote:It would be interesting to see what people think the purpose of reverse breathing is

Indeed. Why not start with yourself? What do YOU think the purpose of reverse breathing is? :)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:57 pm

I would like to hear a few others before I throw in my 2 cents worth
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:41 am

Let it bee - shot no1:
in beginning point I worked intentionally, for better/easier, understanding of the internal flow.
Now, I switching unintentionally between them.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:48 am

I again agree with you wisiek.

Some stuff you train and then you let it be, let it amplify your being and abilities. I.e. it's impossible to have a traditional bodybuilder pump for 24 hours, but if you get a good one the effects can be felt and take place, the change is happening.

Usually I'm a fan of keeping application and practice very close, but it's all a question of what you want to get out of your training.

RB can have many benefits, yet it just 'breath' too. Try to hold it, force it, place unnatural pattern on it, will only hurt you mid-long term.

Breathing school has many components.

Expand back through rounding head to tail bone to toes and heels, breath in, suck in root and stomach vacuum to push even more body Material to the back. Same thing with all sides, adjust movement accordingly.

Can be used for training breath capacity, VO2 max, ingest more Qi rapidly.

Can be used to forcefully stretch spine out completely. Natural in a sense only that it's done temporary and with purpose.

Also for some iron body, White Crane, Qing Gong

Also to enter interesting mind states. Don't get hooked though. Lots of cults like to use not good breathing methods to put person into """interesting""" states. Beginner then notices lots of sensations WOA WOA WOA I must be doing smth right. No, bad idea. Don't do this if you're a teacher. If I catch you, you will get friendly greeting from me.

Box breathing is cool. There are nice pranayama apps.

I tried the 'lift yourself with as little movement visible from outside', swing arms upwards exercises. Quite happy with first results.

Generally speaking, RB puts a lot more juice in you. So first is important to find Yin, to stretch it out, clean. Then after some work is done, you can add such techniques and go for second round of stretching and cleansing. Strength comes naturally when 'applying resistance to something' by keeping correct feeling. Needs to be trained, though.

You find Yin, you find Yang, put both together, let the dynamic supercharge and change you. (No dynamic without potential conflict. Not easy process)

Lots of ways to fuck yourself up. My life is good example of that so far. But at least I got something out of it, that's cool

Right now at stage of further 'soaking' myself. Increase flow and volume of all cavities. Most difficult are emotions to be processed. Letting go become essential - nother play on words, hehehe

Also cutting cords that attach LDT rn. Ilio sacral, tail bone, Kwa, hips, pelvis as a whole. When done, results in all movements being 'stretch without stretch'.

One guy I like told me: there can be lots of tension in what seems from outside a very relaxed posture. The nature of tension is important. Facile strength. Tension and no tension are still yin yang, so nothing special. See tendon change classics and connecting of sinews + bones. See 'apparently collapsed frame exerts tremendous force'.

Let's see where journey goes
Quigga

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic