Russia Ukraine Situation

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Russia Ukraine Situation

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDt2NWmlV4

For those having problems understanding what a "special operations" means in the context of military strategies.

The professor covers this, outlining the number of soldiers used, strategies and objectives.

Comparing the differences to a country trying to occupy and take over another country vs
one with limited objectives...

ie "special operation"
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:28 am

windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:53 pm

Excellent interview with German Journalist Alina Lipp, well worth watching.

Germany criminalizes journalist for exposing Ukrainian war crimes

Independent Donetsk-based journalist Alina Lipp of Germany speaks to Max Blumenthal about being prosecuted by the German state for violating new speech codes through her reporting in the breakaway Donetsk Republic. As the only German reporter on the ground in Donetsk, Lipp has exposed Ukrainian forces shelling civilians, attacking a maternity ward, mining harbors, and bombing a granary filled with corn for export. She faces three years in prison if she returns to her home country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-1qhGvbu4

... and some more insight of what the Ukrainians are doing every day ...
‘My granddaughter was torn into pieces’ | 10yo girl killed by Ukrainian shelling
https://odysee.com/@RT:fd/girl-killed-donetsk:6

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:01 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:58 am

yea,
Ukrainians are fuckin` nazi,
nuke them all! -nuke-

don`t forget about north Nazi wing , don`t left Americans untouched, their stupid nazi`s ass deserved kicks as well... -dighole-

when dust will drop down
fresh air
fulfill burned lungs
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:30 am

and
even better , than Nazi news:

internationalaffairs.co
Russia says its losing the war because of Ukraine’s ‘mutant soldiers’
10:19 AM · 25 lip 2022

:o :-*
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:06 am

Hmm, I just had to look up the mutant soldiers story :). It kind of fits with the Nazi stuff because Hitler's blitzkrieger's were hopped up on speed. Actually, meth would be enough explanation, but it seems they went further.

Konstantin Kosachev, the deputy speaker of Russia’s Federation Council, and Irina Yarovaya, deputy chair of the State Duma, touted what they described as bombshell findings from the “investigation.”

Testing of Ukrainian POWs’ blood, they claimed, uncovered “a range of diseases” that suggest they were secretly experimented on “for military purposes.”

“And we see: the cruelty and barbarity with which the military personnel of Ukraine behave, the crimes that they commit against the civilian population, those monstrous crimes that they commit against prisoners of war, confirm that this system for the control and creation of a cruel murder machine was implemented under the management of the United States,” Yarovaya was quoted telling reporters.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-says-its-losing-because-ukraine-has-experimental-mutant-troops-created-in-secret-biolabss

At least everyone seems to agree the US is behind it. Though, wiesek is probably right, and there are as many nazis in the US than in Ukraine, same for antisemitism (i.e., anti Jew and anti Muslim). Ironically, the nazis here favor Putin.

Anyway, the old Nazis wanted to eradicate Jews completely, not oppression, genocide. If I'd been a Jew in Ukraine, I'd have left long ago. Apparently, that hasn't happened. I'm no more or less skeptical of anti-Jewish atrocities as I am of atrocities against Uighurs. But, I tend to be biased toward reports from people with skin in the game. I think wiesiek has a particular position because he's in Poland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0F9AsEbPmc
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:43 am

wiesiek wrote:and
even better , than Nazi news:

internationalaffairs.co
Russia says its losing the war because of Ukraine’s ‘mutant soldiers’
10:19 AM · 25 lip 2022

:o :-*

There is no way Russia loses the war....It can't...

Let's say somehow it does....Whats the end game,
whats the expectation ?

Going through a world realignment, the US won't go easily, inevitably it will happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS81D9buAkU&t=1430s
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:53 am

I don't think it is so much an issue of Russia losing as simply running out of the stuff to fight the war with.

Their economic situation is pretty precarious right now and considering the age of a lot of the equipment they are throwing at the conflict it is pretty clear they are highly logistically stressed. At what point do they simply run out of artillery shells and tube rockets?

They will lose most of their commercial air/airlift in the next year as well due to the embargo on repair parts for all the Airbus/Boeing fleet. The old Soviet fleet of aircraft is all but dead and rapidly aging out. Not that they even have the ability to restart production lines to regenerate any of it in the first place.

A bigger issue is, what happens if they simply stop fighting? Russia absolutely lacks the ability to occupy the Ukraine wholesale. So, I'm not sure what winning looks like in that context.

About half of their oil production is going offline in the next 12 months if the big Western oil companies don't come back.

Even at the cut rate prices the Russians are selling petroleum to third party countries, I'm not sure their economy works at all with that big a loss in capacity.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:17 am

Russia absolutely lacks the ability to occupy the Ukraine wholesale. So, I'm not sure what winning looks like in that context.

Nobody knows. Putin would have hoped to have a pro-Russian government installed. It's likely that the Donetsk region could be annexed. Those would be considered wins.

But, if either happens, it will only reinforce the determination of bordering states to join NATO (or form their own mutual alliances and treaties). That has already happened because of the attack, and is unlikely to change.

Another question is what happens after Putin?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:55 am

Well, that's a whole other thing.

It appears Putin has either murdered off or exiled anyone who might have replaced him.

His cohort of ex-KGB officers are all in their 70's and aren't being replaced either.

It'll be a dark horse candidate or worse case... no one will show up to run the joint.

Smart and productive Russians have been fleeing the place for two generations now. Between that and their terrible demographics I'm not sure there is any answer beyond wholesale collapse.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:11 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:35 am

Russian politics is steady. Putin is just present face of it.
Gorbachev`s "pieriestroika" was tactical move, anyway thx Gorby!

Russia doesn`t need "victory", they need steady mess.
Dividing Ukraine is their short term aim.

worth to mention, that this III W.W., (yes it is, just everybody afraid to name it),
doesn`t need A- blast to openly show itself. Ukrainian "theater of war " is old fashioned play to empty military storage and keep societies in constant state of danger.

Recently our family bank account was hacked.
Seemingly nothing unusual in time of internet banking,
however,
when I dig and analyzed it as much, as I could :
it wasn`t "ordinary" hacker, but very well ( i would say : to much ) organized Russians ...
They even try to take loan, hopefully unsuccessfully, but only `cause we did it earlier, :D
Police - yeah, we have plenty such cases recently.
Our private short investigation :
everybody asked - was in such situation, or know somebody (close relatives) who did.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:54 am

ps
today news from Moscow:

Miedwiediev :
..."Georgia should be part of the Russia..."

Duma deputy (Andriei Kolesnik):
..." Poland will be like jurastic park..."
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:23 am

WW3? Not even close. It's just another European war, and European people are being killed. Asia, S. America, Africa, India, are not involved. Even if NATO gets involved, it won't be a "world" war. The conflict affects the world, but no one except arms manufacturers are profiting.

This is more WW2 redux on a small scale. There are tank battles on open ground, and aerial bombardments of cities. There are bombardments of cities; except, in this case, only one country's cities. No matter who claims responsibility for deaths in Ukraine; they are deaths in Ukraine.

The reason the West doesn't give Ukraine cruise missiles is because of what would happen if Moscow were attacked like Kyiv. Then, it could be called a Russia-Ukraine war.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic