Russia Ukraine Situation

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Russia Ukraine Situation

Postby windwalker on Thu May 26, 2022 12:13 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat May 28, 2022 7:40 am

Some talk of sending these over to Ukraine...

MLRS M270.

Worked as NCOIC of the training course, for the maintainers of the system.

Find it strange that the US is considering sending it to Ukraine

" M270 MLRS rockets have a maximum range of more than 100 miles (165km) "

It can be used as a launch platform for "The MGM-140 Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) "

Russia, will not allow this system to be deployed, if so,,,, a very bad mistake by the west...
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 28, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat May 28, 2022 7:55 am

Nice picture,,,

On Friday, after CNN first reported the news, Russians warned that the United States will "cross a red line" if it supplies the systems to Ukraine.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics ... index.html

The US does not seem to understand what a "red line" means.... for some countries
"red lines" are really red lines :P
windwalker
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:06 pm

So Russians invade Ukraine and whine about self-defense?

Cry me a river...
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:47 am

Looks like the HIMMRS didn't work out...
Similar launcher system mounted on wheeled vehicles, capable of launching the same munitions to include ATACMS

Only capable of using on pod containing 6 rockets or 1 ATACMS

There are renewed talks / reports of now sending MLRS M270

In the picture a live fire off off of the Korean coast,,,we used to provide direct support for the systems back in the 80s...

One launcher firing twelve rockets can completely blanket one square kilometer with submunitions.

For this reason, the MLRS is sometimes referred to as the "Grid Square Removal System" (metric maps are usually divided up into 1 km grids).[6] A typical MLRS cluster salvo consisted of three M270 vehicles each firing all 12 rockets. With each rocket containing 644 M77 grenades, the entire salvo would drop 23,184 grenades in the target area.

Used in the gulf war, for whats called counter battery fire...Radars detect incoming rounds, counter fire is launched from the MLRS systems knocking out the artillery battery...

Done in a open desert with an enemy that didn't have the same capabilities..

Remains to be seen how this plays out, with an enemy that has equal to or greater capabilities..
The system itself requires a large logistical footprint in resupplying munitions and maintenance support...

Both systems can fire ATACMs range of 190 miles,

so far not supplied, so far :P ...wonder if or at what point will the US decide they will allow them to use the ATACMs...
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:02 pm

Since you mention Iraq/Kuwait, the terrain is flat enough for Ukraine to counter Russian mechanized forces but they lack the weaponry/artillery because US and NATO has hesitated to provide it, That would have been a game changer from Week 1 of the Russian invasion. Keep in mind that Trump blackmailed Ukraine , where they were supposed to get USD$650 million as part of modernization but it was held up by Trump...WTF

The early invasion with the miles long vehicular and mechanized traffic would be reminiscent of the colums of Iraq when they invaded Kuwait, the Highway of Death (Highway 50) ..Iraq was asking to be demolished and sent back to kingdom come.
If only Ukraine had the weaponry at that time but now nations are afraid because Putin would see that as interfering and would be cause for Russian nuclear option..a threat no less but it is working to the max.
Evn Biden is confused by stating that Ukraine would have to promise not to hit Russian targets on their soil so sadly Ukraine, despite doing well at this time, logistical problems plague Ukraine's military but it is really the West refusal to supply the needed tools for the battlespace. When your enemy attacks with intent to destroy you, you return that favour in kind, plue something for him to think twice about doing it the next time.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:48 pm

Since you mention Iraq/Kuwait, the terrain is flat enough for Ukraine to counter Russian mechanized forces but they lack the weaponry/artillery because US and NATO has hesitated to provide it, That would have been a game changer from Week 1 of the Russian invasion.
Keep in mind that Trump blackmailed Ukraine , where they were supposed to get USD$650 million as part of modernization but it was held up by Trump...WTF

Indeed WTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcmNGvaDUs&t=4149s

watch the video, then decide who was blackmailed...and why past presidents were reluctant to arm Ukraine...

Ya WTF.

why would or should the US arm them

What is the strategic value ?

vn Biden is confused by stating that Ukraine would have to promise not to hit Russian targets on their soil so sadly Ukraine, despite doing well at this time, logistical problems plague Ukraine's military but it is really the West refusal to supply the needed tools for the battlespace. When your enemy attacks with intent to destroy you, you return that favour in kind, plue something for him to think twice about doing it the next time.

Not a view I would share....I would say there was never "any" way that Russia would allow NATO to its border...

Make a case for NATO

why is it still around.....

I remember thinking about this in the 70s while in NATO...

If only Ukraine had the weaponry at that time but now nations are afraid because Putin would see that as interfering and would be cause for Russian nuclear option..a threat no less but it is working to the max.

.Does not the US, China and others use the same threat ?

What happens when MAD is no longer seen as a balance point, that one side feels it can "win" ?

The early invasion with the miles long vehicular and mechanized traffic would be reminiscent of the colums of Iraq when they invaded Kuwait, the Highway of Death (Highway 50) ..Iraq was asking to be demolished and sent back to kingdom come.

Think so,,,,who had control of the air,,,

Ukraine is completely different, Russia controls the air space...might want to read up on the S-400 system...

The US has not had any military action with a near peer rivle since Korea, or maybe Vietnam.

This is not a war for Russia, anyone thinking it is...
seems kinda strange...Had it been a "war" it would be quite different...

live map

https://liveuamap.com/

only a matter of time...Russia will achieve it's
objectives no other choice possible.

The US is moving into a multi polar world, trying to maintain it's unipolar hegemony

not gonna work...
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:51 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:41 pm

Noticed not much is said about the other weaponry the US has sent into Ukraine.

The anti-tank , drones, and stinger have not made that much of a difference the Russians have made adjustments.
Russian tactics, doctrine, and technologies based on them, a different view point.

To bad The US is not helping to end the war by negotiation instead of fueling it to its own ends.

Expecting a military coup in Ukraine, hopefully soon
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWHviwLMy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6ZzkfleA8

same cast of characters...same shit....same words

"were gonna make China pay a price". :P

ya ok.... :-\
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:41 am

..."To bad The US is not helping to end the war by negotiation instead of fueling it to its own ends..."
ha,
`cmon , it is nothing personal, just the business ...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:02 am

Right now, ,I`m hearing from "the west" about "saving Putin`s face"...
??
do he has one?

Only solution for me - Kremlin`s vaporization.
There is no chance for "peace" until Putin gets what he planned - part of the Ukraine.(if not whole cake)
Ukrainians doesn`t even considering cutting of piece of their country for him.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:20 am

wiesiek wrote:Right now, ,I`m hearing from "the west" about "saving Putin`s face"...
??
do he has one?

Only solution for me - Kremlin`s vaporization.
There is no chance for "peace" until Putin gets what he planned - part of the Ukraine.(if not whole cake)
Ukrainians doesn`t even considering cutting of piece of their country for him.

Hope you and family are ok, as much as can be expected....

We seem to have very different views on current events....what the driving forces are...
The US very ignorant, in trying to destabilize Russia

Might review the history of what was said by the US to leaders of
Russia at the time during the break up of the USSR, after ect.

Mikhail Gorbachev (March 11, 1985 — December 25, 1991)

Boris Yeltsin (July 10, 1991 — December 31, 1999)

Vladimir Putin (May 7, 2000 — May 7, 2008)

Dmitry Medvedev (May 7, 2008 — May 7, 2012)

Vladimir Putin (May 7, 2012 – Present)

The west "US" likes to personalize events that it causes, makes it a little easier to demonize a countries leader when spreading propaganda.
Really has nothing to do with the current president of Russia, any leader facing the same threat would be forced to take the same actions...
It is said there are some hardliners in Russia who feel President Putin is not doing enough....they would have been more forceful

Might understand what the US does,,and why.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2XNN0Yt6D8

Whats happening now has a history of the US directing events, as it always does..

Stay safe, wish the best for you, family...

expecting it to wind down, Russia will have archived its objectives

China taking notes...
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Giles on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:16 am

I'm also definitely in favour of Putin and his world view. He has done great things with Russia in recent years - something I have also heard from several Russian acquaintances here in Berlin. The Ukrainians are sadly deluded and misled: they don't need their own country, they don't need open elections or self-determination, they don't need to decide for themselves how they will align themselves internationally. They still don't realize they are actually Russians, which is sad. They need to abandon their deluded arrogance which continues to make them resist the Russian liberators. They will be much better off, much happier, under the firm but loving hand of Russian rule. God wills this, too.

My apologies for contributing to this thread after I promised to leave it, but I wished to share my epiphany. I humbly withdraw.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 am

Giles wrote:I'm also definitely in favour of Putin and his world view. He has done great things with Russia in recent years - something I have also heard from several Russian acquaintances here in Berlin. The Ukrainians are sadly deluded and misled: they don't need their own country, they don't need open elections or self-determination, they don't need to decide for themselves how they will align themselves internationally. They still don't realize they are actually Russians, which is sad. They need to abandon their deluded arrogance which continues to make them resist the Russian liberators. They will be much better off, much happier, under the firm but loving hand of Russian rule. God wills this, too.

My apologies for contributing to this thread after I promised to leave it, but I wished to share my epiphany. I humbly withdraw.

Glorious leader Putin is the only one that really understands the world geopolitical situation and how best Ukraine fits into it.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic