Russia Ukraine Situation

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Russia Ukraine Situation

Postby Peacedog on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:12 pm

FYI, the published range of an NLAW is 800M with reports of shots approaching 1000M. If the Russians were effectively using an infantry screen, it would be a lot less effective. That said, all reporting indicates the Russians are not employing an infantry screen with their armor. Finally, the automation features in the NLAW make it remarkably easy to use. The on-board computer does most of the work. Training time is minimal.

Second, what you are seeing with the Russians is probably indicative of what their capabilities have always been. While their doctrine might say one thing....their actions certainly say another.

While I was always a small war guy, rumors of vastly over-estimated Soviet, and later Russian, capability vis a vis official assessments of their capabilities were legion. And I think this is playing out now. Plus the saying in Foreign Military Sales (FMS) circles was "buy Russian when second best is good enough." Their quality of armaments was always complete crap.

And here's the real kicker...the Russians are without question the best in the world at this kind of top-down military command structure. Which means PLA field performance is likely many times worse than what is predicted in official military assessments. I'm not sure if this makes an invasion of Taiwan less likely or it makes sterilization of the island via missile strikes more likely due to expected under performance of PLA conventional forces. Either way, I'm sure the PLA is taking close notes of what is going on. As they did in Syria as well.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:35 pm

Scott Ritter, presents a somewhat balanced view point of whats going..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ32cntgP_8
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xvKqCoxMw

Civilians in Mariupol confirm war crimes committed by the Azov Nazi fighters
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 pm

7 000 000 rubels =100 000 złpl - close to $30 000
Russian family gets for dead son.~
They are watching prime TV and drowning in propaganda mud.

war simply doesn`t exsist. It is friendly help.

not so bad, couple of days pumping oil...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:02 pm

ps
word somebody, from Russia, Stalin I suppose ,:
"...u nas mnogo ludiej..."
- we have plenty of >cannon meat<
Last edited by wiesiek on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:44 am

Peacedog wrote:FYI, the published range of an NLAW is 800M with reports of shots approaching 1000M. If the Russians were effectively using an infantry screen, it would be a lot less effective. That said, all reporting indicates the Russians are not employing an infantry screen with their armor. Finally, the automation features in the NLAW make it remarkably easy to use. The on-board computer does most of the work. Training time is minimal.

Second, what you are seeing with the Russians is probably indicative of what their capabilities have always been. While their doctrine might say one thing....their actions certainly say another.

While I was always a small war guy, rumors of vastly over-estimated Soviet, and later Russian, capability vis a vis official assessments of their capabilities were legion. And I think this is playing out now. Plus the saying in Foreign Military Sales (FMS) circles was "buy Russian when second best is good enough." Their quality of armaments was always complete crap.

And here's the real kicker...the Russians are without question the best in the world at this kind of top-down military command structure. Which means PLA field performance is likely many times worse than what is predicted in official military assessments. I'm not sure if this makes an invasion of Taiwan less likely or it makes sterilization of the island via missile strikes more likely due to expected under performance of PLA conventional forces. Either way, I'm sure the PLA is taking close notes of what is going on. As they did in Syria as well.

Update talks about

Gonzalo Lira Missing

effectiveness of javelin, NLAW

Propaganda, Russian tactics and doctrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN5FBFe8iso
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:44 pm

Nazi is the buzzword for Russians.

Kind of like how you can get 'some" USAers to kill anyone who is labeled a terrorist.

Continue to believe propaganda...
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:08 am

Peacedog wrote:FYI, the published range of an NLAW is 800M with reports of shots approaching 1000M. If the Russians were effectively using an infantry screen, it would be a lot less effective. That said, all reporting indicates the Russians are not employing an infantry screen with their armor. Finally, the automation features in the NLAW make it remarkably easy to use. The on-board computer does most of the work. Training time is minimal.

unless the PLA has some sort of major cyber capabilities... I dont see an invasion of Taiwan as feasible... they should probably just repossess all of the Taiwanese assets on the mainland and make a clean break of it.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:23 am

vadaga wrote:

unless the PLA has some sort of major cyber capabilities... I dont see an invasion of Taiwan as feasible... they should probably just repossess all of the Taiwanese assets on the mainland and make a clean break of it.

US secretary of state and secretary of defense are in Kyiv today...
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:19 am

windwalker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xvKqCoxMw

Civilians in Mariupol confirm war crimes committed by the Azov Nazi fighters

And... It's gone.

That account went away quickly. Why am I not surprised?

The full video and interview of the captured British guy was also on YT, but they take it away fast. He says that he chose the wrong side and that the Ukrainian army are terrible criminals and nazis. I feel sorry for him, completely fooled and taken advantage of, just like many else.

Captured BRITISH Fighters Appear on Russian State TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQfEkcXq3QY

Lancaster's latest show what the Russian army REALLY does.

Russian Soldiers In Battle And Giving Humanitarian Aid In Mariupol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CyWkPGoWo

People seem to not understand that Mariupol is in the Donbas that asked Russia for protection. The Ukraine army has been fighting Donbas' army and it's the Ukraine army that has destroyed Mariupol.

Last edited by Bao on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:20 am

This is the best summary I've read about the background and situation in Ukraine, from NATO strategist and Swiss military strategist Jacques Baud.
He makes great comments as well. Everyone should read it.

The military situation in Ukraine, as seen by an ex-member of the Swiss strategic intelligence

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-n ... elligence/
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrMJoRDfRFI

he War in Ukraine and the Collapsing World Order

Watch this in-depth discussion with distinguished guests:

Alastair Crooke
Former EU senior diplomat and the founder and director of Conflicts Forum.

Scott Ritter
Former US Marine Corps Intelligence officer and UN Chief Weapons Inspector.

Max Blumenthal
American Journalist, author, blogger, and editor of The Grayzone website.

Seyed Mohammad Marandi
Professor of English literature and Orientalism, University of Tehran.

Hosted by the Institute for North American & European Studies (INAES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeEnCcn1S3I

According to Western media, now copy-paste reporting the same claims, Russian forces apparently secretly buried *up to 9,000 Mariupol civilians* in "mass graves" in a town just west of the city.

Except, it never happened, there is no mass grave.

It's actually just a normal, small, cemetery…no pits, no mass graves, just an orderly cemetery whose grave diggers refuted Western claims.

On April 23, with journalist Roman Kosarev, I went to Mangush (Manhush in Ukrainian), found a normal cemetery setting, and spoke with the men responsible for burials, who refused the allegations and said they buried each person in a coffin, including, they noted, Ukrainian soldiers.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed May 04, 2022 6:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QjDGvQU2Y

The U.S. Should Show It Can Win a Nuclear War
Washington might study Cold War-era practices that had a major effect on Soviet policy making.

The reality is that unless the U.S. prepares to win a nuclear war, it risks losing one.
Robert C. O’Brien, a former White House national security adviser, proposed a series of conventional responses,
which are necessary but not sufficient to deter Russian nuclear escalation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-us-sho ... 1651067733

who wins. :P
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 04, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 am

Watch "Life In Russia Under Sanctions: Empty Stores, Rising Prices, Personal Tragedy" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/1vQgx28vNsg
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 1:35 pm

Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 23, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic