This occurred to me this morning (MMA related)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

This occurred to me this morning (MMA related)

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:15 am

So I binged all of Khabib's fights the other day and this morning when I woke up I was staring at the ceiling as my mind wandered and it came to me....all of this stuff going on with the sanctions on Russia over Ukraine might wipe that guy out. Not that this has any real gravity when compared with the existential threat that is Putin's ClusterFuck in Ukraine, but I was thinking about it and felt kind of bad for Khabib. Poor guy from Dagestan works his tail off fighting over the course of a decade with class and integrity....stops at the top of his career because of a promise he made his mother, and takes that money and starts a fight organization....and, I don't know if his money was protected at all, but if it's all in rubles in Russian banks and he can't do business with his fight organization because of sanctions...well, that's pretty sad for him.

Another crime to lay at Putin's feet.

Of course I have no way of knowing if this is the case or not, but one thinks about strange things in the twilight between waking and sleeping.

FWIW.

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic