My week off, maybe Some Good News

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

My week off, maybe Some Good News

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:52 am

I mean I don't really have any good news but if you think of any here's a place to put it. A contrast to the war horror and disinformation psyops for a change.

I took the week off from work to focus on myself, work out, meditate, and play with my new toys. The CR-30 3D Print Mill, ender extender to quadruple my current printer's print volume, and a perfect grade unleashed Gundam model. Trying to get into prime shape for the Tampa Bay meetup at the end of the month.

Of course some light renovations and amateur custom cabinetry will be in order.

I picked up a padded bulb on a spring type punching target to get some external feedback on my strikes. Nobody told me that you had to dry play sand before you put it in the tiny little holes but there I was scooping fifty pounds of the stuff through my oven a sheet pan full at a time till 2am the other morning.

Apparently that isn't enough weight. Even with the spring and the fifty pounds of sand in the base a strike with a little of the ol chili pepper on it will tip the stand almost completely over so it comes crashing back wildly. Since I'm training inside my office space I'd rather cut down on the chaos as much as possible, so I'm thinking putting the other fifty pounds I have in some sandbags and stacking (tying) them on the base is the ticket.

On the other hand pretty happy with the power generation, but I feel like I'm too tense on contact.

Reading "Real Gold Does Not Fear the Fire" which I highly recommend, of course.

Anyhow what mundane humaning are you up to this week?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: My week off, maybe Some Good News

Postby marvin8 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:44 am

oragami_itto wrote:I picked up a padded bulb on a spring type punching target to get some external feedback on my strikes. Nobody told me that you had to dry play sand before you put it in the tiny little holes but there I was scooping fifty pounds of the stuff through my oven a sheet pan full at a time till 2am the other morning.

Apparently that isn't enough weight. Even with the spring and the fifty pounds of sand in the base a strike with a little of the ol chili pepper on it will tip the stand almost completely over so it comes crashing back wildly. Since I'm training inside my office space I'd rather cut down on the chaos as much as possible, so I'm thinking putting the other fifty pounds I have in some sandbags and stacking (tying) them on the base is the ticket.

FWIW, my reflex bag base is different. However, I bought three 50 lb bags of play sand from Lowes, vacuum sealed the sand in smaller bags and stuffed them into the base bag (umbrella stand type). I didn't need to "dry sand in the oven." Some people stack 45 lb weight plates on their base.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:50 am

This one is kinda crappy like that. The sand entry is about two inches in diameter and it drops about four inches to an arch that goes down two sides in a channel for about 3-4 inches before opening up into the donut shaped base at large. I might could try just drying the other bag (or two, looks like) in a tub in the yard over a couple days.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Try putting some white spirits in the sand it should evoporate and take the water with it
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:47 pm

That should work :D
Quigga

Return to Off the Topic