Have Ya Seen See?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Have Ya Seen See?

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:31 pm

See is a series that asks the question "What would happen if I blind man fought a grizzly bear with a bowie knife" and you think you'd know the answer, but you'd be wrong, because the blind man is Jason Momoa and he whips that grizzly bear's ASS.

It's a post-post-post-apocalyptic fantasy story about the world thousands of years after a virus wiped out civilization and left all of the survivors and their descendants completely blind.

There's a man who can see and the queen learns that he's knocked up some lady in a remote village with a baby that could potentially see and sends her death squads to go eradicate this clear and present threat to her power.

I'm four episodes in and there are two seasons and bada-ba-pa-pa I'm lovin it. The action sequences and melee battles are simply fantastic. Lots of really precise blade work for a bunch of blind guys. They really do earn it though with the story. Like the bear thing, sounds a little questionable but it makes perfect sense.

Anyhow just thought I'd pass it along since I hadn't heard anybody talking about it.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Have Ya Seen See?

Postby Quigga on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:44 pm

Nah, but I'll check it out. I can wholeheartedly recommend the series Marco Polo and the associated off-spin One Hundred Eyes. Small spoiler: Hundred Eyes is a Daoist monk who was blinded by Genghis Khan 'cause... I don't know anymore. But the monk managed to find a new way to see. That's all I can say :-)
Quigga

Re: Have Ya Seen See?

Postby everything on Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:09 am

Yeah I really love it as well. I mean you really, really have to suspend your disbelief, but after that, it's just a super enjoyable ride. Decent enough acting, great production values, nice fight scenes, silly but enjoyable plot twists, more.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic