Discord, anyone?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Discord, anyone?

Postby origami_itto on Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:50 pm

I've gotten into a couple communities that use discord and it's a pretty awesome platform.

Anybody else use it? Are there any good CIMA servers? Want to start one for the fist?

I'm putting one together for Dong Jia students if anybody is interested in learning more about that.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Discord, anyone?

Postby everything on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:56 pm

Usually when I join one, I forget to go back.

(Not a heavy gamer).

What kind of feature do you want?

Real time chat?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Oh what is Dong Jia?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Kelley Graham on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:04 am

We have a Facebook presence, but it’s minimal and spammy. It’s really a pointer to the main forum. Not sure that we need another. I have a private chat server that we can use. I can setup chat.rumsoakedfist.org If you want to play around with it. A concern is that the searchable archive feature of this forum is now missing whatever is posted on the chat. Having all our discourse in one place is better than two. There’s no practical way to bring chat content into our main venue.
Last edited by Kelley Graham on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelley Graham
Website - https://ucbprogram.com
Follow - https://ucb.social/@imklg
Kelley Graham
Administrator

Postby Appledog on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:54 am

I joined Hai Yang's discord. It has over 100 people now.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:35 am

everything wrote:Usually when I join one, I forget to go back.

(Not a heavy gamer).

What kind of feature do you want?

Real time chat?

It's just got a lot of really good community management features. Realtime chat, sure, but it's persistent so you can scroll back and catch up. Voice and video. Blocking and friending and whatnot. Just very granular controls.

everything wrote:Oh what is Dong Jia?

Dong is a chinese family name and Jia is family or style. Dong Jia Taijiquan is what I'm studying mainly at the moment: http://alexdongtaichi.com/legacy/

Kelley Graham wrote:We have a Facebook presence, but it’s minimal and spammy. It’s really a pointer to the main forum. Not sure that we need another. I have a private chat server that we can use. I can setup chat.rumsoakedfist.org If you want to play around with it. A concern is that the searchable archive feature of this forum is now missing whatever is posted on the chat. Having all our discourse in one place is better than two. There’s no practical way to bring chat content into our main venue.

It's just a thought. I'm having the same thought process about the djtjq community presence as a whole. I see the discord as a stopgap to help me coordinate while I find the final platform, but also I'm really liking Discord as a platform for what it is. I'll shoot you an invite to what I'm putting together if you want to check out the features.

Actually, if anybody is curious, here's a link that you could use to sign up for discord and join the server. There's nobody really on it yet except me and Alex but you can poke around and see what it's all about.
Invite Code: 9MXUPhuT9G
https://discord.gg/9MXUPhuT9G

Ultimately I'm looking for a student information system and community platform to help track student and instructor progress and certification across teaching locations worldwide, as well as provide a medium for information exchange and possibly even online courses. All the good options seem spendy so far lol.

Appledog wrote:I joined Hai Yang's discord. It has over 100 people now.

Cool let me go stink the place up! Send me the invite!
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic