If I don't tell you this

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

If I don't tell you this

Postby windwalker on Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:41 pm

https://www.ixigua.com/7070984559508062 ... 91b9599d4c

Yang Chengfu: "If I don't tell you this sentence, you won't learn it in three lifetimes."

Translation by "google"
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: If I don't tell you this

Postby Appledog on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:17 am

CMC said this? Wait, Yang ChengFu said this?
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:47 am

Most secrets are hidden in plain view, but not recognized as such, because they are generally very simple truths. The best teachers show students how to look, without telling them what to see.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:44 am

It is interesting

My teacher once said "in this life time you won't get it"

My reply " thats ok, I will find you in the next and practice more "

He thought on this a little, and laughed

As time went on, he would say the same thing only, in terms of yrs,, :)

As skill was gained through practice

Many yrs back read some where, that this was mentioned to Zhang Man Cheng...by his teacher Yang Chen fu..

The clip outlined something I've not heard in a long time, thought others might find it interesting.

Mr. Yang Chengfu: "Song", "If you don't tell you this sentence, you won't be able to learn it in three lifetimes."

Mr. Wu Tunan said: "The secret of Taijiquan lies in Song 8 Duan Nine Festivals."

Mr. Zheng Manqing said: "Not only in three lifetimes, maybe in six lifetimes, I still can't learn it."

Mr. Li Yaxuan put forward in "Tai Chi Essays" that "softness is the treasure of Taijiquan"; in the diary of November 27, 1975, " I have always practiced kungfu and ignored the softness that I thought before, the essentials of "one loose and 100 loose". , So no progress in the past two years. ".

Among them, Zheng Lao described the sentence of Cheng Fu Gong the most straightforward, and directly pointed out that "loose" is the key to practicing Tai Chi! It also solved how to achieve the state required by "Taijiquan Theory".

Only under the premise of constant relaxation,

Loosen the muscles, let the qi and blood become full and unobstructed, experience the support of the muscles and bones, and feel the existence and operation of energy inside and outside the body. Understand that "the original muscle exertion is only a small part of the exercise, the original muscle can have another texture and movement state";

Loosen the switch joints to make the fascia and ligaments thicker and more flexible, the bone density is increased, and the skeleton is more reasonable and stable at the same time more flexible; Let go of the internal organs, understand what is "Zhongzheng Anshu", "Accumulate softness into rigidity", and finally open up the internal space;

Let go of your mind, feel the breath of heaven, earth, and others, and feel the beauty of peace.

With "pine", all this is possible!

https://inf.news/en/fitness/b88dec576eb ... 17e2e.html

"pine" reference for Fàngsōng 放松

My own teacher spoke in terms of yrs in achieving this
He mentioned it would take different parts of the body different times,
with the legs being the last...hands, and arms among the first.

He didn't say much, understanding that until one had reached a point in their practice where they had achieved some of the skill, explaining it would only
get in the way of something that would develop organically through the practice.

I'ts been some 10yrs after my last training with him....only now coming to a real understanding of some the practice...
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Strange on Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:52 am

windwalker wrote:It is interesting

My teacher once said "in this life time you won't get it"

My reply " thats ok, I will find you in the next and practice more "

He thought on this a little, and laughed

most excellent answer :)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Michael Babin on Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:01 pm

Studying Yang taiji for the long-term is much like peeling an onion... there always seems to another layer to be removed on that long journey to the center.

Many are too impatient and just cut through because they don't want to peel the layers slowly; but, in the long-run, it's the travelling on the road to skill and understanding that's most important [he wrote while mixing his metaphors]. :)
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic