Shanghai lockdown video banned in China

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Shanghai lockdown video banned in China

Postby gzregorz on Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Watch "[ENG Sub with Terms Explained] The Voice of April 四月之声 #ShanghaiPandemic #上海疫情2022" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/llP2qTXJFBc
Last edited by gzregorz on Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Re: Shanghai lockdown video banned in China

Postby vadaga on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:05 am

sad... the 'zero covid' approach was effective against alpha but they should have gotten vaccines going over there instead of going for zero covid.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 am

Don't fxcking believe what's in Western news, it's all fully crammed with Anti-China propaganda as usual.

Watch serious videos with serious interviews with serious facts and information instead:

Shanghai Lockdown: Facts vs Western Fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZHhazIYlbo

We Interviewed A Shanghai Resident Under COVID Lockdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4TJuXmES3g

Western Media IGNORES Solidarity and People Power During Shanghai Lockdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50Ff6agxWE

Lies, and lies, and lies Lies about China, lies about Russia, lies about Iran and about Cuba. At least 98% of what the media writes about countries that don't kiss USA's ass are just lies. And maybe up to 90% of the people in the West are too dumb to realize that they are spoon-fed daily with lies.

>:( >:( >:(
Last edited by Bao on Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby SCMT on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:08 pm

My wife texted this to me yesterday (She is a Bejingren, but here in the USA), the subtitles are a little different, I think they may actually be more accurate due to teh number of profanities, but they are pretty much the same.

A couple week or two ago a western MD that is in shanghai with his wife (I believe she is from Shanghai) posted a story about how hard it is to find food and the searching and bartering they are ding to get food.

The Zero tolerance thing of Xi's is causing more problems. But they did pretty much the same thing in Wuhan too
Last edited by SCMT on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Train with intent
SCMT
Anjing

Postby gzregorz on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:09 pm

I remember Jarek leaving Shanghai complaining about the situation there. I can see what he means.

I agree Vadaga. Every country handled it differently some good and some bad. At this point China should try something different. Locking people up for weeks and weeks and sealing off their doors is just overkill.

Bao wrote:Don't xxxxxxx believe what's in Western news, it's all fully crammed with Anti-China propaganda as usual.

Said video was made in China.

Cussing really isn't necessary, just saying as soon as I see someone get so emotional that they're cussing online stop reading anyway but I did read your first sentence.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:13 pm

Interesting how Tesla manages to stay open...

Tesla workers in Shanghai will reportedly eat and sleep on the factory floor as it enters 'closed-loop system' to avoid further shutdowns

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/te ... ar-AAWmPhM
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby SCMT on Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:44 pm

gzregorz wrote:Interesting how Tesla manages to stay open...

Tesla workers in Shanghai will reportedly eat and sleep on the factory floor as it enters 'closed-loop system' to avoid further shutdowns

They are allowing factory worker to go to work.... they are just not allowing them to go home. So they are stuck there.

As for the whole propaganda thing, my wife is getting this stuff from her colleagues some in country and others who still have family in country. No western influence involved.
Train with intent
SCMT
Anjing

Postby gzregorz on Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Yes, Tesla continuing production is complete insanity.

Like Fox Conn making iphones while the workers commit suicide. The idea that a US corporation can force their employees to work while the city is shutdown is just ridiculous and shows the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

"We must keep people locked up to save the country. Oh! You are going to shutdown the factory? In that case go ahead and keep your factory open but lock up your employees inside."

At one point in my career, I used to fill Tesla's vending machines which were constantly broken into because wages were so low. Not surprised an employee killed a co-worker in their parking lot.

Elon is just another rich tool.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:18 am

The system we have today has emerged partly as a natural response due to our engaging with the outside world, partly as a willfully manufactured machinery. Finding balance between the two will be difficult, if at all possible.

We haven't moved beyond exploitation yet - of people, of our soils and Earth, of our good luck. We still operate on a level of resource scarcity, which couldn't be a bigger delusion. The question is: are the products that result from global exploitation and various kinds of obvious and non-obvious slavery really worth the suffering that seems to be a transactional requirement?

People like Elon seem to be catalysts for human industrious output, yet that comes as everything else with pros and cons. He essentially is funneling and steering resources in his manner to achieve goals he sees as desirable. We all know the realm of desire can be quite messed up and doesn't always produce the best results for all participants.
Quigga

Postby gzregorz on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:19 am

The Tesla plant definitely adds to an interesting discussion.

Does locking down major cities in China which results in global supply chain issues and an economic downfall which of course cases more suffering especially those living paycheck to paycheck or living on next to nothing?

Or should China accept that this virus will always be here and perhaps there is a "middle way."

As a United Stateser I openly admit that our country failed to rise to the occasion in 2020. Once the vaccine became available things started to improve. With the highest death rate someone in China may wonder why I am questioning China's response.

Yet I am not really criticizing China as much as trying to get a full picture of what is happening there. Perhaps their methods are saving lives and perhaps food will arrive to people who can't seem to get it. Perhaps China is going to come out with one of the lowest death rates on record. Or perhaps China's lockdown shows what happens when you live in an authoritarian society and can't openly disagree with government policy.

I don't know what will come as a result of the Chinese way. But just as it was important to study the Swedish way and the way of other countries handled things differently I think it is important to study the Chinese way for a virus which will more than likely always be around.

Seems that Beijing is next in the Lockdown tour 2022.
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:39 am

While I can't exactly look into the future... I'd say the virus is here to stay - even if there are worse ones out there that we still managed to contain and deal with. Why that is - too many reasons to list.

What's going on is that the discussion about the value of human life, of animal life, of plant life, the value and constituent parts of life itself needs to be accelerated drastically.

No country cares about people - no business - no doc or police officer in their respective societal roles - no small grandma and grandpa shop - no big corporation - those things are all incapable of caring.

Integrity, compassion, love, responsibility, respect - the strife to move forward while being empathetic enough to care about those being left behind, moving them along with the rest - that's where we can find a solution.
Quigga

Postby SCMT on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:45 am

Looks like Beijing could be heading for lockdown if numbers climb

"The largest number of new cases has been confirmed in the Chaoyang District of the capital. District authorities restricted outings in some areas, and asked residents to work from home in principle, starting Monday."

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220425_26/
Last edited by SCMT on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Train with intent
SCMT
Anjing

Postby vadaga on Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:03 am

SCMT wrote:
gzregorz wrote:Interesting how Tesla manages to stay open...

They are allowing factory worker to go to work.... they are just not allowing them to go home. So they are stuck there.

As for the whole propaganda thing, my wife is getting this stuff from her colleagues some in country and others who still have family in country. No western influence involved.

My source of info on what is going on in Shanghai is also my friends in Shanghai who are locked inside their apartment, though they said they haven't run out of food just yet.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 am

Oh my!

The sun is shining and the clouds are smiling! Oh, what a beautiful day! <3

Hope that will make the people happier... ;D

For you China haters who believe that Shanghai is starving people. Nathan rich who lives in Shanghai makes lots and lots of criticism and say that we should blame the Chinese government for everything they did wrong. I guess the China haters will really love how he criticise the government and demands justice.
...No? ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTLCrlweX4I

Last edited by Bao on Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:26 pm

That guy is a wumao. He hasn't shown me anything sitting in front of his camera at his desk that can counter either the videos which are publicly available, or what I have heard from my friends.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic