triggers for flow state

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

triggers for flow state

Postby everything on Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 pm

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: triggers for flow state

Postby origami_itto on Mon May 16, 2022 2:16 am

This is actually some really good stuff that is extremely helpful for me right now. Thank you.
It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that jing.
"What is essential is invisible to the eye"
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon May 16, 2022 5:48 pm

it's fascinating as well as useful isn't it?

for me, taiji/qigong/meditation is "the way" to try to have the flow state faster and proportionately more of the time. because meditation puts the brain in the right waves and lets the "observer" self-regulate. qi flow feeling is like a "hack", it seems, to make that easier still.

but from the research, there are many other ways/triggers that also fit different personalities, activities, more.

also, "group flow state" .... like for sports teams or work teams or other groups ... has more variables.
Last edited by everything on Mon May 16, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 pm

The Hungarian Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi originated an excellent piece on "Flow" and elements on how it can/may be experienced within the activity that generates it i.e. one personal path and how joy, bliss can be central to that experience. More than just physical enjoyment but a unity of frequency, energy and vibration with union of bod, spirit and mind ;D
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue May 17, 2022 10:08 am

He is one of the researchers that Kotler cites, I believe.

It seems the knowledge is flowering rapidly.

I would claim MA folks know some (much?) of it…
…but likely not for “group flow”
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue May 17, 2022 10:26 am

everything wrote:…but likely not for “group flow”

It is quite the opposite for some qigong methods where the concept of "qi field" is part and parcel of "group practice". It may be not well known but the beenfit is for all.
By this I mean that e.g. you have 10 people who are in this "qi field" and they have varied and unique ways for doing the same practice but in this group practice the one with the less duration and frequency (of practice) get to "accumulate some benefits that strengthens his/her 'energy profile" and hence "experience" a "jump start" that invigorates their own understanding and vibration for wellbeing.

MMe Yang Meijun in her Dayan Qigong Method understood this concept as part of her qigong support groups and the recently modern descriptive of Hunyuan methodology, where group energy is multiplied by alll members being of the same mind, method and discipline!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue May 17, 2022 10:30 am

That sounds cool to me

But maybe not as doable for my work team or sports teams
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic