how to walk

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

how to walk

Postby everything on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:52 pm

where to land on your foot. is this what you do in bgz
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: how to walk

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:22 pm

In general, it seems right; but I think there are lots of variations. All running disciplines don't use the same foot strike techniques.

Afa walking, I don't know about bgz, but in tcc many are taught that the heel hits first. But, we're talking about ordinary, everyday walking. Imo, having the heel strike first is fine IF one isn't falling into the step with a straight front leg. As in tcc (ime), one places the foot tentatively and gradually transfers the weight. I totally agree that banging the heel into the ground is not good.

And, if someone's knees are bad/hurt for whatever reason, using the forefoot -and the outside of the pinkie toe makes sense. However, the heel will hit the ground --or walking will become very tiring. Toe-walking, fwiw, is great exercise. Well, when you're young, it can seem to easy to be exercise. Heel-walking is also a diagnostic tool for nerve damage. (I know because I had to relearn to walk after a spine operation. It ain't as easy as it looks :)).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: how to walk

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:06 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic