direct experience

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: direct experience

Postby everything on Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:39 pm

It's good to work with statisticians. At least you can get closer to understanding what "science" is and is not (or are you saying you're a scientist?). People sling around the term "science" whenever something (like even qi for example) comes up that they think doesn't exist or whatever it is they think. It just makes them seem even more ignorant. "Well science hasn't proven that" so it doesn't exist isn't logically how things actually work. There is a lot of "alien" seeming stuff out there humans don't understand. What Werdum said (it's "unbelievable"), I also find to be a genuine reaction. It was my reaction as well. Note that nobody claims Mizner (I have never met him, either) can then go beat Werdum in a fight. Don't think either of them would say that. They are reacting to a skill they haven't encountered. If it were "mechanical" leverage, it simply wouldn't work on high level mma fighters. So you have to conclude there is "something" or some outrageous thing about their amazing acting skill or even more outrageous things about their motivations. I mean what are they selling? Are they Walt Disney? Does anyone ever stop to think about these dumb conclusions?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:37 pm

everything wrote:It's good to work with statisticians. At least you can get closer to understanding what "science" is and is not (or are you saying you're a scientist?). People sling around the term "science" whenever something (like even qi for example) comes up that they think doesn't exist or whatever it is they think. It just makes them seem even more ignorant. "Well science hasn't proven that" so it doesn't exist isn't logically how things actually work.

There is a lot of "alien" seeming stuff out there humans don't understand.

What Werdum said (it's "unbelievable"), I also find to be a genuine reaction.

It was my reaction as well.

Note that nobody claims Mizner (I have never met him, either) can then go beat Werdum in a fight.
Don't think either of them would say that.

They are reacting to a skill they haven't encountered.

If it were "mechanical" leverage, it simply wouldn't work on high level mma fighters.

So you have to conclude there is "something" or some outrageous thing about their amazing acting skill or even more outrageous things about their motivations.
I mean what are they selling? Are they Walt Disney?

Does anyone ever stop to think about these dumb conclusions?

:)

It is based on science,
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

It is tested by those who practice and work with the method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le57DjwyF-Y

The guy in blue with the white hat was a student of mine at one time in Taiwan,, he would later go on to study with Teacher Lin and his group...
Good to see him practice

He is being corrected according to the theory that makes it work,,,,the reaction by the one correcting him the results of the correction...
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:31 am

windwalker wrote:
everything wrote:It's good to work with statisticians. At least you can get closer to understanding what "science" is and is not (or are you saying you're a scientist?). People sling around the term "science" whenever something (like even qi for example) comes up that they think doesn't exist or whatever it is they think. It just makes them seem even more ignorant. "Well science hasn't proven that" so it doesn't exist isn't logically how things actually work.

There is a lot of "alien" seeming stuff out there humans don't understand.

What Werdum said (it's "unbelievable"), I also find to be a genuine reaction.

It was my reaction as well.

Note that nobody claims Mizner (I have never met him, either) can then go beat Werdum in a fight.
Don't think either of them would say that.

They are reacting to a skill they haven't encountered.

If it were "mechanical" leverage, it simply wouldn't work on high level mma fighters.

So you have to conclude there is "something" or some outrageous thing about their amazing acting skill or even more outrageous things about their motivations.
I mean what are they selling? Are they Walt Disney?

Does anyone ever stop to think about these dumb conclusions?

:)

It is based on science,
he intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

It is tested by those who practice and work with the method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le57DjwyF-Y

The guy in blue with the white hat was a student of mine at one time in Taiwan,, he would later go on to study with Teacher Lin and his group...
Good to see him practice

He is being corrected according to the theory that makes it work,,,,the reaction by the one correcting him the results of the correction...

Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JN2ugv8HYs

2015 visited this teacher, watched the demo with some of my students one from the US born in Taiwan
He translated asking questions for another friend of mine visiting at the time......

Didn't talk much with teacher Lin, did interact with his students off line...
Some quite surprised at me being able to cause the same reactions in them,
although not to the same level as their teacher at the time...

Among the many public teachers working with / using this method, its very consistent,
all express the same things, in their own way more importantly producing the same results.

What is being practiced / demoed /

aligns with the writings of Master Wang Youngquan

汪永泉授楊式太極拳語錄及拳照
Wang Yongquan Writings on Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan
Translated by Richard Man, http://facebook.com/groups/IMA.LiteraryTradition

神、意、氣要能通出體外,並能回到體內。把神、意、氣通出體外,這是技擊練法不同於養生 練法的最主要之點。意氣通出體外,能"穿透"對方身體。要注意,意氣通出後,一定要沿原路 收回,進行"內外氣交換"增強功力。如果不收回,就要傷內氣。

Shen, Yi and Qi can be projected outside your body, but be sure to collect them back inside your body. Projecting Shen, Yi and Qi outside your body is the main difference between fighting and practicing for nourishing health.

When your Yi and Qi are projected outside, they may “penetrate” your opponent’s body.

Remember that once projected, the Yi and Qi must return via the original path, so that the “internal and external Qi can exchange and transform” and increase your skills.

If the Shen and Qi do not return, then it harms the Internal Qi.

自己的意氣是不是通出體外了,要問對方。在初級階段,與對方一搭手,對方感到不過,就說 明內氣達到對方身上了。以後經過學練,逐步能"聽"、"問"、"拿"、"放"用意氣發人,進行技
擊。
To find out whether your Yi and Qi are projected outside your body, you may ask your opponent.

When you first study and touch hand with your opponent, they may feel uncomfortable.
;D very true

Thus it is clear that the Internal Qi has reached their body.

After you practice and improve, then you can use “listen, ask, seize, and let go” (Ting, Wen, Na, Fang) and use Yi and Qi to 發 (Fa, “explode,” i.e. Fajin) as the basis of your fighting skills.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic