"rebounder" (mini trampoline)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

"rebounder" (mini trampoline)

Postby everything on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:33 pm

Don't know why I got one way back when, but started using it a few days ago due to some knee rehab. Looking for super low impact cardio.

NASA did a study back in around 1980, looking for an efficient way for astronauts to re-gain bone density after time in space.

There are some outrageous claims, not surprisingly, that others (such as rebounder companies) make, but basically:

- quite easy to do cardio on it with low impact on joints. I will do some lower squats as lower impact plyo to progress beyond my basic slow squat rehab.
- good for your lymp system (the bouncing helps)
- your cells get a millisecond of 0 G at the top of your jump, then maybe 2G at the bottom.
- that is good for your "eccentric strength" (since you're braking). so if that's "internal" for you, probably fantastic for this.

I tried some "zhan zhuang" on it (zhan zhuang while jumping around), and it felt quite fantastic. Good "qi flow" while feeling like my legs can work "springiness" and "eccentric strength" and all that sort of thing. "Internal" upper and "external" lower :D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: "rebounder" (mini trampoline)

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:05 pm

One of those vibrating stands work much better for standing exercises
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Mark Rasmus is a big proponent of these as well.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:39 pm

ah yeah would like to try one of those platforms. seems super expensive. this mini trampoline is low tech and cheap.

supposedly all 600+ muscles get a little exercise from the relax/tense cycle.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:51 pm

I think I paid $75 USD a few years back for the small one I have.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:19 pm

Def useful for a cheap piece of equipment.

I guess KB is better but hard to say many others are ahead of this one. Of course it’s not very compact like, say, a jump rope is.

Deceptively simple and easy
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:01 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 pm

used to love jumping around on my daughters trampoline, had to get rid of it when we moved though :(
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:44 pm

oh man wish I had one, and could learn flips, etc. I remember my childhood friend had one, and it was so fun.

still doing this "health bounce" nearly every day. messing around with yi-quan looking arm movements. I think the combo of light bouncing, even shadow-boxing-like foot movements "rouses qi" in the way any exercise does, but the focused zhan zhuang kind of arm work sort of "contains/controls", so in a way this is perfect "bagua steps / xing yi hands" kind of external/internal mix to me. also quite an excellent, super-low impact warmup for other activities. and when I'd normally be sitting around watching tv, getting fat, I usually am bouncing now, burning a few calories. kind of triple or quadruple benefit in such a deceptively simple package.
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic